Who's the number 1 in the anime universe?

Mystro69

I'm going with Naruto and his universe.

Sure goku is powerfull but people like itachi uchiha could beat him. Traping Goku in a genjutsu would work very good if you ask me.

Or Minato Namikaze could do the job. :D

Or just poisening his food :D HEHEHHE!

1. What evidence is there to support that Goku can't break Genjutsu through sheer willpower?

2. Minato Namikaze mostly just had speed, which Naruto has surpassed, and which Goku can move even faster than.

3. Pretty sure on the last page it was pretty much shown that poisoning wouldn't have much effect against Goku's own willpower. He beat Princess Snake's poisoning in the show, for example.

The fact of the matter is, there is not a single anime character out there that can beat Goku with simply brute strength vs. brute strength. Most of the other tricks people have mentioned also wouldn't have worked as pointed out. Goku can beat poison with his willpower, to Goku death means nothing. So what if a character is immortal? Just means Goku can beat the living hell out of him over and over and over again, haha.

I'm not a Goku fanboy either. I'm just being realistic. As far as my favorite DBZ character goes, that is Future Trunks (which by the way, nearly any other non-DBZ character would not stand a chance against him either). I'm also not even a DBZ fanboy, it's not even in my top 20, and I only rated it like an 8/10.

The OP of this thread stated:

Who is number 1 for being the most powerful, toughest, highly skilled fighting character that could not be defeated by any other if challenged?

But everyone is apparently ignoring this as they keep choosing people they think can win via other means besides power and fighting skill.

Ok ok, I think we all get that Goku is #1 epic king, Koby has proved that over all of us lol but he makes a good point about future Trunks. We're all saying who would be the epicest King of the anime world if it was all smashed together in one go but there's just one problem there, most animes occur on different timelines and no ones specified what year we're talking about so if we take that into account is Goku the strongest then or is someone else, someone in an anime who you know after so many years would be EPICALLY POWERFUL, even DBZ for example, if we're talking in like 2100 or something then surely Goku wouldnt be the strongest, it'd probably be Gohan or someone, I doubt Goku could keep up his power for 100 years and keep in top shape even for a Saiyan, plus he does have a family, he'd eventually settle down properly for them....So have a think about that

Ok ok, I think we all get that Goku is #1 epic king, Koby has proved that over all of us lol but he makes a good point about future Trunks. We're all saying who would be the epicest King of the anime world if it was all smashed together in one go but there's just one problem there, most animes occur on different timelines and no ones specified what year we're talking about so if we take that into account is Goku the strongest then or is someone else, someone in an anime who you know after so many years would be EPICALLY POWERFUL, even DBZ for example, if we're talking in like 2100 or something then surely Goku wouldnt be the strongest, it'd probably be Gohan or someone, I doubt Goku could keep up his power for 100 years and keep in top shape even for a Saiyan, plus he does have a family, he'd eventually settle down properly for them....So have a think about that

Timelines don't exactly matter in this kind of discussion. The question that was asked was who the most powerful character is.

For that reason, you could pick characters out of anywhere and plop them against anyone. Think of the setting in Super Smash Bros. or PS All Stars. You have Kratos from Greek mythology fighting Nathan Drake from the 21'st century. Even though,

Kratos dies in GoW 3.

Plus, DBZ has no time frame to it. It's based on the chinese novel - Journey to the West but Toriyama never actually mentioned what year it was or even if it was OUR earth to begin with. He could've created his own universe for the story, much like Naruto and One Piece.

Meh, I'm more of a One Piece fanboy than a DBZ one. In my preference, Luffy pwns everyone.

But, no matter how powerful Luffy's become in recent chapters, Goku still has the power to destroy planets. So unless someone comes up with a power on the same magnitude, he holds the belt.

Would Bleach's Baraggan defeat Goku? He could age Goku and kill him. When Goku dies, his spirit has always been the same age as when he died. So if he dies as an weak, old man, he'll continue to be that way as a spirit and continue on that way if he was resurrected.

a lot of compelling arguments lol but Goku is a beast. When they make someone stronger than goku in an anime, I bet they will actually say" ------ is stronger than even Goku" in that particular anime so nobody will have any doubts. Its hard to beat some one who can destroy planets, come back from the dead, and eat a ton in-between naps.

Honestly, if the worlds of all anime were thrown together, what would be the point of being a bad guy? You would never win with characters from DBZ around. Let’s face it; even Yamcha could beat most everyone in contention not from DBZ.

Edited by Asce

I still disagree Fate Averruncus could destroy Goku since he could just unmake him witht the magic of creation

Would Bleach's Baraggan defeat Goku? He could age Goku and kill him. When Goku dies, his spirit has always been the same age as when he died. So if he dies as an weak, old man, he'll continue to be that way as a spirit and continue on that way if he was resurrected.

Perhaps but then you're still ignoring the concept of this thread. It's not about who can use an ability to do whatever, but which character has the most brute strength and skilled fighting. You'd know this if you bothered to read the first post, which you should do in every thread as the first post always tells you what the thread is about.

Perhaps but then you're still ignoring the concept of this thread. It's not about who can use an ability to do whatever, but which character has the most brute strength and skilled fighting. You'd know this if you bothered to read the first post, which you should do in every thread as the first post always tells you what the thread is about.

I don't see what the problem is. The second half of his question was: "could not be defeated by any other if challenged." It doesn't say what the rules of that challenge would be, no powers or abilities for example. I mean, if you're going to strip people of their powers and abilities, Goku would have to give up super saiyan. That's not just brute strength or skilled fighting, but an actual transformation and would have to be considered an ability.

I don't see what the problem is. The second half of his question was: "could not be defeated by any other if challenged." It doesn't say what the rules of that challenge would be, no powers or abilities for example. I mean, if you're going to strip people of their powers and abilities, Goku would have to give up super saiyan. That's not just brute strength or skilled fighting, but an actual transformation and would have to be considered an ability.

If that is the case, he could be wished back in his former youthful self and be rejuvenated.

Even without Super Saiyan, Goku would beat any non-DBZ character in brute strength still.

The simple fact is, without some god hax ability, no one can take on Goku fairly in a one on one fight of brute strength.

I also didn't say anything about stripping powers or ability, you're putting words into my mouth. All I said is that the topic clearly is asking for whoever has the most brute strength and fighting skills. Which hax abilities do not = that.

Also as far as that goes Barragan was defeated with brute strength by Soifon... which as far as she goes, Krillin could beat. Therefore if Soifon beat him, Goku wouldn't even have to worry.

If we combined all the universes of the anime genre together! Who do you think is the greatest bad ass of all time! Who is number 1 for being the most powerful, toughest, highly skilled fighting character that could not be defeated by any other if challenged?

I just says most "the most powerful, toughest, highly skilled fighting character" which i hate to say koby means that an ability would be totally justified because it doesnt break any of those rules meaning that Fate would kick Gokus butt

Just saying

Edited by zepher4

Well, I looked up Fate Averruncus' bio profile on MAL -

The last of the three mercenary children helping Chigusa. He supposedly came to Japan from the Istanbul Magic Association a month prior the school field trip to Kyoto, but was actually hired by Chigusa Amagasaki for her plan. She refers to him as "Newcomer". Fate is an expert in both Western and Eastern magic, is highly skilled in martial arts (noted by Negi to slightly resemble the chinese martial arts he practices), and is stronger and more skilled than Negi, as of the current story arc. He was the one that almost turned everyone at the Kansai Magic Association headquarters into stone, and kidnapped Konoka when Chigusa failed to do so on earlier attempts. The name he has may not be his real name, as noted by Eishun and furthed by Professor Akashi's report. He disappeared after he and the summoned demon god were defeated by Evangeline. He specializes in water-based and petrification spells and can perform Eastern magic such as summoning demons using ofuda. Recently, Fate has appeared outside the gate to the magic world, and, upon entering the magic world by following Negi's group, attacks Negi by piercing him with a spear-like projectile. He and a group of mages (whose identities are unknown- however, one of them seems to know Asuna) then engage in battle with Negi's ministras, separating the group with a forceful transportation spell, and accomplished the mission they were originally sent to do: destroying the gateway to the normal world (the group later set out to destroy the other gate keys). Fate and his group later framed Negi's team for this, putting a bounty on each of the Ala Alba members, making it harder for them to move freely. It is noted by Evangeline that Fate may not be human (saying he was something more akin to a puppet). His and his group's intentions are not known at this time.

Now, while that is a somewhat impressive bio, it's not nearly detailed enough about his battle tactics and skills. Nonetheless, it tells that his main skills are chinese martial arts and a medusa like ability to petrify people.

Didn't exactly see the part that mentioned "unmake with the magic of creation" cuz well if he had that kind of power, he'd, y'know - eliminate the main character.

He also seems to be proficient in water-based spells, whatever they may be (Haven't seen the show or read the manga and have no idea who this guy is, to be frankly honest.) but if we consider all his attacks to be energy-based, then a beam struggle between Goku and Fate would ensue and unless Fate has enough power inside him to blow up a planet, it wouldn't be nearly enough to win.

Even if we removed Special Attacks and abilities from both sides and made it a pure martial arts tournament, well, Goku's been pretty much the strongest guy on the planet since he was a teenager.

He won the Third Tenkaichi Tournament and only lost the first 2 cuz in the first one, his opponent was more experienced and used his longer legs to an advantage and the second one was plain luck, let's face it.

So, all that considered, the only way Fate would stand a chance, a fair fight against Goku would be if he fought him sometime before the first Tenkaichi Tournament, when he still had his tail weakness.

The thing about fate is that the only reason he doesnt kill everyone is that they bet his boss and he doesnt kill everyone is cause his even more powerful boss the Mage of the Beginnings decides that hes no longer needed and not wanting to die he fights The Mage of the Beginnings and the Cosmo Entelecheia and is beaten.

He dies atleast 2 times as well so he has the whole not able to die thing going on to

Oh and hes 12 so...

http://negima.wikia....Fate_Averruncus

Edited by zepher4