The greatest Ninja/Samurai Anime

jane347

The best samurai/ninja animes to me are:

Rurouni Kenshin

Afro Samurai

Samurai Champloo

Samurai Jack (Some people consider this a cartoon, but i see it on anime sites so its anime to me.)

Naruto (I dont really like the series but many people do.)

Samurai X

Samurai 7

I dont know many ninja animes other that naruto.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure on whats the greatest ninja or samurai anime series? To be honest I don't think its been made yet. Baslisk was awesome, But what makes this genre great are the fight scenes like I just watch Bleach ep.252 the fight scene was awesome, you should check it out. When anime productions company's draw fights scenes the real good ones are the close up depictions scaled in Hi-detailed art drawing of the characters motions that are made to seem moving in real time. Those fight scene make the anime great and epic, but does take longer time to create that so that why you dont see many like that. If they made a series with all the fight scene depicted that way. That would be the greatest!

Greatest samurai anime for me at the moment would either be Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal or Samurai Champloo. Great stories, great action scenes, and both well animated.

As for ninja anime, unsure at the moment cos I'm sure there are better ninja anime than Naruto. I heard Basilisk was good though so might check it out one day. If Katanagatari goes under ninja anime then I think Katanagatari would probably be the best ninja anime I've seen so far or remember of at the moment.