Clash of the Titans

vampire-queen

Ok. I know it's kinda late, but I just have to ask.

What did you think of the remake of "Clash of the Titans"

Personally, I'm not that adverse to it, but in complete honesty, I like the original (yes, even if the monsters and what not look like moving play-doh dolls.)

I think the only part of the remake I liked was Medusa. Other than that, I think the film left much to be desired, especially on Hades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First off, I must say I HATE 3D MOVIES!! Or perhaps that's just the effect this movie had on me. The movie was soso, meaning Not good. If someone else didn't pay for my ticket I wouldn't have gone. This is one of those movie you'd watch at some obscure time such at 3am when you can't sleep and nothing better is on. Other than that it is dull. I mean as for the 3d bit, it might as well have not been in 3d it just had a few... aka very little 3d aspects in it and i just felt annoyed wearing those goofy glasses.

The acting was dry, the story was weak. and the final battle scene is a joke! HA! I mean I know it was made of rocks and such but I didn't expect it to fall so easily like a bunch of rocks!! :cold:

The lost fool gives this 2 thumbs down!! If I had more hands there would be more thumbs!!

• 1 year later...

I can't believe in the year I've been here that I never noticed this thread. The original Clash of the Titans is one of my all time favorite movies.

I didn't think the new one was that bad, and there were even parts I liked more then the original. I just thought the new one pushed more towards the special effects then the story. I liked how in the original version Zeus was so harsh towards Calibos (Thetis' son) but then insisted that Perseus (His son) be offered the finest weapons Olympus could muster the second he was put in danger. I think it did more justice to the type of god Zeus was. The original also had Bubo the mechanical owl. They did give him a cameo in the remake but only for a minute and then just brushed him aside. Bubo was one of my favorite characters growing up, so I kind of found that cameo a bit insulting.

Neither one really followed the actually myth, but I guess it really wouldn't make for a very good movie if they did.

The older one was definitely much better. Special effects aren't everything. In fact, the "clay"-effects of the older one were so damn creepy, nothing in the new one even compares in the new one. Although, I liked the story and action of the older one just the same as the effects. The older one, along with older movies in general, convey a sort of "atmosphere" that draws you into another world, into the story itself. Rarely do modern movies do this, which, to me, makes them seem superficial.

However, the newer one does feature some wicked-looking magicians that should've been in the older one.

• 3 months later...

I remember watching this movie a while ago and not being terribly impressed with it. Since I'd never seen the original, for better or for worse, my opinion was not influenced by nostalgia-goggles or memories of the first one. One scene that comes to mind is when Io basically tells Perseus his purpose in life and what he should do, and his response was, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M HERE FOR." I don't think I had any major problems with it--I've definitely seen worse movies. Maybe it wasn't worth seeing in the theatre, but probably as a rental. It does show the mindset "special effects make the movie", though.

I think this is the last Greek mythology flavoured movie I've watched--and probably ever will watch for the foreseeable future. There's so many of them and almost none of them hold my interest for long, to the point where they all start looking the same. Here's a bunch of violence, here's some sex, here's some buff dudes slathered in oil, here's some monsters, here's some dudes yelling, here's some women walking around naked, and look, the gods! It was interesting for a while and I certainly do have a fondness for Greek mythology, but it doesn't extend so far as to voraciously consume every movie and show based on it.

• 2 weeks later...