Jumbofiles issues. I think.

CardGames

The thread was deleted because of what happened so I'm making it again.

Jumbofiles downloads aren't going very fast for me. I'm only getting around 100-300 kbps like rapidshare used to give me before they went down to 30 kbps.

Any idea when this issue is going to be fixed?

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

P.S.: In the previous thread, it became known that this is not an issue on my end, as it is occurring with everyone.

Yeah some of their servers are really slow lately, especially servers in the 150s. They are terrible for uploading and downloading. Servers below 50 and above 200 are the fastest for me. I might switch to DDLAnime for my uploads in the future if this continues to be a problem.

Honestly its probably because so many people are using them. They only have so much bandwidth, and after they got a reputation of being good then everyone started to use it, and it becomes bogged down. Same thing happened to rapidshare. I would say either to just leave your downloads running if possible, or run during the happy hours when less people use filelockers

@lemmingllama: The same thing didn't happen with rapidshare, rapidshare is rich, and has enough bandwidth to support good download speeds for free & premium users..

The 30kb/s is a money grab really. They say it's to discourage piracy but meh, we all know that's not true.

Regarding jumbofiles: had a feeling this would happen... Offering uncapped download speeds and multiple connections is pretty unsustainable for a file host.

ifile is still good and has been around for a while, but i have a feeling it will also suffer the same fate.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

@lemmingllama: The same thing didn't happen with rapidshare, rapidshare is rich, and has enough bandwidth to support good download speeds for free & premium users..

The 30kb/s is a money grab really. They say it's to discourage piracy but meh, we all know that's not true.

Regarding jumbofiles: had a feeling this would happen... Offering uncapped download speeds and multiple connections is pretty unsustainable for a file host.

ifile is still good and has been around for a while, but i have a feeling it will also suffer the same fate.

Sure it is a money grab, but if you noticed then for a while it was the best host. So a lot of people were using it and yes their servers did start to slow, downloads werent as fast after the piles of people began to use them. So now they get money and limit the amount of server usage in one move.

Jumbofiles mentioned last month that they were in the process of upgrading their servers quote from Jumbofiles "we plan to double the number of servers and bandwidth by the end of March 2012. Our technical team has finished building a large batch of new servers, they are currently being stress tested and should be ready in 3 days. Download speeds should increase a lot for everyone after this initial infrastructure upgrade is completed. We will still keep adding new servers and capacity every week to reach our goal to double capacity by next month."

Yeah id say to try and avoid this problem we might ease up on the Jumbofile uploads and try another host. Some of the time I get good speeds from JF such as 600kb/s+ and then I get the files that do a max speed of 10kb/s, I have one of those now....

Yeah while Jumbofiles is the only host to allow parallel downloads the download spees really are bad sometimes, especially at peak hours. Try downloading at odd hours it usually works soo much better.

I'm probably going to move to DDLAnime, the only thing that worrys me is that it'll probably be taken down soon seeing how explicit it is in piracy.

Edit : oh well I just tried remote uploading from jumbofiles to DDLAnime and it works perfectly so I'll be uploading to both (It was hella fast too 30mbytes/s).

For JumboFiles, it seems files uploaded before they began adding new servers are pretty slow (newer uploaded files generally are faster, with the occasional slow dl).

Hmm... JumboFiles just stated this today > "We have scheduled another massive infrastructure upgrade in the next few days, download speeds should improve a lot for all our users once this is completed."

Speedyshare is pretty good download speed wise too.

The only problem is that the downloads are removed for inactivity? I think?

That's what I've heard anyway but I wouldn't know because I didn't try uploading something there.

SpeedyShare is OK. Only problems are files are deleted after 30 days of inactivity, and it seems files are restricted to premium-only after a certain amount of dls (about 23, but my files that have hit that number can be downloaded regularly again now, so maybe they got rid of limited dls).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...