What epic anime series should be made into a BIG budget live action movie?

Mystro69

On first thought I don't want any animes to be turned into movies. Why? Because the directors would just mess it up, just like they did with Dragon Ball. They would just take out all the charm and replace it with utter nonsense. But if they want to make a movie of an anime I would want them to work with Death Note. There's no action here, there's just mystery and thriller, which should be easy for the directors to reproduce to a great extent. No action anime would be a success if it was turned to hollywood movie.

• 2 months later...

Cowboy Bebop could probably translate well into a hollywood movie. Although that would be one series I wouldn't mind seeing with new material. For the most part, each episode told it's own story, so that trend could be continued with a live-action movie.

Edited by Zangou

On first thought I don't want any animes to be turned into movies. Why? Because the directors would just mess it up, just like they did with Dragon Ball. They would just take out all the charm and replace it with utter nonsense. But if they want to make a movie of an anime I would want them to work with Death Note. There's no action here, there's just mystery and thriller, which should be easy for the directors to reproduce to a great extent. No action anime would be a success if it was turned to hollywood movie.

I have to agree they tend to screw up the movies when they switch them over. FYI they made Death Note into a live action already, I am not sure about the budget but they have them out already.They had them up here a while ago, but they are not up here now.

I think they would have to be super careful if they made any anime or manga in to a live action film if it had a strong fan base. When they arent you end up with junk like Dragonball evolution (just disgusting fyi). but when the take the time to actually try like they did with things such as the Death Note Trilogy or the Gantz movies they can come up with some pretty decent stuff.

Gantz would have been the one i would want to see made in to a live action but thats already been done (really well i reckon too) i would have to say i totally agree with Zangou Cowboy Bebop would be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

One of the ones i think will work as a live action film is Battle Angel but as there makeing that we will soon see lol.

But one i would like to see them make and one that i think it would be hard for them to mess up to much is Black Lagoon it would just fit with the

american big budget live action movie scene

A movie? I think you mean movie series. I would hate to see an anime made into a single movie because they'd have to cut out too much to make it work, so a movie series would be better so less content is cut and if that is the way it would work then I'd choose Hellsing Ultimate because I want to see a real life Alucard with some epic vamp powers plus with all the attention Twilight's sparklin fairy's are getting it'd be nice for people to see a REAL! vampire

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see Code Geass in a big budget live-action movie. However the thing with anime is, it's hard to fit the entire series into just 2-3 hours of footage. They already tried doing an entire Gundam story in one movie with the G-Savior movie, and it didn't turn out that well. I also think something like Gurren Lagann or another fantastically "Screw the laws of Physics" anime would make an interesting full-length live-action movie. You know what might be fun as a live-action movie? Afro Samurai! They wouldn't have to cut too much out (they might not have to cut anything actually, since there's only about 5 episodes without the Resurrection movie), and I think it would be pretty cool if they could get Samuel L. Jackson to reprise his role! Wouldn't that be cool?

black lagoon would be great. Devil May Cry could be very interesting. Oh and I'd be interested in HOTD. I wouldnt like a code geass or gundam movie, pretty easy to F up, but Darker than Black could be pretty sick.

HOTD would be interesting as long as they do it well, DMC could be ruined too easily so I wouldnt want them to make it into a movie lol