Disappointed in Cartoon NW,Disney & the world of Animation

DigitalPimp

My God i really hate shows like this! And all the ones related to them like Adventure Time, Regular Show, World of Gumball. To me there as bad as all these Lego shows that are popping up everywhere.And what in the name of god is Steven Universe!!!

Its really stupid shows like these that are causing the cancelation of the really great shows such as Green Lantern TAS,Young Justice, Sym Bionic Titan,Thundercats.Im not even going to get in to how bad Disney XD has gotten.There buying up the rights to all the really great shows and have ruined them.They canceled Tron Uprising simply because to many adults liked it. And im terrified about what there going to do to Starwars,its bad enough that they canceled The Clone Wars.My DVR used to record numerious animated shows a week. Now im lucky to get one or two a week.I dont know if any of you feel like i do but its really heartbreaking.

What are your thoughts?   . :too_sad:

• Like 3

Young justice, symbionic titain, and green lantern were cancelled because they had low toy sales.

Yeah, cartoon network canccels shows because of low toy sales.

Anyways, Adventure time, Regular show, and Gumball came before those shows you mentioned even came out, pluss they are cartoon networs award winning shows, and they are actually pretty good.

Adventure time has an actual story as well.

As for steven Universe, it is good, and the girls can fight.

They cancceled clone wars because Disney bought the rights for star wars.

Clone was is Cartoon networks property.

As for Tron, it hasn't been cancceled yet.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

• 2 weeks later...

Considering what they are based on, I have doubts about their quality

You should watch some episodes and then you can say about their quality.

We can't judge a book by its covers, nor a TV show after just watching one episode.

It's hard not to judge the book by its cover when it is a book about clowns with superpowers

i'll ask you both not to start an argument here over this, this is not the particular place for this

i realize that you havent really started yet but if you keep at this its going to result in ugliness and id rather just nip it in the bud before it begins

as for cartoons clone wars i never really viewed as that good in the first place and as for most of it like adventure time objectively i can see its value though personally i dont like it and as for gumball adn most of the other crap i dont like it at all, times change and thats all this shows though i fear with how idiotic some of these shows are like gumball i fear kids may be getting even more dumbed down by some shows but we'll see how it goes in the future

• 4 weeks later...

i totally agree with all the complains about today's cartoons, especially when we look back to the 90's when cartoons used to be awsome. however i bellive that anything in life isn dynamic, and so on the animation industry. it's just a matter of time until we will have another great cartoons. the 2010's cartoons are just like the 70's of cartoons-  after the great 60's cartoons the 70's was bad years for cartoons industry. (i.e. the worst Hanna-Barbera cartoons ever was produced in those years.). but right after that came the 80's and the 90's..

conclusion- 

don't like current cartoons? try watch some good-old-classic-nostalgic cartoons, and be patient. soon we will have another new shows, and maby they will be better.

by the way - i heard that Cartoon Network has some new boss. maby he will turn CN to the right direction?

It's true that CN is still running because of show's like adventure time, which is why these show's haven't been cancelled yet.

But yes it's very crappy when your best show's get cancelled because of poor toy sales which is only for little children, then again CN and

disney XD only targets the younger audience, so guys like us who like these show but the younger audience who don't, these shows will end up being cancelled. It's the sad truth :hguit5:

I do hate it when my favorite cartoon shows get cancelled. But eventually they will make more good cartoons. If my original favorite cartoon shows were never canceled then I would probably never watch anything new and therefore never got to see some of the new stuff I currently enjoy.

Yes i like alot of the 90s shows to.But i just cant seen to get into anything after 1980

Nothing can beat the '90s cartoons IMO, though I've seen some from the '60s.

Young justice, symbionic titain, and green lantern were cancelled because they had low toy sales.

Anyways, Adventure time, Regular show, and Gumball came before those shows you mentioned even came out, pluss they are cartoon networs award winning shows, and they are actually pretty good.

Not all shows are promo for toys.Also Disney put the chop on the clone wars.STARWARS The Clone wars is now property of Disney.They wanted to at least finish season 6 but were told to stop.Lucasfilm no longer owns Starwars.Symbionic Titan was bumped for adventure time and for the Green lantern TAS.For the life of me i dont think ive ever seen a Young Justic Action figure.Im not saying that there isnt one but thats not the reason they canceled it.Trust me because im not making this stuff up.Ill research it because before i bash it.Symbionic Titan came first.

Sym-Bionic Titan 2009
young Justice 2011
Adventure time 2010
When i speak of Adventure time i really mean shows like it for example Regular show gumball stuff like that.i like shows to be a tad more serious.
Edited by DigitalPimp

i totally agree with all the complains about today's cartoons, especially when we look back to the 90's when cartoons used to be awsome. however i bellive that anything in life isn dynamic, and so on the animation industry. it's just a matter of time until we will have another great cartoons. the 2010's cartoons are just like the 70's of cartoons-  after the great 60's cartoons the 70's was bad years for cartoons industry. (i.e. the worst Hanna-Barbera cartoons ever was produced in those years.). but right after that came the 80's and the 90's..

conclusion- 

don't like current cartoons? try watch some good-old-classic-nostalgic cartoons, and be patient. soon we will have another new shows, and maby they will be better.

by the way - i heard that Cartoon Network has some new boss. maby he will turn CN to the right direction?

Yea that was a really sucky time for Hanna Barbera.But i did like Galtar and the golden lance and The Pirates of Dark water,Sky Commanders.

Symbionic Titan was canceled because of low toy sales

Tron has not been canseled yet

I looked this stuff up too

Starwars was bought by a diferent company, so of course they are not going to let a rival company finish, that would make no sense buissness wise.

I have seen plenty of young justice toys, they were always on the shelf, along with green lantern toys.

They were usually on the beyblade and and ben 10 toy section.

I looked this stuff up, the toy sales were bad, that is also what the company anounced as the reason they canseled the shows.

It is not that they wernt making enough money with the shows, it was just being greedy and letting toy sales dictate whether it will last or not.

Unfortunatly, not to many grown ups buy the toys for those shows.

As for the new shows, the reason why they are not canseled reasons are

The products that keep them a float are video games dvds t shirts and hats, which groen ups will buy, not toys which have a lower chance of there audiemce getting.

There main audience for Adventure Time, Regular Show and Steven Universe are late teens to adults, and a lot of college students.

Adventure Time is award winning and has the highest ratings any show on that channel has had, despite the complaints of it not being exactly child friendly, so it isn't going anywere.

Gumball is an international production that has won international awards, and is doing good world wide, so it is also not going anywere.

Sorry, I thought it would auto merge, but it didnt .

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

• 2 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2014 at 11:48 AM, Tsukumo Yuma said:

They are horrible shows hands down! Look I'm not a kid and haven't been for at least 2 decades, and no self respecting animation lover will ever put stock in them. I'm sorry to all who are offended but these silly shows are taking up space that true heartfelt shows could be filling. I'm talking about stories that a great many mature story lovers would be offended by. For example, Star Wars The Clone Wars was ended 2 seasons early,which in its own right was unforgivable. Tron Uprising was canceled before it was even given a chance. And don't even get me started on Avengers Earths mightiest heros. And in this era it really has nothing to do with toy sales.Im sorry but it doesn't.. Today its all about the ratings,and nothing more. You can say its toys till you're blue in the face but you are wrong. I wouldn't post my comments if I wasn't absolutely sure. Symbionic Titan wasn't even given a chance. Disney caters to the most young of us. At that being the case,then why would they even buy a franchise like Star Wars or Marvel for that matter. The primary viewers are mostly adult. And most of the adults are true fans from way back and grew up on there stories and care about where they end up.Come on, Green Lantern TAS and Young Justice were top notch shows and were canceled because they catered to the adult crowd. Look at The Ultimate Spiderman or Avengers Assemble compared to the past renditions. Come on people,there absolutely silly. I have a great deal more to say on this subject but I'm tired and I feel that if you don't see what I'm relying,then either youre very young or have very bad taste and have absolutely no idea what real story telling is..      .M.