How many people...

atreyuavenged

so you wouldn't go for a second season even if it's a great show that you've enjoyed, which ended in a big ass cliffhanger? 

usually i get pissed off about shows that never had that finishing touch they should have had

but i could see where you're coming from if the show had some decent ending to it but they just made the 2nd season to milk more money out of it

that's my take on it

If I liked something I'll watch the second and third season for sure, even if I've heard bad things about them. I have no problem disregarding the second season from my mind if I didn't like it. Of course if someone asks about it I'll say "oh the second season was pretty bad, don't watch it" or something but the first season loses nothing from it. 

By the way, I liked Nodame Cantaible, all three seasons + OVAs. Though the first one was definitely the best, I wouldn't recommend not watching it. (Though personally, I think the manga was much better than the anime) ... Anyway, to answer your question, no. I almost never avoid a future season, unless I didn't like the previous ones. Spin-offs are a different story though, I will avoid them half the time.

• 1 month later...

If a enjoy the first season or movie, then I will usually watch (or at least start to watch) the second season or sequel, unless it has lots of terrible reviews.

Personally, I think its better to watch a second season or sequel just in case it is as good or better than the first, because it would be ashame to miss out on such awsomeness out of fear of dissappointment. That being said, if the second seson or sequel is a bitter disapponitment then you can still just forget about, exclude it from the universe's canon, imagine that it took place in an alternate universe, etc...

For example, I thought the third "Shrek" movie was pretty disappointing both in terms of plot and continuity, so I simply pretend it never happened.

And the fourth "Shrek" movie still makes sense without it!

I never half finish an anime, I love seeing how cliff hangers end, even if they ruin the anime (though that has never happened.) I guess it is to easy for me to enjoy animes no matter how bad a second season will be or finishing episode. Plus if I never finished it, it would eat away at me till I finished it.

I'm the exact opposite.  If I'm really into an anime...I just can't stop myself from watching everything.  I always get sad when everything ends, because i just don't want to stop watching.  My problem is often trying to start a completely new anime.  I'm always afraid of being disappointed...like it just won't have any awesomeness like the animes I watched before it.  I have a lot that stay in queue because of this. LOL

honestly, i'll watch the first season then research the second to see if it's any good. if it's not, then i'll just spoiler the season. that's what i did for the second season of higurashi along with the OVAs. such a shame too, because it was a great series untill all of those damn OVAs.