Retainer help

Shazi

OKAY so i just got my braces off today

v3lqn7.jpg

and as you can imagine i was super happy, since i have had them since i was 12 (i am now 20)

anyway, i don't mind the top retainer, it's alright, plus it has a second front tooth on it so it completes my smile but the bottom plat is driving me insane! I've already had a jaw extension and there still isn't enough room for my teeth so there isn't exactly room for the retainer either so i was wondering. If i wear it all day for the first week but then only at night after that will that be bad?

I'm not a dentist and I haven't had braces, but I would assume that your teeth would eventually move. Retainers are for keeping your teeth in place so they don't crush each other and move. Try wearing it for a week, you should get used to it. Probably more effective if you have it on all day every day

OKAY so i just got my braces off today

and as you can imagine i was super happy, since i have had them since i was 12 (i am now 20)

anyway, i don't mind the top retainer, it's alright, plus it has a second front tooth on it so it completes my smile but the bottom plat is driving me insane! I've already had a jaw extension and there still isn't enough room for my teeth so there isn't exactly room for the retainer either so i was wondering. If i wear it all day for the first week but then only at night after that will that be bad?

One of my old mates had braces since he was about 6 and got them off when he was around 16 so he had them on for like 10 years practically but anyway when he got them off he had to do what you're doing now, what he did was wear them for about two weeks, both of them and then he'd take them out and just wear them to bed and during the day if he wasnt doing anything so I don't see it doing much harm to your teeth if you take them off for a bit, I just wouldnt leave them off for too long. Hope this helped =)

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES. Don't ever just stop wearing them. I did that, and my teeth have moved quite a bit. Other people don't notice really, but I'm kind of self-conscious about it. I don't remember the time frame for mine, but I had to wear them all the time for a while, then only at night. Though mine were the clear, plastic-looking ones.

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES. Don't ever just stop wearing them. I did that, and my teeth have moved quite a bit. Other people don't notice really, but I'm kind of self-conscious about it. I don't remember the time frame for mine, but I had to wear them all the time for a while, then only at night. Though mine were the clear, plastic-looking ones.

POE WORE BRACES AT ONE POINT!? O.O You know, Poe is probably the only person I haven't seen a picture of yet out of Kametsu Regulars D:

I haven't needed braces and I'm 19 onto 20 =p Though they will cut my wisdom teeth out. But by the sounds of it, you could probably do what you want to do with your retainers and just wear them as necessary. Worst case scenario is you can call up your dentist and ask what kind of advice they would suggest =p I'm sure they would understand your situation and give you proper advice on what to do if you absolutely must take them off here and there.

POE WORE BRACES AT ONE POINT!? O.O You know, Poe is probably the only person I haven't seen a picture of yet out of Kametsu Regulars D:

I haven't needed braces and I'm 19 onto 20 =p Though they will cut my wisdom teeth out. But by the sounds of it, you could probably do what you want to do with your retainers and just wear them as necessary. Worst case scenario is you can call up your dentist and ask what kind of advice they would suggest =p I'm sure they would understand your situation and give you proper advice on what to do if you absolutely must take them off here and there.

I did! I for two years, I think. Having my wisdom teeth removed after getting my braces off is actually the thing that lead to me not wearing my retainers. They hurt right after surgery, so I couldn't wear them, then I just got lazy and stopped.

I'm not big on posting my picture. I have horrible self-esteem, haha. My teeth is one thing I'm really self-concious about too. They're not exactly straight anymore and they've got funny spots on them because of how the enamel formed. Not to mention I haven't been to the dentist in a least a year, but I can't afford to go because I don't have any insurance.

I did! I for two years, I think. Having my wisdom teeth removed after getting my braces off is actually the thing that lead to me not wearing my retainers. They hurt right after surgery, so I couldn't wear them, then I just got lazy and stopped.

I'm not big on posting my picture. I have horrible self-esteem, haha. My teeth is one thing I'm really self-concious about too. They're not exactly straight anymore and they've got funny spots on them because of how the enamel formed. Not to mention I haven't been to the dentist in a least a year, but I can't afford to go because I don't have any insurance.

Silly poe, i have seen photos of you on facebook! you're adorable!!!!

• Like 1

Silly poe, i have seen photos of you on facebook! you're adorable!!!!

I waaaan seee!!!! She couldn't possibly look any funnier than Eve :3 And Eve explodes when I make fun of her haha.