'Arrow' producer delivering 'Booster Gold' script to Syfy

Koby

While a dash of green seemed to be just what The CW needed this television season, the Syfy network may be betting on gold.

338uP.jpg

The cable network ordered a pilot script based on the DC Comics character "Booster Gold" last summer, with "Arrow" producer Andrew Kreisberg penning the adaptation.

After a year of development, it appears there may be some forward momentum on the project at last. When posed the question about the status of the potential comic book and television series, Kreisberg had little information on the former but good news on the latter. "Not sure about the comic. The [television pilot] script is going to SyFy next week!" Kreisberg confirmed on Twitter.

While it is unlikely to see Kreisberg's hooded vigilante crossing over to the Syfy series, the writer did tease that an "Arrow" easter egg appears in his pilot script. "There's a line in the 'Booster Gold' pilot where somebody says, 'we finally have our own hero. Not like that nut in Starling City with the hood.' I don't know if they're going to let me keep that line over there, if [syfy] actually make the pilot, but it sort of makes me smile to think that it's the same universe," Kreisberg said.

Given Kreisberg's success with bringing Star City to life on The CW, it certainly doesn't seem out of the question that the producer's new series could be scooped up by Syfy. The series will reportedly bring back Michael Jon Carter, the actor who played the publicity hungry hero in the "Smallville" episode appropriately titled 'Booster.'

I don't think I'll be all that interested in this. I would much rather see a Blue Beetle or Green Lantern show. Booster Gold was never really a character I found all that interesting. Maybe they'll have a Blue Beetle in the series, because I believe they are friends in the comics. 

To bad Disney owns Marvel now, because a live action Avengers show would be pretty good. It could also ride on the popularity of the movies.

^ Thanks for the info. I don't really keep up with what shows are coming out, and haven't heard about that one yet. I'm not sure I'll be all that interested in that one either, but I'm sure I'll give both shows a chance. Hopefully they will succeed enough for other shows to be made about characters I'm more interested in.