Firefox 3.6 is so damn Buggy.

Koby

Has anyone upgraded to the latest version of Firefox. It's 3.6

I have, and while some of the new features are nice, at least for some people. I don't particularly use them, but my mom and my sisters do, such as the Persona's.

However, ever since upgrading, Firefox has been acting pretty lame. It freezes up and crashes very often. Often times during just opening Firefox up. I have to end the process, re-open FF, and end the process again because it'll just hang. It also takes much longer to actually pull up after clicking the icon.

Then a lot of times when you right click for the context menu, it will freeze, take a lot of cpu, and display a transparent context menu with nothing on it for a second before finally displaying the context menu. Often times when opening a new tab Firefox will just freeze up and you either have to wait and hope it unfreezes or again, end the process.. and repeat till it finally loads.

This isn't just an issue of mine, cause it does the same on all 4 computers ran in our house (1 for my mom, 1 for my sis, 1 for my other sis, and 1 for me). I've also seen several people mention this same problem on Mozilla's community forum.

What was Mozilla's response? Simply deny there are any problems, or not even reply at all, and in all cases they close the thread.

Hell just typing this message, Firefox kept froze a couple times.

Hopefully Mozilla will finally admit there is a problem and fix it. I've never had problems with them in the past, and Firefox has always seem to work great... but 3.6 is just ridiculously buggy.

• 2 months later...

Well this topic was a little old. I forgot to mention that I fixed firefox for me. It wasn't actually Firefox that was the problem. It was Java.. or more specifically when Java updated it added an add-on for it on Firefox. If you disable it.. it stopped crashing as much.

i'm currently using safari and i've got no problems with it,

however google chrome doesn't work properly for me for some reason my downloads don't go past 120kb/sec even though i have a 8mb connection thats capable of doing 670k/sec on both safari and firefox, strange but i went off firefox a few months ago because it kept crashing on rlslog so i tried google chrome then safari and that works fine, never tried opera though.

It wasn't actually Firefox that was the problem. It was Java.. or more specifically when Java updated it added an add-on for it on Firefox. If you disable it.. it stopped crashing as much.

might try that and see if it works for rlslog.