Box Sets Or Singles?

Koga

Which do you prefer to buy now days. I prefer box sets honestly. Singles IMO costs too much for just 3-4 episodes. And you know that a box set will eventually come out and will be cheaper. I just got the Naruto Shippuden Box Set 1 and I got it for just $25. If I would have gotten the 3 singles instead, I would have had to pay $45 in total. (The prices are lower cuz I go to target.com, print out the page and take them to best Buy and have them match the price). Shippuden Box sets are coming out about 3 months apart it seems....with it coming 1 month right after the last single that will be in the set......yea....go viz >_>. I've always hated singles. But I know I've been spoiled but 20+ episodes box sets so even the Shippuden sets being 13 episodes a piece kinda makes me.......ECK! So how to you buy your anime....if you buy it all? Box Sets, or singles?

• 2 weeks later...

Box Sets for sure, and i really hate it when they give out half season box sets or not full box sets, like when i bought my bleach season 1 box set i was so excited then i found out that it only had 20 episodes, i'm pretty sure bleach has 26 episodes per season and on the box cover it said this box set has 5 more episodes! like it was proud to have 5 more eps what were they gonna release a 15 episode box set! i hate but it's a box set so i'll buy it, singles cost way too much

I have found that box sets are deffinately the way to go. Single cost too much for the amount of eps one gets and then there is the storage. OMG my bro Chaos92is more of a said collector than I am and he is constantly searching for better ways to store his series. Of late he has been buying box sets and giving me the old singles so now it is becoming my problem to find a place to put them all.

• 1 month later...

I like buying full size box sets, I don't like the thin pak sets thanks the the Excel Saga set that cut out all the extras and was Ep's only and it still costed me 60$.

The only time I buy singles nowadays is if I'm buying rare dvds like Serial Experiments Lain or Boogiepop Phanton...which I'm still working on getting x,x