23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the fastest among them?

• Minato(Naruto Shippuuden)
    • Naruto(Naruto Shippuuden)
    • Ichigo(Bleach)
    • Flash(Justice League)
    • Superman(Justice League)
    • Goku(Dragon Ball Z)

Once again I refer to early DBZ when Piccolo says Raditz moves faster than the speed of light. This is without instant transmission.

If speed is all it takes to go back in time, as shown in DC comics, and Star Trek 4: The Voyage home, then Goku could have traveled back in time before he even returned to earth in episode 28 of DBZ. Unfortunately, we don't know if the faster than light = time travel theory is true, because we have nothing capable of even matching the speed of light, except of course, light.

Once again I refer to early DBZ when Piccolo says Raditz moves faster than the speed of light. This is without instant transmission.

If speed is all it takes to go back in time, as shown in DC comics, and Star Trek 4: The Voyage home, then Goku could have traveled back in time before he even returned to earth in episode 28 of DBZ. Unfortunately, we don't know if the faster than light = time travel theory is true, because we have nothing capable of even matching the speed of light, except of course, light.

No, actually if you see the latest research then you would see that neutrino particles are faster than the speed of light. But, let's not bring science in this discussion about superpowers.

Anyways, I agree with your logic. In order to test their speeds, we must bring them together either in the DC or DBZ universe. In the DC universe, both could travel time and in DBZ universe, none could do that. So, we should omit this time travel from our equation.

However, Instant transmission counts coz Goku can perform it anywhere. So, in any way u look at it, Goku is the fastest.

No, actually if you see the latest research then you would see that neutrino particles are faster than the speed of light. But, let's not bring science in this discussion about superpowers.

Anyways, I agree with your logic. In order to test their speeds, we must bring them together either in the DC or DBZ universe. In the DC universe, both could travel time and in DBZ universe, none could do that. So, we should omit this time travel from our equation.

However, Instant transmission counts coz Goku can perform it anywhere. So, in any way u look at it, Goku is the fastest.

No, actually if you see the latest research then you would see that neutrino particles are faster than the speed of light.

It seems u are not aware of latest developments. CERN ran tests regarding the neutrino particles in order verify if their velocity was more than light's. The result was negative. Further investigation showed flaw with the the initial experiment. Light is still the fastest.

Anyway enough with this Science talk. Goku is definitely the fastest as he can travel 2000 times faster than the speed of light.

It seems u are not aware of latest developments. CERN ran tests regarding the neutrino particles in order verify if their velocity was more than light's. The result was negative. Further investigation showed flaw with the the initial experiment. Light is still the fastest.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I've been into so much Anime and Games this past month that I hardly searched about science stuff.

• 6 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Instant Transmission really shouldn't count as it isn't actual movement, it's literally just disappearing and reappearing. It shares more in common with the idea of folding space to reach far away places than it does with actually moving fast.

It's actually really simple if you look at the characters and who they're supposed to be.

Flash is the fastest man alive. There's no debating it. In any situation where Flash (at least Barry) comes up against a humanoid who is faster than he is, Flash will always find a way of outrunning them in the end. He is the Fastest Man Alive, end story. That's the entire essence of his character.

...but he isn't the fastest thing alive.