Why Not MEGA?

professa X

If someone is bitching about something, take it, maybe it's because they tried to download a file which was either corrupted or incomplete. The filehost might be giving them shit speeds, making the file completely worthless despite it being "free".

I'm with JF, it's completely pointless to provide downloads when normal users can't even download it properly without issues. Therefore complaints are not without reasons, unless you're a troll or complete a asshole

• Like 2

If someone is bitching about something, take it, maybe it's because they tried to download a file which was either corrupted or incomplete. The filehost might be giving them shit speeds, making the file completely worthless despite it being "free".

I'm with JF, it's completely pointless to provide downloads when normal users can't even download it properly without issues. Therefore complaints are not without reasons, unless you're a troll or complete a asshole

true. complaints do stem from a reason. i just generally never complain about free stuff b/c

1) nobody forced me to consume it

2) its not like i paid anything( either in time, cuz who waits for a download jus do sumthin while it's DLing, or money)

but yea if i were to provide content then me personally wouldnt mind going the extra few yards.

but anywho i got what i wanted out of this thread.

Mega only allows 50gb per account.

GG: Explain this one DTK xD...

3a6e93a930.png

@Professa - though this may support what you say, it was just for information purposes and specifically for DTK :). What I will say in regards to your OP is that the majority of users here would prefer and can use Mega, however as Tanis and Anon316, there are those few nagging issues for uploaders and downloaders... you cant make everyone happy ;).

@DTK - dont take this personally, I just find it funny becuase, Mega=dotcom=doesn't give a f**k=enjoy sharing your "legal", copyright obtained content. 

I have 3 MEGA accounts and not one thing from them has even been taken down from it. That's pretty much why I use MEGA, because other file sharing sites (that I know of) just get rid of their files after a certain amount of inactivity or they are more liable to just delete the files due to copyright infringement.

You should see how much you can put onto one account before something happens, lol. But I can definitely side with your reasoning. 

I think it would been better if you just "Torrent" or use "IRC" -> if they have one?

Your last sentance is the main catch here, many uploaders dont have a bot on which IRC/XDCC can be used or is available, and half of them 'trust' files hosts rather than torrents as its more convenient to or it's too much effort to seed something -_- ...

Sorry for adding my 5cents afterwards. *insert freedom of speech clause here*

• Like 2

Mega only allows 50gb per account.

GG: Explain this one DTK xD...

3a6e93a930.png

@Professa - though this may support what you say, it was just for information purposes and specifically for DTK :). What I will say in regards to your OP is that the majority of users here would prefer and can use Mega, however as Tanis and Anon316, there are those few nagging issues for uploaders and downloaders... you cant make everyone happy ;).

@DTK - dont take this personally, I just find it funny becuase, Mega=dotcom=doesn't give a f**k=enjoy sharing your "legal", copyright obtained content. 

I have 3 MEGA accounts and not one thing from them has even been taken down from it. That's pretty much why I use MEGA, because other file sharing sites (that I know of) just get rid of their files after a certain amount of inactivity or they are more liable to just delete the files due to copyright infringement.

You should see how much you can put onto one account before something happens, lol. But I can definitely side with your reasoning. 

I think it would been better if you just "Torrent" or use "IRC" -> if they have one?

Your last sentance is the main catch here, many uploaders dont have a bot on which IRC/XDCC can be used or is available, and half of them 'trust' files hosts rather than torrents as its more convenient to or it's too much effort to seed something -_- ...

Sorry for adding my 5cents afterwards. *insert freedom of speech clause here*

Thanx MK i would never had seen the 354gb out of 50 gb ! That is so BOSS. I am so MEGA now!

• 4 months later...

I download and have started to upload, MEGA is my preferred site. My second choice would probably be mirrorcreator since the download speeds are fast.

There are some uploaders that use horrible sites, a few use annoying ad links for $$$. (Anyone using Adblock + or downloaders like JDownloader can bypass all those ads) I consider profiting off of pirated materials a crime.

Sharing cartoons with others, freely, is the only way to go. And don't forget to buy the DVD/Blu Rays if you like them.

• Like 1

I download and have started to upload, MEGA is my preferred site. My second choice would probably be mirrorcreator since the download speeds are fast.

There are some uploaders that use horrible sites, a few use annoying ad links for $$$. (Anyone using Adblock + or downloaders like JDownloader can bypass all those ads) I consider profiting off of pirated materials a crime.

Sharing cartoons with others, freely, is the only way to go. And don't forget to buy the DVD/Blu Rays if you like them.

you, sir, are a prophet of pirates. preach the doctrines. if it was not for these racketeers then we woudnt have so much flame up our asses! 

Edited by professa X

because, Most uploaders don't give a fuck anymore about the spirit of sharing and only use hosters like rapidgator, tusfiles (more like tossfiles) ect.. to earn $$$.

There's a better way to earn a shitload of money:

Get a Job!

O.o rapidgator and tusfiles makes people money when the links are followed?

• 4 weeks later...

You know, it would help if someone would post a tutorial on how to download things from Mega.  I wasted hours downloading some episodes last night and can't find the download location.  Now I have to re-download things after I figure out how Mega works since there isn't even an explanation on the Mega site itself.  :hell_boy:

You know, it would help if someone would post a tutorial on how to download things from Mega.  I wasted hours downloading some episodes last night and can't find the download location.  Now I have to re-download things after I figure out how Mega works since there isn't even an explanation on the Mega site itself.  :hell_boy:

In all seriousness tell me. Exactly what the issue is. Isvthe b problem that u cant download fron the site? Becuase it should save it to your default download locat up n for your browser. Just pm me.

As professaX said it should save to your default directory. Which is normally called Downloads. Otherwise you should set your browser to ask you where to save a file every time you download something. This way things wont download on their own and you can choose where to save them. 

Alternatively just view your downloads list (ctrl + j in chrome ) which should show you the location.  

As professaX said it should save to your default directory. Which is normally called Downloads. Otherwise you should set your browser to ask you where to save a file every time you download something. This way things wont download on their own and you can choose where to save them. 

Alternatively just view your downloads list (ctrl + j in chrome ) which should show you the location.  

I looked in my downloads folder and none of the files could be found, I even searched my entire harddrive.  Mega does not ask you where to save your files to, nor does it appear in Chrome's download list.  Mega just starts downloading things in a download manager window thing at the bottom of the page.  I have to use a program called Megadownloader (found at http://megadownloaderapp.blogspot.com/) to actually download the files.

Mega does not ask you where to save your files to, nor does it appear in Chrome's download list.  

It wont ask you if you have chrome to save downloads automatically. Ideally you should have this ticked:

m8BjDHX.png

Also something else I just remembered is that Mega will download first and THEN ask you where to save (due to the way mega downloads work), Depending on the size of file you are downloading and the speed of your machine, this can take a while. The fact that its not showing up at all could mean something is interfering/missing in the download packages that tells your browser to "assemble" them into the file you are downloading. Chrome updated? 

Mega just starts downloading things in a download manager window thing at the bottom of the page. 

This sounds a bit suspect, it should download from Mega's website with the progress displayed there. No 3rd party programs. 

I have to use a program called Megadownloader (found at http://megadownloaderapp.blogspot.com/) to actually download the files.

I would remove this and try downloading again, or if you have to use a downloader program, I'd suggest JDownloader 2 instead. 

Also something else I just remembered is that Mega will download first and THEN ask you where to save (due to the way mega downloads work), Depending on the size of file you are downloading and the speed of your machine, this can take a while. The fact that its not showing up at all could mean something is interfering/missing in the download packages that tells your browser to "assemble" them into the file you are downloading. Chrome updated? 

That's the root of the problem.  I was downloading HD episodes so they were like 700MB each--and I was getting a bunch of them.  So it waited for hours until all of it had downloaded through the onsite download manager system that you just described.   I had left my computer on over night downloading the videos, and when I checked later there was nothing downloaded.   Like I said, I checked my entire harddrive.

I am aware of JDownloader,  though I probably have an older version of it.  I didn't realize it supported Mega though.  You're right that it's probably a better option than megadownloader, although megadownloader can install as a chrome extension.

In any case, I would advise recommending JDownloader or another acceptable download manager program to Kametsu users for downloading media from Mega--especially large HD resolution files.

That's the root of the problem.  I was downloading HD episodes so they were like 700MB each--and I was getting a bunch of them.  So it waited for hours until all of it had downloaded through the onsite download manager system that you just described.   I had left my computer on over night downloading the videos, and when I checked later there was nothing downloaded.   Like I said, I checked my entire harddrive.

Ah ok. If I remember correctly, mega is designed so that if the file is incomplete or doenst download fully, it deletes all the parts that it has already downloaded. It downloads them in encrypted packages as well so it wont be a common file or even a .part file that chrome usually downloads as first. 

I am aware of JDownloader,  though I probably have an older version of it.  I didn't realize it supported Mega though.  You're right that it's probably a better option than megadownloader, although megadownloader can install as a chrome extension.

JDownloader also comes with an extension if you want. Speaking of which, there is also an official extension for Mega which might solve your issue. Slipped my mind.

Personally, I prefer MEGA over all of the file hosting sites because it is more often than not accessible for me to use.  -Some prefer MEGA because it's convenient, and doesn't require much to get what you're going after.  Humans are impatient, and want instant gratification once they've found what they're looking for, and moreso, when they're not falsely lead to something, only to find out that the link has long since expired. *Cough*Sendspace*Cough*

I also agree with Blitzepidemic in regards to gaining profit off of pirated content because it, in my opinion is just as bad as going into your local movie theater and making CAM-Rips of films that're currently in theaters.

The reason I use MEGA is because of the accessibility.  Most other file hosting sites require you enter a CAPTCHA to upload/download files, and because I am legally blind, that becomes an inconvenience for me, and more often-than-not, I botch entering the CAPTCHA, and some sites won't let me re-enter it for another fifteen-to-thirty minutes.

To be honest, I don't mind using MEGA since it's a better file sharing site than other sites I've been too. It's pretty much of an improvement of MegaUpload because they don't remove inactive links like other file sharings sites used to. The downside of this site, is that it lags when it tries to download a file, but I think it depends on how many tabs you opened. The only thing I missed about MEGA is that video preview like MegaUpload did before the fiasco happened, and I'm pretty sure it'll come back (whenever the owner felts like reusing the old themes from MegaUpload to MEGA that is).

The only thing I missed about MEGA is that video preview like MegaUpload did before the fiasco happened, and I'm pretty sure it'll come back (whenever the owner felts like reusing the old themes from MegaUpload to MEGA that is).

You can actually stream any video and audio from Mega to your Android/IOS smartphone and tablet, one of the perks of Mega.

I always do that when I'm not certain about certain aspects of videos for huge video downloads. I think this is great for portability streaming of Anime in a tablet (for those having internal storage problems) and since most of the videos have a 2.0 Audio, it's best for stereo headphones.

I don't know if any other file-service does offer these advantages. Anyone?