Why Not MEGA?

professa X

FYI there something called megadownloader. its downloader client for mega and allows video streaming capabilities. 

http://megadownloaderapp.blogspot.com/

I've used the MegaDownloader in it's early releases a few years back and since it had some bugs, I stopped using it altogether.

It seems the developer find a way to add/enable streaming in pc too, that's great news. I haven't tried yet, but I will do asap :)

Well, thanks professa X for this useful info. Cheers :D

EDIT:

I tested the streaming feature from my pc and it works like a charm :)

Edited by tsegro
  • Like 1

FYI there something called megadownloader. its downloader client for mega and allows video streaming capabilities. 

http://megadownloaderapp.blogspot.com/

I've used the MegaDownloader in it's early releases a few years back and since it had some bugs, I stopped using it altogether.

It seems the developer find a way to add/enable streaming in pc too, that's great news. I haven't tried yet, but I will do asap :)

Well, thanks professa X for this useful info. Cheers :D

EDIT:

I tested the streaming feature from my pc and it works like a charm :)

Im glad i was of service!  :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Sorry for a necro on this thread, but I've been using Megadownloader for a while, but recently I get a lot of the following types of errors:

* Error type: Otros
 * Internal info: MEGA returned an error when retrieving file information.
Details: EACCESS - Access violation (e.g., trying to write to a read-only share) [-11].

I'm running an older version (1.21) simply b/c I wasnt having any issues with it till now and the exe comes back clean when run against the online virus scanners.

Anyone else have these problems and/or know of a fix?  Is it the megadownloader with issues or mega folder I am trying to download from

The latest (1.51) gets tagged with some spyware and other malware crap by the scanners, so I'm in no mood to upgrade.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turnipsxyz said:

Sorry for a necro on this thread, but I've been using Megadownloader for a while, but recently I get a lot of the following types of errors:

* Error type: Otros
 * Internal info: MEGA returned an error when retrieving file information.
Details: EACCESS - Access violation (e.g., trying to write to a read-only share) [-11].

I'm running an older version (1.21) simply b/c I wasnt having any issues with it till now and the exe comes back clean when run against the online virus scanners.

Anyone else have these problems and/or know of a fix?  Is it the megadownloader with issues or mega folder I am trying to download from

The latest (1.51) gets tagged with some spyware and other malware crap by the scanners, so I'm in no mood to upgrade.

Just ignore those warnings. It's safe. It's at version 2 now I think. Google does the same thing with kickass torrent site. Or u can use a Java bases program that utilizes an entire jvm (Jdownloader)

Edited by professa X

18 hours ago, JohnFlower said:

Or you can use plowshare which doesn't require Java at all...

19 hours ago, professa X said:

Just ignore those warnings. It's safe. It's at version 2 now I think. Google does the same thing with kickass torrent site. Or u can use a Java bases program that utilizes an entire jvm (Jdownloader)

thanks for the tips.  I've move to jdownloader, but it is annoying it requires an entire jvm to run.

Is this the place to grab plowshare from?https://github.com/mcrapet/plowshare

or is there something else?

On 11/9/2015, 10:38:02, turnipsxyz said:

thanks for the tips.  I've move to jdownloader, but it is annoying it requires an entire jvm to run.

Is this the place to grab plowshare from?https://github.com/mcrapet/plowshare

or is there something else?

yea thats the problem with java programs. there sweet to code in, so its great for developers but it sux (sometimes) on the user end. but there are lighter jvm's being made so...one day java developers will be able get and eat the cake!

On 11/9/2015, 2:47:38, JohnFlower said:

That's it. You'll need his mega module too.

cool thanks for the tip!

11 hours ago, professa X said:

yea thats the problem with java programs. there sweet to code in, so its great for developers but it sux (sometimes) on the user end. but there are lighter jvm's being made so...one day java developers will be able get and eat the cake!

the price you pay for cross platform compatibility i suppose...