One Piece Movies - Remakes of Previous Arcs?

Koby

We all know that two of the ten One Piece movies were remakes of two very important Arks, Movie 8 was a remake of the entire Alabasta Arc (main parts anyway, filler cut out) and Movie 9 was a remake of the Chopper [Drum Island Ark] with the addition of Nico Robin, Franky and the Thousand Sunny.

Do you like movies that redo arcs of the TV series or would you rather have new stories being told in the movies? If you like remakes, mention some arcs that you'd like to see be retold in a movie and why.

-----

Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer them not do remakes. I'd rather see something new happen.

I agree, I would much rather see the movie as a sort of smaller arc with all the nonsense cut out of it. I think the bleach movies are great examples of what the movies should be like, just a little extra for everyone with lots of action, although for a series like one piece that would probably be a little hard, I don't know, but I would have to agree with you Koby, I would like something new to happen in the movies.

I have seen Movies 1 - 7 and enjoyed them... but when I found out 8 and 9 were re-tellings I just didn't bother, I mean there maybe some filler episodes in the TV series arc, but these episodes are usually full of comical moments, which I would be happy enough to watch through again.

So I'd say just random new stories of mini adventures...

• 4 weeks later...

even that i love one piece, yeah it's probably troublesome for the movies 8 and 9.. especially movie 8. it should be better if they make a new story for that..

but for some reason, if i want to skip the true episodes for the alabasta arc, i just go and watch movie and then continue to the anime episodes starting where princess vivi says goodbye on them. that's the case when im watching one piece again starting from episode 1 - latest. well, i do that if im in a hurry

even that i love one piece, yeah it's probably troublesome for the movies 8 and 9.. especially movie 8. it should be better if they make a new story for that..

but for some reason, if i want to skip the true episodes for the alabasta arc, i just go and watch movie and then continue to the anime episodes starting where princess vivi says goodbye on them. that's the case when im watching one piece again starting from episode 1 - latest. well, i do that if im in a hurry

lol thats because the arabasta arc stinks or sucks both are good answers. Theres to much drama although the last fight Luffy and Crocodile is a good one at least but you got a point. In the 9 i liked it because of gear second and the ending song and because Franky's there.

lol thats because the arabasta arc stinks or sucks both are good answers. Theres to much drama although the last fight Luffy and Crocodile is a good one at least but you got a point. In the 9 i liked it because of gear second and the ending song and because Franky's there.

that's not actually my point there.. i just watch the movie 8 - alabasta when im in a rush/ since movie 8 is a short summary of alabasta.

i still watch whiskey peak, little garden and drum arc for that. and i kinda like the moments with Ace in that time of arc since it's the only time you can see him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...