Favorite Anime Character Who Shouldn't Have Died

idl12

Just thought I'd post this for fun, I'm sure there is a death in anime that has bothered everyone emotionally. I personally would do anything for them to do over Gurren Lagann without Kamina dying, hell they could take Simone for all I care and I wish Detective Hughes from FMA could have been spared, I feel sad everytime I think about these two deaths,, Oh and sorry If someone has done this already.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree with Hughes from FMA. He was such a likeable character.

Major - Shigeharu Honda (who the hell kills off a main character after just five episodes!)

Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG - Hideo Kuze (I know he was a terrorist, but I always felt sorry for him. His death moved me.)

While there are characters I'd like to have lived, I also understand their deaths. There are some series that'd be a lot better if some of the cast did die off. Such as Bleach a lot of characters should have been killed but never die... >_<

Some I'd like to see not die

Jiriaya - Naruto

Teresa - Claymore

Yeah I know what you mean, for example in Gurren Lagann, Simone would have never become what he became if Kamina hadn't died, but it still makes me sad since he is the reason people started to watch the show in the first place and he is probably the best incarnation of badassness ever made and I think everyone understands why I think detective Hughes should have lived but the show probably wouldn't have had such an impact if he did, it's events like these that make stories stay with us. Honestly, these are the only two anime deaths that have ever bothered me in a serious way, except for Jirayai but I never really felt it that much for him.

yes i also agree death of Hughes from FMA was so hard for me to take it,but if hadn't died the the story wouldn't be good i also agree with Oblivia the two characters from naruto Zabuza and Haku but the way they died for the loved once was fantastic.

Jiryia and Itachi and Lelouch

Spoiler...

But Lelouche didn't die. He made himself seem very evil so everyone would focus their hatred on him and then he faked his death so all the hatred in the world would end. He had obtained his father's code when his father touched him before disappearing, therefore Lelouche was immortal. As was seen at the end of the series he was with C.C.

It's also been stated to be true in a recent special picture drama that was released which also gave details of a new Code Geass being Animated.. and also said something about "someone who looks like Lelouche appears.. which is probably Lelouche himself.

Deathnote - Light Yagami should'nt have died like he did. Though some may argue he was a little dark so he might have deserved it.

Just thought I'd post this for fun, I'm sure there is a death in anime that has bothered everyone emotionally. I personally would do anything for them to do over Gurren Lagann without Kamina dying, hell they could take Simone for all I care and I wish Detective Hughes from FMA could have been spared, I feel sad everytime I think about these two deaths,, Oh and sorry If someone has done this already.

Oh and i agree, Kamina was kickass so he shouldn't have died either.

despite the controversy on whether he did or not...lelouch!!

Huh?

what controversy? It was proven in the latest picture drama and promo for code geass that he did in fact become immortal, and was still alive. So there is no way he ever died. Also why do you think he shouldn't have faked his death? It was his plan the entire time.. to gather all hatred in the world on him and then end it so nothing like that could happen again. If he didn't fake his death.. nothing would be accomplished and you'd have wasted 50 episodes for nothing with no meaning or ending at all.