The Strain (2014 TV Series)

Emrys

thestrain.jpg

A thriller that tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, the head of the Center for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. As the strain spreads, Eph, his team, and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers, wage war for the fate of humanity itself.

IMDB - Ratings: 8.5/10 from 4,092 users

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqcuyXeN8O8

• 3 weeks later...

I'm...kind of...liking this series.

It's certainly been picking up the last couple episodes. As they get closer to this "Eclipse" things just continue to spiral and develop to what I can assume will be an all out us vs them war.

Apparently they're aren't following the novels very closely though.

'The Strain' Renewed For Season 2

'The Strain' has been a great success for F/X: an average of 11 million viewers an episode, factoring in DVR playback and repeats. So it's no surprise that the network has renewed the series based on the three-novel trilogy by filmmaker Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.

The show currently airs in the U.S. on FX on Sundays at 10/9 central, and takes a non-mainstream approach to vampires. They are presented as the results of a virus, transformed into near-bestial creatures that ravenously feed and infect others. For those familiar with the novels, it comes as no surprise that there is much more in store, and that the plague spreads beyond the confines of NYC.

The series stars Corey Stoll, David Bradley, Kevin Durand, Mia Maestro, and Sean Astin, among others. At least one of the main characters has survived past the point that they did in the first novel, so who will continue into season 2 remains to be seen.

Six of the thirteen episodes in season 1 have already aired, with seven more remaining.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m enjoying the show, but I do feel it’s kind of dragging. I’m over the human drama bullshit, I really just want to see some vampire ass kicking. The most interesting thing up to this point has been the Vampire hit squad, which lasted like three minutes and hasn’t been touched on again. I also hope that not-Lori Grimes gets what coming to her.

Being born, raised, and currently living in Queens, I really enjoy seeing a lot of these obscure locations they’ve been filming in around NY.

• 10 months later...

‘The Strain’ Renewed For Season 3
Four weeks into The Strain‘s sophomore season, the FX horror drama has been picked up for a third, to air next summer. A breakout when it launched last summer, The Strain has been down in the ratings in Season 2 but continues to be strong in the adults 18-49 demo and to deliver solid DVR gains. The second episode posted 2.6 million viewers in Live+3 and 1.5 million adults 18-49.

• Like 1

Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse lay out five-year plan for The Strain
Don’t worry: The Strain is going somewhere. Following the news that the show has been enewed for a third season, two of the show’s executive producers, Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse, told reporters at TCA on Friday that the pair have five years planned out of FX’s horror drama.

The show is adapted from a three-novel series created by del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Cuse detailed how the season-by-season distribution of the book’s material will shake out in prospective seasons. 

“From the very beginning, we had really talked about the first book being the first season, the second book being the next two seasons and the third book the last two seasons,” Cuse said, via The Hollywood Reporter. “We’ve stuck to that game plan.”

He added that season 3 and beyond will be 10-episode campaigns, unlike the 13-long ones of the first two years. The defined story arc is something that Cuse liked about the show and was an attractive part about joining the project. It’s something del Toro is adamant about retaining: “The way we see it is as a closed tale, and I’d very much like to keep it that way.”

The Strain airs Sundays at 10 p.m. ET on FX.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Dammit that's the dumbest kid I've ever seen. Makes Carl from TWD look like a genius. -_-
I really doubt it, but I hope he'll understand this time that there is no hope for his mother.

Now the hideout is found, so the group should find a new location else the Master could just send his whole battalion there; but this is TV so none of that would probably ever happen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tell me how does Eph manage to pull a hand-gun from a bag and kill a feeler that is charging him with a single shot to the head but he's been completely unable to hit targets that are standing still with a high powered rifle?

I was hoping Zach would kill his mom with that dagger last minute, but we all knew this was Zach; the dumbest kid to ever live, so it was to be expected he'd drop the dagger and run away with his mothers corpse that is being controlled by the master. It's pretty obvious the master will use Zach as a trap for Eph and the gang next season. I just hope Eph realizes there is no hope for the kid and lets him rot instead; or decides the world is more important and offs the kid.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

That's really unfortunate I love the show. I think they should have stuck with the 5 seasons or possibly 6 seasons, if I remember correctly from the latest episode they revealed their are 7 ancients, 3 from the old time 3 from new time and the master. So far we have seen 4 of them what about the others if they are alive.

Or are they not going to play any role in New York. Are they going to cram the rest in this season or the next?

Edited by Bulletgazm

17 minutes ago, Bulletgazm said:

That's really unfortunate I love the show. I think they should have stuck with the 5 seasons or possibly 6 seasons, if I remember correctly from the latest episode they revealed their are 7 ancients, 3 from the old time 3 from new time and the master. So far we have seen 4 of them what about the others if they are alive.

Or are they not going to play any role in New York. Are they going to cram the rest in this season or the next?

They kind of hinted in the last episode that someone took out the two we haven't seen and hence hid how they did so in the Lumen.

Anyways, I'm fine with Book 3 being all just Season 4, if it means we don't have to sit through another Season 2 which was mostly just filler padded out to make Book 2 last through the end of Season 3. Seemed pushing it to make two seasons out of one book.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Koby said:

They kind of hinted in the last episode that someone took out the two we haven't seen and hence hid how they did so in the Lumen.

Anyways, I'm fine with Book 3 being all just Season 4, if it means we don't have to sit through another Season 2 which was mostly just filler padded out to make Book 2 last through the end of Season 3. Seemed pushing it to make two seasons out of one book.

True I only read the first book waiting on books 2 & 3 replacements, the delivery service destroyed the books on me so I haven't read to much into it. 

I hope the masters New body is more menacing than the previous One. 

• 9 months later...