Favourite Voice Actor/s in Games

Dark_Angel13

I saw another topic like this but it seemed to be for dubbed anime and the voice actors in that so I figured I'd make one over here for all the lovely voice actors in the gaming industry. If you wanna post, simple guideline. Post the actor's name, their character in the game and the game itself.

Michael Rooker,Nolan North- Black ops 1 and 2. Both wonderful voice actors and most of you may know Rooker from the walking dead series where he plays Merle. Rooker plays himself in Call of the Dead on zombies for black ops 1 and on 2 he plays Harper, a soldier with section. North on the other hand plays Edward Richtofen or The good doctor lol, he voices the zombies character and has made me laugh many times.

Brian Cox- Visari- Killzone 1 and 2. When I first played killzone, his opening speech to the helgan army gave me chills and so did the second one, had an awesome voice.

Liam Neeson- Dad- Fallout 3. When I first realised it was him it was a bit of a shock, he played that role really well and contributed to what made fallout 3 one of my favourite games

Ron Perlman- Many Titles- You likely know this man from the show Sons of Anarchy where he plays the leader of the bike club but he's also done voices for many games and some animated works. His voice is lovely and he's a terrific actor both on screen and as a voice actor.

Well that's my list for now, I'm curious to see who else show up in games and who your favourites are

• 3 weeks later...

There are so many but a couple that spring to mind are:

Martin Sheen : The Illusive Man - Mass Effect 2 & Mass Effect 3

David Hayter: Solid Snake / Big Boss - Metal Gear Solid Series

Cam Clarke: Liquid Snake/ Other - Metal Gear Solid Series / Most Bioware games and others

Mark Hamilll: The Joker - Batman Arkham Series

Samuel Jackson: Bent Cop - GTA San Andreas

Patrick Stewart: Emperor? - Oblivion? Not sure about this one but still i think it was him.

Edited by renovalentine

I actually LOVED the main cast of voice actors in Disgaea 4!

Troy Baker - Valvatorez
Patrick Seitz - Fenrich
Kate Higgins - Fuka
Carrie Savage - Vulcanus
Brianne Siddall - Emizel
Michelle Ruff - Desco

They all played their part well, especially Desco and Fuka! I actually enjoyed playing the whole game in English. Normally I swap it to Japanese but nope, these guys were fantastic. (even had me laughing most of the time)

As mentioned above, Nolan North is a great voice actor.

I really fell in love with him in Uncharted, but after that I started to hear him more and more, and now I'm kind of sick of hearing him in anything else other than Uncharted haha.

I'm also a huge fan of Stephen Merchent's efforts as Wheatley from Portal 2, David Hayter as Snake, and Mark Hamil as the Joker (but he's not really famous from the Batman games)

• 2 months later...

Charles Martinet!!! Surprised no one else has listed him yet. He voices Mario, Luigi, and other Nintendo characters. He has also done work for other games such as Skyrim.

The main reason why I like him is because he's such a nice guy. If you watch him on YouTube, you see how nice he is too fans and he's always willing to do voices and sign autographs for people.

For me it has to be David Hayter and Yuri Lowenthai.
Hayter is just amazing as Snake -- his voice is just so different and at times really funny.

Lowenthai is awesome because of his work in the .//hack series. I preffered him way more than the japanese dub Haseo.
Just hearing him scream "Skeith!" got my blood pumping all the time. ewe !!

Richard Epcar as Flay Gunnar in Mana Khemia. Every line that comes out of his mouth is fantastic and is spoken in the voice of a Saturday morning Superhero. It's magnificent.

I'm also a huge fan of Kirk Thornton as Col. Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss, his voice just seems fitting for someone as sarcastic as Jade can be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Temuera Morrison in Star Wars Republic Commando, Star Wars Battle Front 2, and Star Wars Bounty Hunter. Back in the early 2000's when Episode 2 Attack of the Clones came out. The Star Wars franchise found a big jump in there marketing by filling the clone wars saga with assorted battlefields over the course of the 3 and a half year Clone War. Temuera Morrison is the voice and image of the fearless clone army. In the Republic Commando game Morrison plays Boss. Serial number RC-1138 (another Star Wars reference to a previous Lucas work), a team leader in an elite group of clone special forces soldiers. With his voice acting and witty attitude (along with the help of a few novels written by Karren Travis) Morrison takes us to the dark underworld of Star Wars where a kill or be killed attitude and a quick trigger finger are all that stands between you and certain death. He fills the spot of every clone trooper in a galaxy where there is no force and know hope unless you have the bigger gun than the next guy. He plays Jango Fett in both the game and movie and had a brief role in the prequel season of Spartacus as the fearless Doctoray of house Batiartis. The reason I like his voice acting is it's gruff like Johnny Cash but, soothing like my father. When he speaks all characters listen whether Jedi or Sith.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...