Final Fantasy 13-2 Discussion

Myrodis19

Since it seems that there are no other threads on this subject, only a few about the demo and since the game was released last week i figured i would make a thread so we all could discuss the game and all its glory. Post whether you like it, love it, or hate it. Also to make the discsussion greater please do go into a little detail on why you think what you think of the game.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the game on release date with a pre-order of the Collector's Edition that NA got. So far, the game is quite addicting, especially with all of the side quests that can be done before advancing the plot. The monster taming and leveling up is pretty interesting with some unique monsters, as well. The time travel makes it so you can visit areas in certain places that weren't accessible in other periods. There are only 2 characters, but with the DLC coming this Tuesday, you will be able to recruit both Lightning and Captain Amodar, though they are counted as monsters. For those that don't know Captain Amodar, he was Lightning's boss in the Guardian Corps, basically. There will also be new DLC episodes for the characters of XIII, including back-story, among other things, and possibly even making a more conclusive ending. For those that thought there was going to be a Final Fantasy XIII-3, it is now confirmed that the "To Be Continued..." in the ending was just put in there due to the Paradox endings and the DLC Character Episodes that are currently under devleopment. Here is the source on that: http://andriasang.com/comzvb/ffxiii2_tbc/

For those that thought there was going to be a Final Fantasy XIII-3, it is now confirmed that the "To Be Continued..." in the ending was just put in there due to the Paradox endings and the DLC Character Episodes that are currently under devleopment.

Then explain why Square-Enix copyrighted the name and even bought a domain for FFXIII-3.

Then explain why Square-Enix copyrighted the name and even bought a domain for FFXIII-3.

That has also been explained. It was a precaution that not even Square Enix Japan was aware of. It was bought by Square Enix in North America.

Sources:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/328337/final-fantasy-xiii-3-domain-is-just-in-case/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-05-square-enix-declares-final-fantasy-13-3-domain-a-precaution

Also, those were announced back in December 2011. The new link I posted to was done on Feb 5, 2012..

Im really enjoying it so far. They could have explaned the monster paragram system better in game but thats okay. And the Hands of Time are evil at first lol.

yes. The Hands of Time are awful, though there is a tool available on the internet that can solve it for you.

I really hope there is no XIII-3 I want versus nao

It has already benn 100% confirmed by the creator that there will be no FFXIII-3. For the To Be Continued, it refers to the Paradox Endings, and the future DLC. If anything else is made, it will be in a form of media other than a full new game, that means whatever isn't released as DLC will be something like a book or something, but not a game.

I hope the dlc's clear things up a bit, ending left a lot to be desired for me

Well the first one, at least is going to just be side-story about Sazh and his predicament at Serendipity with 2 table games opening up in the Hall of Gaming with the slot machines. Hopefully the next one, which should hopefully be Lightning's provides more answers to the questions at the end of the game.

EDIT: The Sazh DLC comes out on February 28, in America at least.

I am still questioning if I should get XIII-2 because XIII was a pain to play with, how hard they made it to collect GIL and Upgrade your weapons and Accessories. Can Someone tell me if they at least changed that in the new game?

That has been completed changed. Gil you get from every encounter. Your weapons don't upgrade actually upgrade, but with the right materials, you can upgrade accessories.

The music in the game is SO AWESOME but I want to loop them and make them longer. I've already "obtained" the soundtrack but the soundtrack stuff is so hard to loop because the soundtrack versions go straight into the aggressive mixes for the area themes.

Can someone help me out here? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

The music in the game is SO AWESOME but I want to loop them and make them longer. I've already "obtained" the soundtrack but the soundtrack stuff is so hard to loop because the soundtrack versions go straight into the aggressive mixes for the area themes.

Can someone help me out here? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

You would be better off trying to use an audio editor, like Audacity and see if you can do what you want with that. The way you make it sound though, it seems you have the soundtrack but it goes straight into the aggressive mix. That shouldn't happen since they are two completely separate tracks for each song on the OST discs.

You would be better off trying to use an audio editor, like Audacity and see if you can do what you want with that. The way you make it sound though, it seems you have the soundtrack but it goes straight into the aggressive mix. That shouldn't happen since they are two completely separate tracks for each song on the OST discs.

They are but the Eclipse separate track goes into the aggressive mix near the end of the track. Same thing with New Bodhum theme.