What if their was no Entertainment?

Monad-Gnostis

At first there would be boredom, then a change would occur, people would most likely adapt, and go outside. and talk amongst the people around them, also read about what going on. Not to say that doesn't happen in today's society, but you see most people on their phones or computers chatting with people from across the world than the people right next them. I kind of chuckle when I see someone purchasing an item from the grocery store, talking to the cashier, having a decent conversation but after finishing going straight to their phone like they haven't used it in 2 years. But maybe I'm just a bit harsh on the matter at hand.

I my self tried to live without electronics It's pretty hard, cause I'm a shut-in that doesn't go out too much..... Drawing( I'm a hypocrite, Yes x3). If technology wasn't around I would draw continuously through out the day.

Possibly once I get my own place I'll be able to do that and focus all my attention on drawing.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

No entertainment as in no media? or just nothing at all to entertain ourselves with?

The first one is pretty simple, since humanity has come a long way without it already. The latter probably isn't possible, people can find entertainment in almost anything, but if it were I think we'd have more wars and less people being able to bond and get along over shared interests. We'd probably be a more advanced civilization but it would be cold and sterile, without people who find entertainment in there work we'd have a lot less creative discoveries.

On 2/3/2012 at 3:35 AM, Monad-Gnostis said:

Ok, if their was no Entertainment I'm pretty sure their wouldn't be tv's or even music.... or anything. O_O This is about what you think if we had no Entertainment, discuss where we would be right now if we werent distracted by a television set or computer.

People would have a lot of babies

2 minutes ago, olympustenay said:

so you would be amish if there was no entertainment?

Not really, I can't agree with their religious views, but as far as growing beards and good craftsmanship sure. I was about to say that they are a good example of a culture without entertainment but that actually isn't true, since they read a lot and still enjoy other forms of entertainment, they just can't own it if it's electronic.

Maybe the closest we can get is tribal cultures to what it may really be like.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thefarmboy said:

Not really, I can't agree with their religious views, but as far as growing beards and good craftsmanship sure. I was about to say that they are a good example of a culture without entertainment but that actually isn't true, since they read a lot and still enjoy other forms of entertainment, they just can't own it if it's electronic.

Maybe the closest we can get is tribal cultures to what it may really be like.

I say people would invent more board games and the like