Favorite Starter Pokemon

Mr Wobwob

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go with Charmander. The first generation got me hooked on Pokemon, so I will always be fond of my favorite Pokemon from that generation. (Bonus for me, my favorite Pokemon is a starting Pokemon). In further generations, I always choose the fire type Pokemon.

The anime also helped with engraving 'char char' into my head.

In all honestly, in Red and Blue you're best option was Squirtle because you can't get any other water Pokemon at this point in the game. Level him a bit to learn a water-based attack. While in the forest hunt for a Pikachu and level him up enough to learn a thunder-based attack. Also catch a Rattata since he is one of the stronger beginning Pokemon you can find. You'll easily beat Brock with Squirtle. While in the cave on your way to Misty catch an Onyx or Geodude. Pikachu will easily own Misty, and against the third gym leader your Oynx or Geodude will own. From there you can pretty much safely do whatever you want fairly easy.