A Perfect Woman

Cynthia

Alright.. my perfect woman.

Doesn't lie.

Doesn't blame stuff on gender.

Won't hold grudges.

Loves me for who I am and won't try to change me.

Spends time with me, but will still give me my space.

Loves Anime and Video Games.

Has a friendly personality and isn't bitchy.

You said you were a virgin by choice earlier, might I ask why if it's not too personal?

You said you were a virgin by choice earlier, might I ask why if it's not too personal?

I believe in finding the right person first, and well I've never been in a relationship long enough to decide the time was right. I just don't base relationships around it. There has been in the past 3 girls who have wanted and tried to sleep with me but I never felt it was the right time. That and having sex, even with protection can still lead to babies, and I know at this point although I would love to be a father, I cannot support a baby at this time financially so I don't want to risk it.

I believe in finding the right person first, and well I've never been in a relationship long enough to decide the time was right. I just don't base relationships around it. There has been in the past 3 girls who have wanted and tried to sleep with me but I never felt it was the right time. That and having sex, even with protection can still lead to babies, and I know at this point although I would love to be a father, I cannot support a baby at this time financially so I don't want to risk it.

Well believe me, I may come off as flirty, and sluttly, but I'm as loyal as they come. I've never cheated, and I've never had the urge to.

I waited to have sex. I waited until I was of legal age, and with the right person. I never had sex with a boy, but two tried to get me to, but I wasn't ready. As for girl's, I've flirted, but I didn't get into a serious relationship until later, and even then, we talked about it before actually doing it. We were dating about 8 months before we had sex. It was a premeditated thing, and we both knew we were clean.

I am a sexual deviant though I'll admit, but only with MY girl. I NOTICE other cute girls (and a few guys) and I'll point them out, but I'd never have sex with them while in a relationship.

I believe in loyalty, and thus why I am dedicating my life to my wonderful girlfriend, and why we're getting married.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just throw in 2 cents here. Well, it's a handful of change really, but you're all welcome to my thoughts. My perfect woman:

Is intelligent, clever, and perceptive, without being pretencious, bitchy, or snide. (I mean, a little of these things is acceptable, but when they become agrivating or commonplace, problems start to happen.)

Attentive, without being servile.

Supportive, without being pandering.

She is tallented, charming, and lovable enough for me to want to share her with the world as much as I want to keep her for myself, and loving enough for me to be able to do so without jealousy.

On top of all this, she must be fun and have a good attitude, and also be willing to share with me when things are bothering her or getting her down so I can help to support her when she needs it.

and of course, common interests and being attractive to me are also bonuses.

haha. This may be a bit much for a forum, and I haven't met too many girls like this in real life, but I have met a couple, andd that gives me hope.

Heh, I hate listing general stuff like "intelligence" because everyone has their own idea of what such things mean, and it gets to the point where it means nothing at all. Everyone, to everyone, is intelligent. Unless that person happens to blow up a building because the voices in his head told him to. Even then, if you did it for a religious reason, or because you hate the government, people will still think you're pretty deep.

My rambling aside, I don't know. I've never even dated anyone, so I don't know what works for me and what doesn't. In any case, I think "your perfect someone" entails being able to deal with flaws and quirks, and having enough of what you like to be able to do so. The same goes for you. You have to ask yourself what it is that's not so great, and what could keep you from working it out with someone. As an acquaintance, Karim Temple, pointed out in "What Really Matters In Life," "Perfectionists have difficulty letting go of their point of view for the sake of compromise."

When you fail at marriage multiple times, it's not because you're an expert at marriage, but because you're an expert at failure, to borrow from a man who's only married once, and has been married a long time, Michael Wong. Maybe there's something wrong with you. Maybe it's not just because the people you get with are so flawed. You need to be amenable. I don't mean submissive, and I don't mean it as a one-way deal, but you're going to have to be able to yield or concede even when you've been embarrassed. It's about how you generally act, and that's a matter of practice as much as it is habit.

That said, it's because we're so flawed that relationships are so complicated, and we often have to do things we wouldn't want to, or at least not exactly the way we want to. When we think of perfection in a relationship, much of the time what we really mean is "what would my partner need to be like for me to not have to put in effort for it to work." You need to think twice about that approach.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling pace, but I gotta go, heh.

Hey Medora. You're quite right about intelligence. Although in this case, I mean something specific. I'm talking about the quality of a person to be able to assess a situation, see what needs to be done in that situation to allow the best outcome for all parties involved, and be creative enough to plan and execute what they feel must be done so that the best possible outcome for everyone happens.

I suppose I'm also talking about the quality of a person to be adaptive to new situations, to have social awareness, and to be able to spot patterns quickly and act on those patterns.

Really, I guess I'm talking about a lot of different things. haha. Thanks for making me expand on that a bit.

Hey Medora. You're quite right about intelligence. Although in this case, I mean something specific. I'm talking about the quality of a person to be able to assess a situation, see what needs to be done in that situation to allow the best outcome for all parties involved, and be creative enough to plan and execute what they feel must be done so that the best possible outcome for everyone happens.

I suppose I'm also talking about the quality of a person to be adaptive to new situations, to have social awareness, and to be able to spot patterns quickly and act on those patterns.

Really, I guess I'm talking about a lot of different things. haha. Thanks for making me expand on that a bit.

Oh, I didn't doubt that you had something specifically in mind when you said "intelligence"; rather, that your specific would differ from another person's specific. In other words, whether you mean something specific or not, if nobody expands on what he means by "intelligent," it gets to the point where it may as well mean nothing. On that note, thank you for expanding.

Wow, you guys have taken a light joke and made it a philosophical discussion. Really, this topic is more of a generic statement set rather than actual truths. You guys don't need to throw your personal lives into this...

This doesn't even accurately descibe how I feel about my significant other, as it's no one's business but my own.