Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (Wit Studio)

RazorDan

mainvisual_small.png

Alternative Titles

English: Attack on Titan
Synonyms: Shingeki no Kyoujin
Japanese: 進撃の巨人

Information

Type: TV
Episodes: 25
Aired: Apr 7, 2013 to ?
Producers: Production IG,Mainichi Broadcasting, Pony Canyon, Kodansha, Wit Studio, Shingeki no Kyojin Team
Genres: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Super Power
Duration: 24 min. per episode
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Synopsis

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

RAZORDAN'S NUMBER 1 SPRING SEASON PICK

• Like 1

Ah. BTOOOM! Was good. I feel they're fundamentally different though. The biggest difference for me is that the main character in this actually has a hatred, and a genuine want to kill the bad guys. Where as in BTOOOM it felt like it was more out of necessity.

And how sad was the scene with the mother! When she whispered under her breathe, 'Don't go...', I almost punched that titan in her ugly face! But alas, I don't want to have to buy a new screen.

I'm really enjoying Shingeki no Kyojin! Though, one thing that I noticed is that there were a few differences between anime and manga. But, 'tis a good anime thus far. (Spoiler Below)

I can't wait to see grown up Mikasa kick some Titan Ass! Followed by some Eren-Titan go ape shit! Or Nina. Oh, my, god. How I would marry her, haha.

Anyway, can't wait for the next 2+episodes.

*ahem* Anyway. I can't wait to meet some more of the characters. Got my hopes up for this anime. (WAY UP)

• Like 1

just seen the second episode and it definitely continues the greatness from the first. right now I'm so excited for this, could be show of the year! i see what you mean with the Btooom comparison but i actually think the main characters more like Lelouch from Code Geass. i know I complained about him before but he was really good in this episode. EXCITED!!!

UNBELIEVABUBBLE! I had alot of fun watching this episode. Hopefully it follows suit for the next 20 or so episodes!
About episode 4.

They did such a good job of increasing your emotion. When everyone is talking about "let's have a competition to see who can slay the most giants" or whatever. THEN BAM. YOUR HEART JUST GETS RIPPED OUT OF YOUR CHEST. Revenge. Revenge for Thomas, please! THEN BAM, YOUR HEART BREAKS A SECOND TIME. Ouch! Only to get broken a third time. "omnomnom." Damn you, giants!

What I want to say in that rant, they're doing a good job of playing with your emotions, and using it to surprise you.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, you mean episode 5 right? But yeah, I agree, this show is ridiculous! Visually, it's one of the best I've seen too. I thought, halfway through episode 4, that the series was finally slowing down. How wrong I was. Look forward to this every week, fingers crossed they keep up the momentum.

Dont open the spoiler unless youve seen up to episode 5

One big thing I love, is that none of the characters are safe. They built up the group and I thought, okay there are our protagonists for the show but now most of them are dead. A truly unbelievable show.

• Koby changed the title to Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (Wit Studio)