Favorite Type of Music

RedXIII

Genre  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite kind of genre?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, happy to see trance as one of the genres here. I know that manga/anime and trance go hand-in-hand so it's not surprising that some of us anime fans like trance music too. With that said, I'll lay down some tunes.

salmun Re: music type.

I listen to alternative rock because I've never really been into songs that are from artists and bands that are well known. also techno, not sure if trance is techno but I think I have some songs of trance.

Trance is not Techno

As some of you may already know trance is very melodic and uplifting. Sometimes it can be very emotional and connect with manga/anime themes.

You can have a tune as uplifting as this

WRSTVRIuuEg

Or you can have a track as melodic and full of raw emotion such as this

u_ScgujmNvA

Now I'm not a techno listener of sorts but when somebody mentions techno I think of some song that's very Euro and used to make MapleStory AMVs, it's not trance at all.

Examples of Trance DJs:

Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond(also Oceanlab at times), Ferry Corsten, and the DJs on the youtube links.

Example of Non-Trance DJs:

David Guetta, BassHunter, Benny Benassi, etc

I looked back at my playlist and found out that the only techno I have is from DJ quicksilver and the rest is trance, guess I learned something new today.

o

check the beat... ._. I think this is techno

]

Both songs are definitely not trance. Some people could argue the second song with DJ Quicksilver is old school trance but I'm going to have to say no. Just dance/euro/techno

I'm into alternative rock, relaxing classical, epic classical, a variety foreign music (especially japanese, chinese, german, british, and swedish), original soundtrack from games or anime, some metal, some older hip-hop, some techno, some smooth jazz, alot of 90s stuff, and few 70s and 80s rock or metal.

Only things I definitely don't like is country, bluegrass, pop, blues, folk, modern rap, and english opera.

Both songs are definitely not trance. Some people could argue the second song with DJ Quicksilver is old school trance but I'm going to have to say no. Just dance/euro/techno

I never said that DJ quicksilver was trance, I like different types of music it doesn't matter to me to now weather its trance or techno if I like the beat than I like the song.