Why do people like Sasuke so much ?

Swed420

I dont know I know where I live everyone hated naruto they thought he was stupid and dumb and there was so many hates on him. And everyone loved sasuke it angered me because naruto was so much of a better character! He never gave up. He had those awesome heart touching speeches and he also went through a hard past. I can relate to naruto in a lot of ways. He gave me hope when I was younger. I think everyone liked sasuke because he was the popular cool guy. But in truth he was a whiny kid who could do nothing on his own. He made very dumb mistakes and just went around in a circle. First hes good then hes bad then hes kinda good then goes bad again and now that he founds out the truth he thinks he can just turn around and be good again. Pick a side bro and stick to it. Itachi was the only kool Uchiha. He fooled everyone in the end. He was so bad that he was good. Thats the only way to go sasuke try doing that.

And everyone loved sasuke it angered me because naruto was so much of a better character! He never gave up.

LOL! looks like you a are a good guy lover and never like characters with depth storylines that happen to be anything like villains or anti hero's how cliche and.... ordinary of you :)

Yeah Itachi was awesome. He fooled everyone to the very end. He became bad to be a the better good. Itachi was probably the best character concept in Naruto. But I am getting offtopic. If you wanna talk about ordinary and cliche then people who like naruto or sasuke are that. Sasuke is the typical im going to be emo for the whole show and be powerful through darkness. And naruto is the better guy who turns pain into happiness and a brighter power. In anime there is a bunch of characters who display this. Cliche is not a bad thing but every character has that one trait that others dont. I think people dislike Naruto is because he chose the right path. The right way to do things. A lot of people who go through pain go down the wrong paths. And people tend to like others who do the same as them. Im not saying this is 100% true its just what I have seen and my opinion. 

Yeah Itachi was awesome. He fooled everyone to the very end. He became bad to be a the better good. Itachi was probably the best character concept in Naruto. But I am getting offtopic. If you wanna talk about ordinary and cliche then people who like naruto or sasuke are that. Sasuke is the typical im going to be emo for the whole show and be powerful through darkness. And naruto is the better guy who turns pain into happiness and a brighter power. In anime there is a bunch of characters who display this. Cliche is not a bad thing but every character has that one trait that others dont. I think people dislike Naruto is because he chose the right path. The right way to do things. A lot of people who go through pain go down the wrong paths. And people tend to like others who do the same as them. Im not saying this is 100% true its just what I have seen and my opinion. 

Yea i can see what you mean about that but i find it far more irritating listening to naruto cry about his problems compared to sasuke

Also what about people that have liked sasuke from the very beginning like myself i mean the kid wasn't born evil, he was like naruto but far more focused and intelligent (not to mention cooler and having far more interesting jutsu.)

unlike naruto spamming shadow clones and that's it.

Yea i can see what you mean about that but i find it far more irritating listening to naruto cry about his problems compared to sasuke

Also what about people that have liked sasuke from the very beginning like myself i mean the kid wasn't born evil, he was like naruto but far more focused and intelligent (not to mention cooler and having far more interesting jutsu.)

Naruto does not cry about his problems. Maybe here and there but naruto actually did something about it. Sasuke cried about being weak for like ever and got jellous of naruto and turned on him. What kind of person picks a fight over that? 

Also Sasuke could have never saved the village from Pein only naruto. And Naruto has other moves other then shadow clones. Sasuke was born with a gift. He got something so powerful that he can use so many jutsu. He has natural talent. Naruto had to train his butt everyday to become stronger. He also has other jutsus like rasengun, shadow clones, sexy jetsu, Raisen suriaken, Spirit beast tail bomb. Naruto is more of a up close attacker while sasuke is more on his fire ability.  

And naruto is cute when he is dumb thats why some people like him. He may be dumb and innocent but thats what makes him strong. He will never be clouded with Darkness. And thats what makes him strong. He has resolve sasuke has nothing anymore. He finds out he killed the only family who cared for him. And he finds out he got used by 2 people. At least Naruto does not get used lol. Sasuke is not as clever as he thinks he is. He made pretty stupid choices. Naruto may be dumb when it comes to women and tests and jetsu but he is a hard worker like Rock Lee. Except Lee is crazy. But anywhos.... Sasuke is liked by people who can relate to him I think or thinks hes "cool"

Naruto does not cry about his problems. Maybe here and there but naruto actually did something about it. Sasuke cried about being weak for like ever and got jellous of naruto and turned on him. What kind of person picks a fight over that? 

Also Sasuke could have never saved the village from Pein only naruto. And Naruto has other moves other then shadow clones. Sasuke was born with a gift. He got something so powerful that he can use so many jutsu. He has natural talent. Naruto had to train his butt everyday to become stronger. He also has other jutsus like rasengun, shadow clones, sexy jetsu, Raisen suriaken, Spirit beast tail bomb. Naruto is more of a up close attacker while sasuke is more on his fire ability.  

And naruto is cute when he is dumb thats why some people like him. He may be dumb and innocent but thats what makes him strong. He will never be clouded with Darkness. And thats what makes him strong. He has resolve sasuke has nothing anymore. He finds out he killed the only family who cared for him. And he finds out he got used by 2 people. At least Naruto does not get used lol. Sasuke is not as clever as he thinks he is. He made pretty stupid choices. Naruto may be dumb when it comes to women and tests and jetsu but he is a hard worker like Rock Lee. Except Lee is crazy. But anywhos.... Sasuke is liked by people who can relate to him I think or thinks hes "cool"

"Naruto does not cry about his problems"

HAHAHAHHAHAHA you should be a comedian i spilled my drink from laughter after reading this line let alone the whole paragraph.

1. sorry man but all of your argument went to hell after you wrote that, do you really want to link you specific pages or even chapters of naruto crying and complaining that his love for sakura goes unnoticed not to mention his gay love.

Also about the jealousy thing, the entire rivalry between sasuke and naruto is founded by naruto's jealousy(from the beginning) sasuke doesn't even acknowledge naruto for the majority of the series see sasuke vs gaara chunin exams and tell me who's jealousy is darker... Quote from shikamru.

2. Are you saying naruto wasn't born with any gifts or natural talent? Dude do some research on his lineage and family tree enough said.

3. Sasuke could never saved the village from pein? Really dude that is comical. (He wouldn't have made nagato restore the lives he took i admit this.)

4. When I was speaking of spamming shadow clones i meant pre time skip.

5. He may be dumb and innocent but thats what makes him strong. So being dumb makes you strong that's a new one  :misdoubt:

Being dumb and innocent doesn't make you strong see any dumb jonin or former kage around?? i didn't think so. He gets to invloved in others business he can never be a kage unlike gaara who is calm and colected who makes wise decisions, he knows when his input is needed. Naruto will put the village in danger by wanting to do everything himself

e.g. deidara vs naruto, kakashi      the failed mission when sai became a member of team 7: i don't think i even need to go into detail about this one.

6. Had he stayed in the village he wouldn't be as strong as he is, sasuke made the right choices for the goals he had. At least he has set goals/ long term goals he accomplishes unlike naruto.

7. when it comes to women... dude please sasuke doesn't give a shit what others think of him.

8. yea Lee is a retard but this is off topic lol

yep just re-read this i went too far, my bad didn't mean to offend anyone, if i did i apologize.

Edited by reptil3

I think you're being rather disrespectful in that last response.

Regardless of how frequently Naruto "cries about his problems"--if we're talking about pre-Shippuden, Naruto is 12-13 years old. He is not an adult. Expecting him to be mature at all times and never express himself is pretty cruel. Even if we talk about Shippuden, he's what? 15-16? Still not an adult. Still likely to act very immaturely and stupidly.

On that note, I don't think Luna meant to imply stupidity is a strength, but rather innocence, optimism (turning weakness and pain into something positive and powerful), and tenacity. Whether those things are stupid is subjective, as is their relative worth. Strength is subjective.

I also don't think she is saying there is anything wrong with liking Sasuke. She is expressing why she, personally, does not like Sasuke. At no point did I get the impression that people who like Sasuke are wrong or stupid.

What is the crime in liking Naruto over Sasuke? What's wrong with relating to Naruto? That's all subjective. There's nothing wrong with liking either of these characters as long as you acknowledge they are both flawed. These flaws add depth to the story and make it worth consuming--neither of them are perfect, neither of them the epitome of cool or mature, and that's great. That's how it should be.

ETA: And for what it's worth, I always preferred Sasuke over Naruto when I was reading the manga. I thought Naruto was exceedingly annoying.

I think you're being rather disrespectful in that last response.

Regardless of how frequently Naruto "cries about his problems"--if we're talking about pre-Shippuden, Naruto is 12-13 years old. He is not an adult. Expecting him to be mature at all times and never express himself is pretty cruel. Even if we talk about Shippuden, he's what? 15-16? Still not an adult. Still likely to act very immaturely and stupidly.

On that note, I don't think Luna meant to imply stupidity is a strength, but rather innocence, optimism (turning weakness and pain into something positive and powerful), and tenacity. Whether those things are stupid is subjective, as is their relative worth. Strength is subjective.

I also don't think she is saying there is anything wrong with liking Sasuke. She is expressing why she, personally, does not like Sasuke. At no point did I get the impression that people who like Sasuke are wrong or stupid.

What is the crime in liking Naruto over Sasuke? What's wrong with relating to Naruto? That's all subjective. There's nothing wrong with liking either of these characters as long as you acknowledge they are both flawed. These flaws add depth to the story and make it worth consuming--neither of them are perfect, neither of them the epitome of cool or mature, and that's great. That's how it should be.

ETA: And for what it's worth, I always preferred Sasuke over Naruto when I was reading the manga. I thought Naruto was exceedingly annoying.

You make some valid points and i don't "hate" naruto in fact i prefer him to other main characters of other shows. I think the arguemnt gets really one sided and there is a lot of hate towards sasuke by naruto fans that's unwarranted which really ticks me off

and yes a lot of my arguments were mainly about pre shippuden (where naruto was at his most annoying i didn't mention much post timeskip because he really isn't as bad just as you explained.

Sorry if i was being a douche

It's no problem. ouo It's okay to be passionate about the things you like. I like a rousing debate about a character as much as the next person, haha.

The way the thread is set up makes for a rather confrontational environment as it is, since the title implies there's something wrong with liking Sasuke. And the OP doesn't make it much better since they specifically frame it as a comparison between Sasuke and Naruto, which is polarising as you well know.

I suppose that's the trouble we run into with these old threads.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...