Kametsu Member Photos

Louis Le Vau

The one I took of myself is off my Ipod the other two were taken by professional's. What's funny is the last one was taken by a girl from NPR, she was very nice but really scared for some reason. I offered her a jolly rancher and she said she was cool.

Koby I'm so jealous man, I need to get married or something. You guys look so happy.

Wouldn't rush that one if I were you! 

And Rio........who takes the photographs when you're fighting and for what purpose? I'm just asking because I don't know how these things........despite living in a country that saw its fair share of wars.

That's cool don't worry about it. There's actually two separate groups who take photo's. One is an actual Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) in the Marines called combat camera. But, there not really trained to fight so they prefer to not come out with us. The longest I ever saw one last with my platoon was a day then he didn't leave the wire again.

The other group are these heroic freelance journalists and photographer's from like CNN and FOX and BBC and NPR and stuff. Some of them will actually go right over the red line with us just to get a good photo that will make there career or some video for a documentary, there that desperate! They don't carry a gun or nothing they just follow us out on patrol and take pictures and stuff. 

To answer your other question. A reporter asked me once why I chose my job and I told her and then I asked her the same question "Why would you come out here with us I'm getting paid to shoot this (and I pointed at my rifle) and all you have is that (and I pointed at her Camera)." And she said verbatim "Because the people have a right to know what you do, don't you think?"

The one I took of myself is off my Ipod the other two were taken by professional's. What's funny is the last one was taken by a girl from NPR, she was very nice but really scared for some reason. I offered her a jolly rancher and she said she was cool.

Koby I'm so jealous man, I need to get married or something. You guys look so happy.

I wouldn't rush that if I were you.  I'm married to Minkseru [he's a member here - AKA Alex].  It can be rough and it takes a lot of work to make it last.  But if you are willing to go thru that then you're good.  We have a beautiful 9 month girl named Sakura and are expecting another to be born in December.

Me and Sakura

21131_10200713048902148_1299200137_n.jpg

Minkseru [Alex] and Sakura

268878_10200805535294250_20706647_n.jpg

Sakura

65665_10200724501868465_524965086_n.jpg

• Like 3

I always take a vain photo after a haircut 8).

That is a rad haircut.

I agree :byebye:! I like guys who style their hair more than ones who don't bother to do anything...... 

And Rio, thanks for that insight! I know about the journalists and photographers but the combat camera, I really did not know. I wish you strength and courage as you fight^^^^^

Edited by Kinara Uzumaki
  • Like 2

I wouldn't rush that if I were you.  I'm married to Minkseru [he's a member here - AKA Alex].  It can be rough and it takes a lot of work to make it last.  But if you are willing to go thru that then you're good.  We have a beautiful 9 month girl named Sakura and are expecting another to be born in December.

Me and Sakura

21131_10200713048902148_1299200137_n.jpg

Minkseru [Alex] and Sakura

268878_10200805535294250_20706647_n.jpg

Sakura

65665_10200724501868465_524965086_n.jpg

I'm trying not to but I'm like that crazy fat woman from Click. I want someone I can share conversations with and take care of. I come home from work when I'm in the states and I climb on the computer and do more work. Then I pop open a brew and play video games, not very meaningful. But, hey the bachelor life is pretty sweet. Your right Rei I shouldn't rush it. Beautiful daughter btw once again I'm so jealous. :hguit5:

Kinara no problem. Since the war's coming to an end our commands encouraging us to answer questions whenever someone asks. I'm always more than happy to shed light on the reporter's they bust there butt's.

Dan that haircut is wicked sweet dawg. It's classy and party all in one.

Edited by LTJG RIO
  • Like 2

Definitely don't rush it.  You may find the wrong person for you if you rush.  Marriage is a huge comment and one that shouldn't be taken lightly, because you are choosing to commit everything you are and have to one person for the rest of your life...thru thick and then.  So it needs to be someone that you believe with all your entirety that you love more than life itself.  Someone, that even when the world itself is dark and cruel, that they brighten your life now matter how dark it is.  It may sound lame. But that is what love is.  It really is worth it in the end.  Don't get me wrong, there will be times you fight and get mad with them, but that just shows how much you care about each other.  Because those who don't care won't fight. 

Alex[Minkseru] and Sakura are what make life life seem worth while even when I believe myself to be worthless.  Despite my dark and painful past, they are my very reason for living.  They break thru the wall around my own heart and are somehow healing it. If you kind find someone who can do that for you then you have found someone amazing.  I never thought I could be blessed with such a life.  I always wanted it but never thought I would be allowed to live long enough to attain it.  I may get overwhelmed at times but I would not wish my life to ever be without them.  Soon I'll have one more life linking me to Earth and giving more reason to live on.

You might think this to be lame and stupid, but my life was saved because of them. If it weren't for them, I probably would not be alive right now. This is no exaggeration. 

Anyways, I'm done rambling.  Thank you for complementing her.  I just got a pic of me when I was about her age and she is a clone of me except for the eye color.  LOL!  I love my beautiful daughter.

Edited by Dreamcastor Rei
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

KIWIS. I wish I could grow my hair out longer. C= My dandruff gets harder to control when I let it grow out so I tend to keep my hair short. This is actually an older picture but it's kind of like a close up of my hair. Someone also told me I could probably pass off as a Shizuo from [Drrr] if I got a yellow wig and somehow got my glasses to stay transitioned for a longer duration.

1002286_1377080672513687_1261215943_n.jp 

Edited by Kasoivc

• 3 weeks later...