Victorique%2Band%2BKujo%2Bon%2Btrain.png

Alternate Titles:

GOSICK, -ゴシック-, GOSICK, -Goshikku-

Type: TV

Episodes: 24

Aired: January 7, 2011 – July 2, 2011

Studio: Bones

Genres: Mystery, Romance, Comedy, Action, Detective.

Rating: Teen.

Plot and Settings:

Gosick takes place in 1924 in a small, French-speaking fictional European country, which stretches in a strip from Switzerland, through the alps between France and Italy, to the Mediterranean Sea. The country is called "Sauville" in the English translation of the light novels; it is called "Saubure" in the anime adaption. The story centers on Kazuya Kujo, the third son of a high ranking officer of Japanese Imperial Army, who is a transfer student to St. Marguerite Academy, where urban legends and horror stories are all the rage. There he meets Victorique, a mysterious yet beautiful and brilliant girl who never comes to class and spends her days reading the entire content of the library or solving mysteries that even detectives can't solve. The series mostly focuses on Kazuya and Victorique getting involved in different mystery cases and their struggle to solve them, at the same time forming important bonds with different people.

Above information source: Wikipedia.

Image Credits: Google Images.

My Review:

Well according to me this anime is a must watch. Here are the reasons why:

1) Good story development. The story starts off in a very typical way. Guy meets mysterious girl that has super human abilities and such (not to forget the main female character Victorique is a drop dead beauty). I am not going to be specific as to what happens during the anime. You should find out yourself (and be surprised by the anime not me). The story will progress gradually and it will seem a bit slow at first but it will slowly pick up pace.

2) Character depth is fairly good. There are descriptions for almost each and every character in quite a bit of detail (well, at least I think so). You will not end up guessing what the background story for each character is. The anime will gradually give you more in-depth information about the characters as the anime progresses. Each and every 'case' in the anime will be quite thoroughly descriptive about what is going on. I will say this again, please give the anime some time and you will eventually begin to understand where everything is going.

3) Knowledgeable. You will see quite a few nifty tricks, schemes and techniques that will be used and described (even if in brief). Some of the stuff that is used to solve the cases and also tricks that Victorique breaks down and demonstrates will surely amaze you, considering the date that the anime takes place in it is really quite something to admire (I like stuff like that and it really appealed to me, so yeah).

4) Romance. Yep this anime has some of it. It is not very visible at first but as the story progresses you will see the bonds that form between characters and also old ties between them. By the end (if you get to it that is) you will really grow attached to the characters in the anime (I have and I am pretty sure many people will as well).

5) Various side-stories. This is not a bad thing. Do not think of them as fillers (PLEASE!). Every single thing that happens in the anime gives the main plot more meaning. Have some patience and watch all of it and you will not regret it.

6) Good Music. Music is quite important for me in an anime. Something I think everybody would be glad to hear about is that Gosick has great music! I really mean it. The OP and ED themes are all wonderful. Even the music in the anime is fantastic! It really sets the mood and is one of those things that seem insignificant but really add to an anime's overall enjoyability.

That is my review for Gosick. This is my first review and I might edit it later if I think it is necessary.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

• 10 months later...