Best anime list site

McLEMUR

Well, here comes another question about organization your anime. And the question is....

Which is the best way to store information about watched anime, anime you currently watching and about anime you want to watch. Currently I'm using Excel spread sheet, but it is very messy. :beat_brick:

I used anime list from AnimeNewsNetwork but i want satisfied with what they provided. So I'm open to suggestions. Doesn't mater if its a program or a website(but if it is a website add a few words about it).

Thank you for your help!

I was using Microsoft Access for about a month until I found out about MyAnimeList (MAL) which is amazing since it has a massive encyclopedia of anime and manga, I haven't found an anime that it doesn't have yet.

Here is a link: MyAnimeList

It has 5 list sections to store your anime:

• Watching: Where it displays the anime you are currently watching.
  • Completed: Where it list your the anime you have completed.
  • On-Hold: For any anime you have started but want to have a rest of for a bit.
  • Plan To Watch: Where you add anime that you wish to watch in the future.
  • Dropped: Any anime that you don't want to finish but have started can be put in this section.

For each anime you input into your list you can add extra information like:

• Episodes Watched: The number of anime you have watched of that series.
  • Your Score: Your score for that anime.
  • Tags: Tags for other people to search this anime.
  • Start Date & Finish Date: The date you started and finished the anime.
  • Priority: The priority of the watching the anime.
  • Storage: Where you store it and the size of the file.
  • Total Episodes Downloaded: The number of episodes you have downloaded of that series.
  • Total Times Re-watched Series: The number of times you have re-watched the series.
  • Re-watch Value: The chances of you re-watching the anime.
  • Comments: Anything Extras you want to add about the anime.

I've only had experience with this anime storing website but I haven't had to search for a new one so it ticks all my boxes.

Here is an example with my MAL account:

MAL: My Profile Page

MAL: My Anime List

Hope this helps =).

Wow, that is really really nice site, reminds me about facebook, I guess that would be all!

Thank you very much!

Please close this thread.

Just for an additional bit of info, there is a tool available for Windows that can connect to your MAL account and update it as you watch anime. It is also quicker and easier to add anime to your list with, also. It is called MAL Updater. It can be downloaded here: http://malupdater.com/index.php?go=download

There is a portable installer and a normal installer.

EDIT: After reading your other thread, I would like to point out that this program can also sort out the files on your computer as you watch them, as well, if you set it up to do so, with its File Processing plug-in.