Possible Change, if visitors don't Contribute

Koby

It has come to my attention that hundreds of visitors are joining the forum just to see the Anime Downloads now that it has been made to where guests can no longer view them.

Unfortunately, everyone is just leeching the downloads, and are not contributing to the forum by posting around, or helping out.

The least you could do is at least post a "thank you" note to the uploader for taking their time and effort to upload and possibly even doing the encoding so that you can obtain and watch these wonderful downloads.

If people don't start contributing or at least giving a thank you post to uploaders for their work, I'm going to be forced to put a post limit on the download section to where you will not be able to view the downloads unless you make a certain amount of posts, maybe just in total, or it might be weekly or monthly. I haven't decided.

So please, I urge you to give thanks, and possibly even try to be an active member of the community. There is plenty to talk about, and you can even create new topics of discussion if you so wish.

I think this is a good idea, since I see alot of new members with no posts, and I go to the whos online list and they are just boom going to anime downloads.

Im happy some new members are enjoying the forums, making new friends and posting, thats all fine.

But just joining just to download, I dont think that should fly. Just like if you would to join nyaa, baka bt, or demonoid. If you just leeched and had a low ratio, you will be per. banned on the spot.

So I agree with Koby on this issue.

Unfortunately there is no option for just simply making it so a user must have x posts to view threads. What I'd have to do is create a new usergroup that normal members are promoted to after reaching x amount of posts.. in which the new usergroup can see the downloads and the original can't.

Unless I decide to go with a daily/weekly/monthly post count scheme in which I'm sure I could probably find a vB modification that would do the trick. xD

So far no one has sent a reply back about this... as I've also mass emailed everyone about this.

Yeah, I think it's a good move. Wish I had an idea to suggest, but I'm no good with this IT stuff. :( Koby seems to know how to handle it.

I really liked the 'new user' group idea at first, but then I thought that it might actually turn too many people away, because they can't be bothered trying to reach x amount of posts (especially if the amount is set too high). If they only had to post x amount per week/month, they might find that easier and, therefore, participate. Hey, after a while they might even find that they 'like' participating. That would be an ideal outcome.

Considering how many people are joining, it does seem a little quiet around here.

I agree with them leaving a thank you but let's not be to harsh to everyone some people are just to shy or they don't no what to say, but if we make it to hard people will just give up. Let's not go overboard people...but I will say

HEY MOPPETS POST SOMETHING

I Just Found Out That Over 450 Moppets Haven't Posted Anything What The Hell

they wont post you forget the hole concept of sharing yes i do agree most should at least

say thank you but that it is know demanded is a little conceded and will just drive most of us away so please think before you act and thank you for asking before doing

hey all,

just read this threead and thought id join up lol....

man i was really happy to come across this site :o

I prefer Eng Dubs .. was shocked to see that bleach was eng dubbed up to Grimmjow and Ichigos final battle. on this site. AWESOME SITE. You guys will be seeing alot of me lol... And i didnt know you could say thank you... i would love to say thanks to show my appreciation n stuf but i didnt know how to.... THANKS WHOEVER POSTED THE DVDRIP MU LINKS FOR DEATHNOTE (Y) i havent watched it yet but i wanna c wat all the hype is about.oh and FMA BROTHERHOOD THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!!!..awesome..its good to see ed and al agen....its bn so long ago since i saw nething of FMA

this is awesome.EXACTLY the site i been looking for,

it sure pays off having a MU Premium account

It has come to my attention that hundreds of visitors are joining the forum just to see the Anime Downloads now that it has been made to where guests can no longer view them.

Unfortunately, everyone is just leeching the downloads, and are not contributing to the forum by posting around, or helping out.

The least you could do is at least post a "thank you" note to the uploader for taking their time and effort to upload and possibly even doing the encoding so that you can obtain and watch these wonderful downloads.

If people don't start contributing or at least giving a thank you post to uploaders for their work, I'm going to be forced to put a post limit on the download section to where you will not be able to view the downloads unless you make a certain amount of posts, maybe just in total, or it might be weekly or monthly. I haven't decided.

So please, I urge you to give thanks, and possibly even try to be an active member of the community. There is plenty to talk about, and you can even create new topics of discussion if you so wish.

Hate to say it....but I told you that people would just join to see the downloads and not post or anything. Trust me....I've done it. lol