Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games Trilogy

rebelkid24

I'm looking forward for March next year, cause this movie be out! It looks really interesting. Altho i never read the book before. Heh. Kind of off topic but the new Snow White trailer looks really awsome as well! Can't wait :D

People might hate it because of the person who is acting as "Snow white" xD

Here is a trailer of snow white

I'm looking forward for March next year, cause this movie be out! It looks really interesting. Altho i never read the book before. Heh. Kind of off topic but the new Snow White trailer looks really awsome as well! Can't wait :D

People might hate it because of the person who is acting as "Snow white" xD

Here is a trailer of snow white

I would definitely suggest reading the books first, they are amazing. I could go on for hours about it. As for the snow white trailer, it looks okay, except for the person playing snow white of course haha

I had never heard of this before. It looks good. Is it a book series ?

yes, there is a series of three books written by Suzanne Collins, and at first glance, they look childish. They look like they could be around a sixth grade reading level. However, my brother, who was in sixth grade at the time, suggested them to me, and to get him off my back, I read the series. After the first page, I was hooked. No joke. They are incredible and very thought provoking, I couldn't sleep for a few days after finishing each book because I would just think. It really shook me up. But it is a really incredible series and I would definitely suggest it if you are looking for a good read :)

I prolly would do that since it be long till the movie comes out. Might just do that over Winter break :D

Hope you do, let me know what you think :)

sixth grade? they're definitely for young adults lol

great series, one of my all time faves and I cannot wait for the movie, the trailer looks great. What I'm really happy about is that they seem to be taking it very seriously and are not making every character gorgeous. People have called it the next twilight but many critics have commented that it has the potential to be very good unlike twilight which was just popular and was panned by many literary observers. I hope they do the books justice, I really do.

sixth grade? they're definitely for young adults lol

great series, one of my all time faves and I cannot wait for the movie, the trailer looks great. What I'm really happy about is that they seem to be taking it very seriously and are not making every character gorgeous. People have called it the next twilight but many critics have commented that it has the potential to be very good unlike twilight which was just popular and was panned by many literary observers. I hope they do the books justice, I really do.

I know they are for young adults, but some people seem to be put off by how small the books are. However, if they actually took the time to read them, they would realize how wrong they are. And I agree with you; I hope everyone involved in making the movies do the books justice and take it seriously. It does have the potential to be an awesome movie. There are some things I'm nervous about. The trailer didn't show too much, but I'm nervous about the chemistry between Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth. It was important in the books, because Gale was the only one Katniss was truly comfortable with. Also, I'm mad that they didn't put the character Madge in the movie. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. This is going to be a long three months haha.

What I'm really happy about is that they seem to be taking it very seriously and are not making every character gorgeous.

Well, that's part of the problem in my opinion. Cinna was described as being a very good looking person. Nothing against Lenny, he isn't an ugly man, but I personally don't consider him to be a good choice for playing Cinna. I'm kind of half and half on the trailer. It doesn't look too bad, but it doesn't look very good either. I think a few of the characters' roles were given to the wrong actors, but that's just my opinion. I'm going to go into this movie with very low expectations, that way I won't be very disappointed if it's bad and I'll love it if it's good. Maybe I'll re-read the books before the first movie is out.

Either way, I will probably hate this series by the time the movies are done.. Why? New fans ruin everything. It always happens.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised no one has commented on this.

First, I would like to note that I read all three books in the space of two or three days. They were a delightful read to inhale, and I definitely had to take a couple breaks because it was starting to exhaust me emotionally. After reading them, I immediately started devouring everything Hunger Games related I could find and was pleased to hear a movie was coming out. More fiction with strong, feminine female leads is certainly a welcome change in my eyes. And then it left my mind.

I've never heard the song, but listening to it now as I'm typing, I certainly like it. The Civil Wars are wonderful, and the song is certainly sweet. I am definitely looking forward to the movie.

I loved the books and will withhold any criticism of the movie until I see it. Everyone has different images of the characters in their head while reading (for example, the Gale in my head was not nearly as good-looking as the actor portraying him), so it's impossible to appease all of the viewers. Lenny as Cinna is... unexpected, but somehow fitting, I think. There are a lot of people willing to throw their panties at Lenny, haha.

The movie is something I'm looking forward to, though, even if it's not entirely faithful to the books. I tend to view movies based on books to be just that--based on them. They're two different forms of media and will have different outcomes. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the author of Fight Club said the movie better represented his story than the book, but don't hold me to that.

Also, on a note unrelated to the movie... Spoilers ahead pertaining to the third book.

I thought it was interesting how many people hated the ending to the third book and thought Katniss's descent into madness and depression was awful. As someone in the military, who has had the military be a part of her entire life, one simply cannot see and experience the things she did without consequence.

There's a reason PTSD is such a huge issue and why branches take so much time and care to offer services to veterans and service members. There's a reason why we get so much pre-deployment training, not only for the person deploying, but even for the families being left behind.

The ending was sad, yes. I wanted it to end better, yes. It left me feeling disappointed and upset, yes. I wanted so bad for Katniss and Peeta to reconcile better than they did, but the fact remains they are both so incredibly scarred by what had happened to them and no one can blame them for that. They were young--they saw and did things no one at their age should ever have to deal with. In my eyes, it was probably the best ending that could have come of the whole thing.

So, I thought the ending was fairly realistic. A little fantastic, maybe, but it is a work of fiction. Did you guys like the ending?

This looks awesome cant wait a lot of my friends are goin to the midnight showing for it when it comes out

I want to go to the midnight showing too, but I probably won't be able to because of my work/school schedule :(

I loved the books and will withhold any criticism of the movie until I see it. Everyone has different images of the characters in their head while reading (for example, the Gale in my head was not nearly as good-looking as the actor portraying him), so it's impossible to appease all of the viewers. Lenny as Cinna is... unexpected, but somehow fitting, I think. There are a lot of people willing to throw their panties at Lenny, haha.

The movie is something I'm looking forward to, though, even if it's not entirely faithful to the books. I tend to view movies based on books to be just that--based on them. They're two different forms of media and will have different outcomes. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the author of Fight Club said the movie better represented his story than the book, but don't hold me to that.

Also, on a note unrelated to the movie... Spoilers ahead pertaining to the third book.

I thought it was interesting how many people hated the ending to the third book and thought Katniss's descent into madness and depression was awful. As someone in the military, who has had the military be a part of her entire life, one simply cannot see and experience the things she did without consequence.

There's a reason PTSD is such a huge issue and why branches take so much time and care to offer services to veterans and service members. There's a reason why we get so much pre-deployment training, not only for the person deploying, but even for the families being left behind.

The ending was sad, yes. I wanted it to end better, yes. It left me feeling disappointed and upset, yes. I wanted so bad for Katniss and Peeta to reconcile better than they did, but the fact remains they are both so incredibly scarred by what had happened to them and no one can blame them for that. They were young--they saw and did things no one at their age should ever have to deal with. In my eyes, it was probably the best ending that could have come of the whole thing.

So, I thought the ending was fairly realistic. A little fantastic, maybe, but it is a work of fiction. Did you guys like the ending?

I agree, I think it showed a realistic side of how war affects soldiers and how much a person can lose during rebellion/war. Most books glorify war and rebellion, and while they can sometimes be good things, it is nothing to be glorified. Innocent victims are killed/wounded and lose the people they love. I liked the ending.

I'm surprised no one has commented on this.

First, I would like to note that I read all three books in the space of two or three days. They were a delightful read to inhale, and I definitely had to take a couple breaks because it was starting to exhaust me emotionally. After reading them, I immediately started devouring everything Hunger Games related I could find and was pleased to hear a movie was coming out. More fiction with strong, feminine female leads is certainly a welcome change in my eyes. And then it left my mind.

I've never heard the song, but listening to it now as I'm typing, I certainly like it. The Civil Wars are wonderful, and the song is certainly sweet. I am definitely looking forward to the movie.

I was the same way. After I finished each book I was scarred. It was constantly on my mind for a long time, and the horror of what was happening went through me. My brother had ruined the big parts of the books for me, but I was still mad when I read them. Anyway, I can honestly say, the Hunger Games is one of my favorite book series of all time. I was initially nervous to hear that Taylor Swift was doing the soundtrack, but after I heard the song, I had no doubt in my mind that she would do the setting justice.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone read these books yet? I for one am a big fan of them. The trilogy currently consists of three books:

The Hunger Games

Catching Fire

Mockingjay

It follows the story of 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen and her struggles when she competes in The Hunger Games.

I'm really interested in these books, and am reading the Ebooks at the moment. I would much love to discuss the series with other people so feel free to discuss! :D