The Delinquent

Prologue: A Fighter

Lee sidestepped the wild swing of the bulky teenager in front of him. He snorted. These 'hard men' were so weak and clumsy, fighting them wasn't even a contest. His opponent swung his left fist this time, but it had the exact same outcome. Lee was quickly becoming bored. The baying crowd that had surrounded them was also getting frustrated. They had come to see some action, and weren't too pleased at the current spectacle.

'Hit him Ray!' shouted one of them. Ray was the name of Lee's opponent. The guy had quite the reputation, not as infamous as Lee's mind you, but then again, no one was quite on the level of Lee when it came to fighting.

Ray grunted in frustration, his anger at his inability to land a blow on Lee was quite apparent. He was further incensed when Lee dodged another punch and shot him a pitying glance.

'Don't look down on me! I'm gonna kick your scrawny ass!' he sneered. Lee frowned. He didn't appreciate being called scrawny. He was quite tall for his age, in fact, he was taller than Ray. The major difference was that Lee was very skinny, unbelievably so, and no matter how much he tried to bulk up, nothing worked. It was something he was self-concious about, so Ray's comment irked him.

Time to end this, he thought.

As Ray lunged forward once more with another wild swing, Lee stepped inside the punch instead of dodging, and slammed his fist into Ray's stomach. The movement was so fast, many of the audience missed it, and so were dumbstruck at the sight of Ray slumped on the floor, clutching his stomach.

It was over, the fight had barely lasted a minute.

Lee grinned as he stood over his foe, and planted a boot on Ray's head. He looked around at the crowd. they'd all lapsed into silence by now. He grinned wider, before stamping on Ray's head. There were gasps in the crowd.

' All of these bullies are so weak. Nothing but...' he lifted his foot up again. 'Weaklings.' he smirked as he stamped on Ray once more. He looked at his watch and sighed. He had to go and pick up the results of his entrance exam, and it wouldn't look good to be late to St Kam's Academy. He kicked Ray's prone body once more, before turning around and picking up his bag. As he made to leave, he addressed the crowd.

'Tell people what you saw today. No one fucks with me and gets away with it. No one.'

And with those words, he exited.

Eve was stunned as she saw the tall boy walk away. She had been on the way to collect her entrance exam results, and had been caught up in the whole commotion. Quite frankly, the boy terrified her, he was like a monster. She was hoping now, more than ever, that she had passed into St Kam's Academy. She had heard all about it. and she knew that a despicable and scary person like that wouldn't get into a school so prestigious.

'Please god,' she whispered to herself. 'Please tell me I got in.'

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Thanks a lot Kin! I really appreciate constructive advice! I wanted to make Lee seem like an absolute dick cuz the rest of the story is pretty much fight less haha. Plus it's the prologue so I wanted to just give a rough idea on the two main characters. Hope you enjoy the rest Kin, appreciate your comment :)

• 2 weeks later...
Expand more on Eve's passage in this part, you gave a taste of her thoughts but not enough to really intrigue me. I would also suggest that you go more into why Lee was fighting Ray, it would give him more depth.

It's a pretty good story so far, keep writing.

It's a prologue, it's supposed to be like that. Prologues don't give details about a story or it's characters, they give an idea about what the reader/audience might expect later on.

• 1 month later...

Chapter 1- Encounter

The rain was thundering on the windows. The odd crack of lightning could be heard above the constant patter of raindrops. A thoroughly miserable Sunday evening, ironic considering that the first day of school was tomorrow.

Lee ran a hand through his sleek, black hair. He had arrived at his room in the school building, just as the downpour had started. He was completely soaked, and thus, not in the best of moods. As he stripped off his shirt to reveal a lean, muscular body, he reflected on the day to come. He decided he wasn't looking forward to it. He looked around the room, scanning for a towel. The room was sparsely furnished, a 32 inch TV on top of a cabinet that had a couple of empty shelves, a bed in the right corner, a small door leading into a bathroom, which, upon inspection, was completely clean and seemed brand new, a small but comfortable kitchen and finally, a decent sized table in the left corner. He couldn't complain about the room, it was pretty nice.

He strolled over to the bathroom and found a towel inside a cabinet. As he made to exit the room, he caught his reflection in the large beside mirror. His green eyes shone back at him, his fringe hung over his brow and a small scar covered his right cheek. He had gotten that a few years ago. He had also previously fractured his jaw, but showed no effects, his firm jaw line covered in a sprinkling of stubble. He knew he was very good looking but it didn't really mean much as his reputation scared away most girls, the ones who weren't afraid, didn't interest him in the slightest. There had been a girl, but that was a long time ago now.

He noticed the school logo on the towel, and his mood promptly turned sour once more. He had been very pleased upon learning of his entry into the school, but on that very day, his elation had been wiped. As he stood on the stage, receiving his certificate of achievement, he'd heard it. It was just a murmur, but it made his blood boil.

'What's a tramp like that doing here' the voice had said.

Lee had realised he wasn't dressed as well as most others in the hall, and he also realised that the fight had further sullied his appearance, but it still irked him. He knew he was, in terms of the structure of society, the lowest of the low, and that many of his peers were insanely rich and members of the upper middle class, some, he wagered, were probably aristocratic. Still, in his mind that didn't give them the right to look down on him. However, he was smart. Very smart. He had kept his cool and ignored the remark.

That would have been the end of the issue, but the boy who had made the remark had later confronted him.

'You- You're supposed to ask me if I want another drink, boy' he slurred, the wine drinking had clearly upped his courage. Lee gave him an icy glare in response. The boy recoiled but the alcohol had him talking again pretty fast.

'Who are you to look at me like that? Didn't your mother teach you manners?!' he shrieked. A few of his friends had come up behind him and one placed a hand on his arm, a grin plastered on his features, blonde and tall he seemed like the groups leader.

'Leave it James, his mother was probably some crack whore. The guy was probably an accident. What happened kid? Gangbang to earn her next fix was it?' he mocked. His posh friends guffawed with laughter. Lee just rolled his eyes. Wow these rich kids are mature, he thought. He shook his head and moved away but the tall boy grabbed his arm and had shoved him against the wall, near the exit of the Great Hall.

Lee had sighed, drawing the ire of the tall boy.

'Oh are you too good for us now?' he spat. Lee grinned. The boy became incensed.

'Are you an idiot or something?' he yelled. Lee stopped grinning, instead giving him a bored look. The blonde boy had slapped him then. Lee, acting on instinct, dropped him with a vicious right punch. The rest of the crowd had indignantly yelled and swarmed forward.

Lee remembered even more clearly what had happened next. A teacher- his Head of Year- had dispersed the crowd, grabbed Lee out of the crowd and dragged him into a nearby corridor. Lee had foolishly smiled and thanked the teacher for the help. He hadn't even seen the slap coming. He had stood dumbstruck.

'I don't care about you. I don't give a damn what you think of me and I couldn't care less who the hell you think you are. You just slapped the son of the man 3rd in line to the throne. You are a common street urchin. I don't care what the exam said. If i here a word from you at the start of the semester, you'll pay. Understand boy? he had barked.

Lee had nodded numbly, awestruck by what had happened. He had briefly considered striking the man back, but the teacher was large and very broad. He had heard rumours that the man had served in the U.S Marines.

A knock on the door promptly brought him back to reality. He was still shirtless but hadn't had a chance to unpack, so answered anyway. At the door was Mr Daniels, the Head of Year, and his assistant, Miss Stewart. He was mildly amused to notice the glance that Miss Stewart had given him. She was pretty hot. Blonde, slender, striking blue eyes, he liked what he saw too. Mr Daniels' loud bark wiped the smirk from his face.

'Come and see me tomorrow. We need to have a meeting to discuss the coming year. Miss Stewart has been tasked with keeping an eye on you as you've been categorized as a potential risk. We will talk more in the morning. 7am sharp. My office. That will be all.' he said.

As the door closed, Lee frowned. Though the prospect of being monitored by Miss Stewart was appealing, he wasn't happy at being categorized as a risk. Daniels pissed him off. Another crack of thunder sounded, making Lee jump.

He sighed. Things weren't looking good.

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 2: The Office

Lee stood outside the door to Mr Daniels' office. He knocked once, before being beckoned in by the teacher.

"Sit." spat the teacher, gesturing at the chair opposite him. As Lee sat down, he noticed the rather large folder on Mr Daniels' desk. He grimaced. He had wondered when his past record would get brought up.

" Now. Let me just state it so there isn't any doubt. You are scum and I do not want your kind in this school." he stated, levelly. Lee was about to argue, but the teacher pressed on.

"By that, I mean I do not approve of criminals and mixing with the leaders of the next generation. I've read your record. You've been expelled three times from different schools. Two of those expulsions were as a result of serious assaults on fellow pupils, whilst the other was for inciting a near riot during a school football match. You have been arrested twice for assault and have served 100 hours of community service, as well as a brief term at youth offenders. Despite all of this, you were still, somehow, accepted into this elite Academy. What I want to know is, why. Why were you accepted?"

"Well sir, cuz I'm a genius. Since you have my records, you can see exactly that." smiled Lee.

Mr Daniels' paused for a moment, picking up the sheet with Lee's entrance exam results. He barely looked at it though, as he, along with most of the stuff, had memorised his score.

" Yes. 98.7%. The highest mark ever recorded in the exam. The person who came second got 87.2%. He got nearly full marks on the hardest public exams when he was younger, and attended the top private schools throughout his life. You. Well I've said enough about your past. Am I supposed to believe that someone like you achieved such an amazing score on perhaps the hardest exam in the country?" he asked, eyebrow raised.

Lee's eyes narrowed.

" Just what are you trying to say?" he muttered.

His teacher leaned over the desk.

"You cheated. It's in your character. I don't know how, but that's what you did." he hissed. Lee glowered.

"I did not-

"Just shut your damn mouth!" roared the teacher. Lee jumped to his feet. His eyes were narrowed, his hands balled into a fist. Mr Daniels' involuntarily flinched, the frankly threatening aura Lee had, stunned him. However, he quickly regained his composure.

"Oh is the thug gonna attack his teacher?" he mocked. Lee took a step forward.

"You ba-

Suddenly, the door flung open. Miss Stewart entered.

"Lee." she said calmly. "That's enough, relax."

Lee was still tense, his body taunt. However, he nodded at Miss Stewart and took a deep breath, before stepping back. Mr Daniels grinned, sensing an opportunity to gloat.

"Well, well-

"Sir. That's enough." interjected Miss Stewart, shooting him a stern glance. Mr Daniels frowned. He was a tall man, well built and stocky. Although there was some more fat around his midriff as a result of his advancing years, he was still in decent shape. Being a former military man, he was also a stickler for discipline, and so didn't take kindly to Miss Stewart's tone. He reflected for a moment, before dismissing Lee and the assistant with a wave of his hand.

"Get him out of my face. Listen to Miss Stewart, she'll help you out you little shit."

Lee didn't need a second invitation, pushing past Miss Stewart and exiting the office. She quickly followed.

Out in the corridor, Lee cursed. He was angry, very angry and wanted to vent his frustration. Miss Stewart placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Relax Lee. He's a bloody fool, into the whole military command thing. Just forget it"

"Does everyone think it?" he murmured.

"Think what?" she replied.

"That I cheated," he spat. She looked at him for a moment, before breaking into a grin. He looked at her questioningly.

"Yep, they all think you did," she smiled. He punched the nearby wall and cursed. The pain shot through his knuckles. Miss Stewart gasped and took his hand in hers, stroking the knuckle. Lee noticed they were standing quite close to each other. She smiled up at him.

"You know, for a genius, that was a pretty dumb move," she teased him, smiling again. This time, Lee broke into a smile, the tension fading from his features. Miss Stewart was pretty cute, he felt himself liking her.

"I know Miss, guess I'm not thinking straight right now," he grinned, the easy confidence returning to him. Miss Stewart smiled, releasing his hand.

"I see someone's perked up. Follow me Mr Carter," she said, turning briskly on heel and walking away. As Lee made to follow, she stopped to glance back at him.

"Oh and when we're alone, you can call me Grace," she winked, turning away. Lee grinned broadly as he followed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...