Did anyone think about suicide before?

mid boss

It is indeed a touchy subject, I too have thought about it but not as something I was willing to do. To me suicide is something I will never resort to doing as I see it as it a low thing to do. Sure life can get bad for everyone at points but even these low points in life make us stronger, you just need the will and mental power to pull yourself up from these depths and you come out a better person for it.

I have had so many low points but I have always looked for the light at the end of the tunnel hoping things will get better and they do, you just sometimes need to find that light as it isn't always that easy to find.

Please don't think any less of me when I say suicide is a poor way and cowardly way to end ones life, I understand that some low points in peoples life can be horrible that suicide is the brighter side to things. Maybe I think this way due to me having not experienced terrible pain (mentally) but I am very curious as to why people would think ending their life is better than living it.

I say this in knowing that some lives can be lived in a terrible way but not everyone who commits suicide lives these terrible lives, in fact they could of had better lives than those who push forward looking for the positive things in life.

Sadly it is just one of those things that happen and only people with the mental and will power to push on through the bad will not resort to such a sad end to life.

I haven't just thought of it, I've attempted twice. I've grown up with my family so far down on our luck where Hamburger Helper and Top Ramen was gourmet eating, on top of being bullied and being betrayed by "friends".

I understand what J-Lord means about it being a cowardly way of escaping the troubles of life, but sometimes ending it all seems alot easier than actually dealing with it, and seeing it through to the end.

I do regret doing it though, the worry I caused my family from just ATTEMPTS, made me realize they'd be even more hurt if I were successful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Woah. Don't know how I missed this. I'll keep this short and sweet.

Suicide is a frequent theme in my household/family. I've come to my own conclusion on a few things.

Mainly, your life doesn't belong to you alone. I don't think of suicide so much as cowardly, but I do feel it's selfish. A different story if there was a button you could press to erase your existence, but such button doesn't exist. Thus, suicide will impact those that are close to you, or even just know you.

Also to answer the topic, yes. Though the nothing at the end of suicide scares me more than anything in life. :x

• Like 1

I wont lie, I did consider suicide just a bit after someone really close to me died. But in the end, I just felt like a coward for even thinking it. Besides, life is too interesting and fun to do something so stupid; you can't do anything when you're dead. Better to just live your life to the fullest without worries or regrets. That's what I think.

Mainly, your life doesn't belong to you alone. I don't think of suicide so much as cowardly, but I do feel it's selfish. A different story if there was a button you could press to erase your existence, but such button doesn't exist. Thus, suicide will impact those that are close to you, or even just know you.

I believe this true as well. I've felt so much pain and grief and witnessed the same from the rest of the family by my sister's death. Her death was an accident. I imagine the resulting pain/guilt would be even greater for a suicide death. It really does affect everyone when a loved one dies; I saw my parents so utterly torn up after the incident, I never want to see them like that again.

• 2 weeks later...

Every one should at one point, actually it's more healthy for the brain to contemplate it rather than try to block it out every time you hear the word. Personally, I won't get into the subject matter of what I've experienced because it wasn't a fun time for me. (Can't imagine it is for any one.) For one to contemplate and eventually follow through is another story. The most important thing to know, is that it's okay for you to have these thoughts. A majority of people in adolescence and post have these contemplation. It's like masturbation, completely natural. 

Now for the matter of consistency on these contemplation; If you're thinking about it every day, YOU NEED HELP. I'm not saying professional help, but talk to some one about it that you trust. Be sure it's not a friend though, a friend won't do any thing but tell you what they think you need to hear and usually it's not. And if that doesn't help then try to analyze your life, think about why and what is making you feel this way and alter the situation as you see fit. A good example would be when I was majorly addicted to League of Legends, to the point where I was mentally ill. So I stopped for a while, now I'm as clear as day and I still play the game with in moderation. There's all sorts of solutions, The best way to find one is to ask yourself what is wrong.

PLEASE, PLEASE, remember that even though it might have been a long time ago these feelings can come back in full force if one doesn't ventilate properly. Be good to yourself.

hey man, I've gone through deep shit in my live but it's nothing to commit suicide because you learned to surpass  it eventually and before you now it you live a happy life with you're computer by you're side.

plus you don't know the good side if you don't see the bad one.

so i wish you're living a happy life now and continue to live happy.  

• 4 weeks later...

To me there are two types of suicide, Not to make light of the subject but unfortunately in my occupation i cam across this a lot.  the first  type is never serious, these are people that are seeking attention. not to say there pain is not real  but they are are saying  " hey look i am in pain over here help me"  and  in this first type there are 2 sub groups Those who  genuinely want help and want  there lives to become better and those who want  someone just want  attention and or someone to a" oh poor thing your life is so bad". and then there the second type  these are the one who really do want to die, they do the research  they take their time and almost always succeed unless some  one  very alert notices or something unexpected occurs. and these are the people that usually need the most help to recover there will to live. because  they truly do not have the will to live. 

AS for my self  I have contemplated killing my self often but ultimately my position is, i not gonna give what ever  force of fate that animates this existence the satisfaction of giving ti any thing freely,  if ti want my life it  will have to take it by force.

that being said i am probably the only one  in my family that has never committed suicide. the first time i was 11 i cam home to find my mom OD's on her sleeping pills,  she would be dead but i  left school early that day.  over the year she attempted twice more  but after that first time i had started keeping track of   all her pills and sharp objects  and dangerous chemicals  around the  house so i  manged to catch her in time. my younger brother also  tried to commit suicide no one  found him in time but after he passed out  his body  threw up the pills. and my father as .... came home one day to find him hold his gun  just staring at it  and almost crying. he saw me and put ti away... and that just my immediate family. over the year i have encountered  suicide  in our extended family and among friends. they were not always prevented.

I posted this up on my DeviantArt Journal a while back but I've never mentioned it here.

Last summer, around July, I went through depression. It was the first time I ever felt something of that caliber. I woke up everyday regretting everything and feeling hopeless. Everynight I would "escape" to my anime and it would all feel better only for it to come back once more the next morning.

The depression arose as a result of the passing of my grandmother back in April 2013... on April Fool's Day. As I stated on my Journal, I thought it was all one massive joke, that someone was cruel enough to lie to us about something so serious, so critical. I broke down when I heard the news that she passed away, my mother was devastated (because it was her mother that died) and she lost it. I was scared, horribly scared, seeing my mother in that state. I had to pull myself together though, because later that day, around 11:00 a.m. I had to take one of my Art History midterms. So I swallowed it all in and I held back everything. It was a decision I would later come to regret. And so, July came and while I was at my work, my mind just wandered off. I began to regret my past decisions, thinking about all the lost opportunities in life and how in several months, I was going to turn 20. I was going to say good-bye forever to my high-school days (even though I had already graduated), to my teen years. And then I remembered the death of my grandmother and somehow began to think about the future death of my parents and family. I broke down and I headed to the restroom, and I cried silently. That was the beginning of my depression and it lasted for several weeks, up until the start of September. It was horrific, absolutely horrific. Having to wake up to such a dreadful feeling is the worst. But even then I never contemplated suicide. It never came to my mind. I was too sad to think of anything else.

But having gone through that experience makes me feel more connected to those who do contemplate suicide. Depression sucks, hardcore. It kills your train of thought. You just want to end your suffering. It's insane. But I didn't give up. I got back. My passion for the arts pushed me forward. I'm happy just knowing that my grandmother passed away peacefully. And I'm also happy that I'm fulfilling her wish of me receiving a higher education beyond that of high school, as I am the first of my family to do so.

So to wrap this up: Don't give up, never give up. Life may be hard but there's so much you can do, so much you can contribute to. Your friends and family need you. Killing yourself will only push your suffering on to them, it won't change a thing. Fight for your right to live.

Honestly speaking, not once have I ever thought about suicide, let alone cutting or harming myself in some way to relieve pain. Whenever I see someone who's in depression, thinking of suicide, cutting, etc. it makes me sad and upset, because I can't help them outside of "Oh things will get better...." because I haven't been in their shoes... How can I help someone with their pain, if I haven't been in a bad enough pain myself?

Overall though, I do my best, for myself and for others. I just hope others are like this too.

MANY times...I went through hell even before I was born. My own mother tried killing me several times, I have no idea who my biological father is, and I have a half-sister whom I've never met either. This has bothered me throughout my life and still haunts me. It makes me depressed and angry to the point where I wish I could just die, thinking I was just a mistake, being born from 2 drunkards and pot smokers.

Thankfully, when I start thinking that way, I go and watch Naruto, because the story of him and Sasuke reminds me a bit of myself, going through hell every day, those thoughts always in the back of your head. Even though they're fictional characters, I say to myself "I know I'm not alone in this" and think of Naruto and Sasuke, and how they're still around, and how kids and young adults around the globe are still around, even though they're in the same mental hell I am, and we pull through even in the worst days.

• 1 month later...

Well it has popped into my head when i lost my Grandad to cancer we were very close and we did everything together even though he was my Grandad he was the bestest friend i ever could have and when he passed on i went into a serious depression and i lost all will to even move so i was locked up in my room for days and all i thought of his i wanted to join him.but thanks to family and friends they helped me through it now i`m so much happier now, i wont lie though the thoughts of him and the holidays we took with my grandma aswell still come back into my mind and i have a good crying session but then i feel better after it. 

wow....this topic went  on fire since the last time i was here! i just put it here because i was stressed and frustrated over an important exam of mine.

but to be honest. i am not thinking of suicide directly.i just want to disappear from the world or something. i faced a lot of diffuclties in my life and like most of the guys who attempted on suicide i think life isn't fear. can't get along with most members of my family and i can't deal with tough situation and was trained by those so called my "friends". Even now when I met someone i already put in my mind that someday i am going to break with him one way or another because of him.

so i don't see anything happy if i kept on living. and when i feel happy i feel that something really bad is going to happen to me.i don't even see a bright future a head of me. so by vanishing i won't suffer living in this world nor i need to worry about the future

• Like 2