Anime for my Dad

Shazi

Okay so my Dad is into anime and is asking me for reccomendations, I have sent him on a hunt to watch through all of Studio Ghibli's works as well as Coyboy Bebop and some movies that I enjoyed, Next I think I will send him to watch FMA Brotherhood but from there I am stumped as to what to give him to watch, any ideas? My dad likes Sci-fi (not mecha though) and things that are well written. He has seen Ninja scroll as well

• Like 1

Studio Ghibli is a reaaaaaally good place to start! (nice job recommending those! I totally agree with exactly what you're recommending him already!)

But a non mecha sci-fi? hmmm. That sounds like Steins;Gate to me, or even Shinsekai Yori! There's also the classic AKIRA for an old movie.
./edit: Damn, AKIRA just got mentioned. :$

If his tastes are more adult for most anime, and wants something darker. I'd recommend Aoi Bungaku. <-- VERY DARK series!
I know there's more, but they're not coming to mind. :s - I'll swing by again if I remember any!

Edited by Breathless

Bible Black.

...Erm isn't that Hentai? >_>;

Anywho Ghost in the Shell would be a good one for him to watch.

Space Dandy might be something to watch if he liked Cowboy Bebop

Aside from that maybe .hack//Sign, I'd put Sword Art Online but its a lovefest so I doubt he'd like it past the first arc lol

EDIT: Just remembered another one Outlaw Star, that was a great classic sci fi anime if I remember right :3

Edited by xAaronx

Bible Black.

...Erm isn't that Hentai? >_>;

Anywho Ghost in the Shell would be a good one for him to watch.

Space Dandy might be something to watch if he liked Cowboy Bebop

Aside from that maybe .hack//Sign, I'd put Sword Art Online but its a lovefest so I doubt he'd like it past the first arc lol

EDIT: Just remembered another one Outlaw Star, that was a great classic sci fi anime if I remember right :3

+1 for Outlaw Star, forgot about that one. Also yes Bible Black is a hentai, probably one of the most well known ones other than Boku no Pico.

• Like 1