Top Posters In This Topic

Renzourin: 720p

Ventus: 396p

Detective Yakumo (Shinrei Tantei Yakumo) ==================

------------------(Oct 03rd) ---13 -----GG, Phantom, Ryugan

Renzourin:

Yosuga no Sora ============================================

------------------(Oct 04th) ---N/A ----Ryuumaru-UTW

So we still need at least someone for Index 2.

To Aru Majutsu no Index II ================================

------------------(Oct 08th) ---24 -----GG-UTW, Hatsuyuki

As for your question Ventus, nothing is wrong with them, I just like to strive for 720p encodes whenever possible if they are worthwhile. That and I much much prefer soft-subs and most groups small encodes are .avi hardsubs as they only release the smaller resolution for older pc users really.

The SD encodes are going to be 396p? That is a bizarre resolution, why not 360p or 480p?

360 is fail resolution from FUNimation streams. SD resolution has always been 396p.

480p is actually higher resolution then most DVD's. Most dvd's I rip are in a weird 704x420 resolution stretched to be 853x480 in appearance. To get these to look right they are either encoded at 848x480 (upscaled) or 704x396 (downscaled or cropped just a little).

360 is fail resolution from FUNimation streams. SD resolution has always been 396p.

480p is actually higher resolution then most DVD's. Most dvd's I rip are in a weird 704x420 resolution stretched to be 853x480 in appearance. To get these to look right they are either encoded at 848x480 (upscaled) or 704x396 (downscaled or cropped just a little).

Oh. I guess I'm just used to FUNi's Fail Streams then.

Oh. I guess I'm just used to FUNi's Fail Streams then.

Well I think maybe they did 360.. cause that puts it at 640x360, which makes the width the same as the normal resolution fullscreen videos of 640x480. That or they just wanted to reduce the size of the file to reduce bandwidth and cut costs of people watching it. One thing about FUNimation streams unlike Crunchyroll is that there is only one resolution and it's hardsubbed.

Well I think maybe they did 360.. cause that puts it at 640x360, which makes the width the same as the normal resolution fullscreen videos of 640x480. That or they just wanted to reduce the size of the file to reduce bandwidth and cut costs of people watching it. One thing about FUNimation streams unlike Crunchyroll is that there is only one resolution and it's hardsubbed.

HorribleSubs releases their SD FUNimation video rips of LOL Heroes at 360p, so yeah it's 360p.

LOL, only the first episode has aired and already this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-10-06/yosuga-no-sora-anime-bds-listed-with-extra-episodes

Starchild Records' official website for the Yosuga no Sora television anime series lists extra episodes on the anime's upcoming Blu-ray Disc releases in Japan. The first of four DVD volumes is listed as having episodes 1-3, but the first Blu-ray volume lists four episodes instead.

Similarly, the second DVD volume lists episodes 4-6, but the second Blu-ray volume lists four episodes. The third DVD volume lists episodes 7-9, but the third Blu-ray volume also lists four episodes.

The fourth and final DVD volume lists episodes 10-12, but the fourth standard-edition Blu-ray volume lists four episodes. In addition, the fourth limited-edition Blu-ray volume lists five episodes.

The first DVD/Blu-ray volume will ship on December 22. The second and third DVD/Blu-ray volumes will ship on January 26 and February 23 of next year, respectively. The fourth DVD volume and fourth limited-edition Blu-ray volume will ship on March 23, but the standard-edition Blu-ray volume will ship on April 6.

• 2 months later...
I just noticed that Nordkohl dropped Physic Detective Yakumo, so I'm gonna wait for a better group to fansub the entire series, before I share the show on the forums.

(AonE and FFPeeps suck ass, no offense)

AonE sucks but FFFpeeps is pretty much like the continuation of Nordkohl in a sense. They are who I continued with when Nordkohl dropped the series. Although I haven't started watching the series yet. When asked the Nordkohl team recommended FFFpeeps over the others.

As for waiting on another group, good luck with that. I doubt any group is going to pick it up after its over unless it's some Blu-ray only group, but then those usually just take the subs from existing releases with credit given in their release posts. So the only difference is video quality which considering you only watch the SD ones, you really won't notice anyways. Also given the quality of the airing I doubt there will even be a Blu-ray release, this series is probably only animated for DVD.

AonE sucks but FFFpeeps is pretty much like the continuation of Nordkohl in a sense. They are who I continued with when Nordkohl dropped the series. Although I haven't started watching the series yet. When asked the Nordkohl team recommended FFFpeeps over the others.

As for waiting on another group, good luck with that. I doubt any group is going to pick it up after its over unless it's some Blu-ray only group, but then those usually just take the subs from existing releases with credit given in their release posts. So the only difference is video quality which considering you only watch the SD ones, you really won't notice anyways. Also given the quality of the airing I doubt there will even be a Blu-ray release, this series is probably only animated for DVD.

There's always the chance FUNimation would license this show, lol.

Guess I'll upload both AonE and FFFPeeps.