Lilith

Talena Mae

The darkness is whispering. The woman dreaming spoke to herself, What are they saying... I can't understand... She slowly opened her green eyes and turning her head she felt the softness of a pillow. The room was dark and being unable to see she rolled onto her side realising the was on a soft bed. She groaned and the voices stopped momentarily before starting up once more.

This is nothing but a dream. The woman kept telling herself as she sat up on the bed. Strange, I have never had a dream like this before. I wonder what will happen.

A clocked figure stepped forward hand outstretched. The woman placed her hand in the person's and everything went black.

“You really think she is the one?” someone close to the bed asked his voice low.

“She is the one.” The man who offered his hand stated gently cradling her in his arms now. “I can smell it in her blood, she is the person we have waited for all these years. Princess Lilith has been found.”

What a very strange dream. Lilith commented silently to herself as she fell into a deeper sleep.

Lilith ran as fast as she could go, her heart pounding in her ears. If she did not make the train she would not make it to her job interview, reaching the platform she put on an extra burst of speed and managed to slip through the doors just before the closed. Grabbing the pole for support Lilith gasped for air, her lungs were burning as she tried to ignore the looks of the passengers in the cart.

Regaining her breath she straightened and deftly tied her long black hair into a braid that hung down to her thighs. Glancing the the window Lilith quickly adjusted her plain white blouse and made sure her skirt was still sitting right. Once everything was in order she looked around the carriage once more, only a few people were paying attention to her now and making eye contact she smiled before heading to an empty seat.

I don't need the money. She thought to her self as she looked out the window. I could live off my inheritance for the rest of my life if I wanted too, but I want to get out of the house. There is nothing to do there and having all the servants rushing over to me each time I stub my toe is getting extremely annoying. Oh look, the tunnel is coming up.

Lilith enjoyed the tunnel every time she caught the train, the sudden chill and the total darkness to her were thrilling. Her parents never understood the feeling so while they were alive they had insisted Lilith take the town car. The only thing one really needs to be weary of is perverts who will try and grope you in the darkness. Lilith said to herself focusing on the glass of the window.

The train driver never turned on the interior lights during the day, and a few times in the past she had to fight off an attacker. She was not the biggest breasted person in the carriage being only a B-cup, but in her glance around she was one of the youngest at twenty five. With a silent sigh she noticed four guys edging closer, three of the men looked like your average grab-a-woman-on-the-train-and feel-her-up type of people, but the forth was tall, much taller then her five foot two, and slender with short dark brown hair.

The train entered the tunnel plunging everything into darkness then all hell broke lose, someone touched her lower back and standing she delivered a round house kick, before someone else grabbed her arm. With a sharp twist of her arm she broke free and Donkey kicked her attacker, she could hear muffled grunts and yelps of pain as she stood at the ready waiting for another attack. The train left the tunnel and Lilith found herself nose to nose with the forth man, startled to see him that close she punched him in the jaw sending him back into the seats behind him.

“There was no call for that.” His velvet voice complained. “That is no way to treat someone who was helping.”

“There was a call for it.” Lilith replied heatedly, “How would you feel if it was me sticking my face right in front of yours?”

“I would be rather happy.” The man grinned then winced. “You have quite a right hook.”

“I try.” Lilith replied dryly as she looked at the men laid out on the floor. “You did that?”

He looked to where she gestured and shrugged his shoulders, “With your help, I doubt they will be bothering anyone else for quite some time now.”

Lilith sat down and gazed out the window once more turning in her seat to do so. Dark and heavy storm clouds were coming in quickly, as she watched a fork of lightning arched down hitting the ground in the distance. “It is going to be a big one.” she commented to herself

“Bigger then you know.” The man sat next to her his eyes locked on her face. “My name is Chamuel, my friends call me 'champ'. You are?”

Lilith looked at him, his jaw was red and swollen from her punch, but he had a slight smile on his face and his blue eyes were sparkling. “I'm Lilith, but most my friends call me 'Lilly', Thank you for your help.”

“You're welcome.” he gently rubbed his jaw before looking out the window. “Things sure have gotten interesting...”

“This stop is mine.” Lilith stood and made her way to the doors. “Nice to meet you.”

“I hope you do not get caught in the storm.” He replied raising his hand in farewell as she walked out the open door. “Because this one involves you.”

Lilith walked though her door as the sky opened up, it was hard to hear anything over the roar of the rain and the clash of thunder. Dumping her things in the entrance way she made her way up the sweeping staircase to the third floor and opened the door to her room. There was a blur of movement before Lilith was pushed to the floor. A large and heavy body lay on top of her, but Lilith felt no fear as she ran her hands though the soft fur and listened to Elita's loud purr whenever the tiger exhaled.

“Elita, did you miss me?” Lilith buried her face into the tiger's neck. “I missed you too.”

Faintly in her head Lilith kept hearing what she thought was Elita's voice. I love you mistress, I am always missing you when you go out, stay home so I can protect you. The voice had been getting louder and louder for the past few years, driving Lilith to think she was going crazy.

“Come with me, I need a bath and I will tell you about my day.” She gently pushed the cat and obediently Elita stood and turned leading the way into the bathroom. As the bath filled up with warm water Lilith spoke, she told the tiger all about the strange dream and what had happened that day. As she lay in the tub she finished, “I didn't get the job in the end, but I was thinking that is a good thing. With everything that has been happening today I think I need to get my head looked at.”

A loud crash came from her bedroom and hastily Lilith got out of the bath and wrapped a robe around herself as she walked into her room. The sight that greeted her looked to be from an old biblical tale of good verses evil. A man was on one knee his sward held up, his skin was tanned and short light brown hair had fallen over his face, from his back bat-like black wings were outstretched. He looked to be to slender to hold up the massive sword he was using. The second man had white bird-like wings gently flapping keeping him in place above the kneeling man, both faces were turned toward her, looking at her in shock. Lilith stared back. The second man was from the train that very morning, Chamuel.

“What is going on here? Why are you in my house? Who are you? Why are you both fighting?” Lilith shot out one question after another at them as Elita pushed in front of her and hissed menacingly at the both of them.

The kneeling man gave a mighty heave that sounded like thunder echoing around the room, Chamuel was sent spinning away, with a loud crack his head hit the roof. “Princess, we have come to take you home.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Lilith backed away as he advanced on her, only stopping when her back hit the wall. She quickly cast a glance at Elita who was crouched in the staling position watching Chamuel.

The man slammed his hand into the wall forcing her attention back to him. “I am taking you home Princess.”

“Get away from me!” Lilith yelled and with both hands on his chest pushed him back, much to her shock he grabber her wrists and pulled her back with him. “Who the hell are you?!”

“Please my Lady, forgive me.” He said from under her as they lay on the floor. “I am Prince Ayperos, your intended husband.”

“Like hell you are let me go!” Lilith struggled against him and his arms wrapped tightly around her.

“Sorry Princess, but I can not. We have been waiting for you for a very long time, the daughter of a demon and a human to be born into the world. The powers you have locked in your body will be a great asset for us.”

Elita let out a snarl just before Lilith was pulled away from the man wearing all black and slung over the shoulder of Chamuel. “Now now Ayperos, You really think I will let you get away with her that easy?”

“Champ, put me down!” Lilith punched into his back as she kicked out with her legs. Unable to move him a thought struck her and grabbing a handful of his feathers pulled then out.

He yelped and grabbing her waist pushed her out to arms length before him. “That was not nice Lilly, why did you hurt me like that?”

“Because you both are not listening to me!” Lilith said fighting off tears.

Gently Chamuel tucked a hand behind her knees and cradled her close to his chest. “Sorry Lilly, but we both have no choice.”

“Champ..? Lilly...? When did you two become such good friends?” Ayperos stood glaring at the other man. “Release my wife-to-be before I chop off something you may need later, like your head.”

“You know you lied to her, why did you not tell her the truth?” Chamuel taunted. “Lilith, you are not the begotten of human-demon, you are actually angel-demon. The blood of nobles runs through your veins, nobles on both sides. You are also my intended.”

Lilith said nothing for a while processing the information she had just been told, this time her left fist connected with his jaw. Though it lacked the force of her right, it was still enough to make him release the grip he had on her. “Get out, the both of you. I do not want to hear your lies.”

“You don't believe your own eyes?” Ayperos asked flapping his wings slightly. Lilith looked from his wet form to Chamuel's and back. Ayperos took a step closer, “This storm in not a storm, it is a war we are fighting, we all are fighting over you.”

“I don't want a war over me, put a stop to it and leave me alone.” Lilith stated backing to the wall again and sliding down it. She hugged her knees and Elita walked over to stand in front of her growling softly.

“I can't do that Lilith, we need you.” Ayperos stopped, holding his hand out to her. “Please come with me.”

“Why should Lilly go with you? To see the delights of hell?” Chamuel asked as he walked over to stand beside Ayperos to offer his own hand.

Lilith stood her hands clenched into fists at her sides, “Get out, get out, get out, get out!” She yelled, something burst from her body she could feel something bending to her will before the darkness overcome her.

Outside in the dark and now silent night two figures floated in the sky, each looked worse for wear as he hung in the air. “Well that was something.” Chamuel stated wrinkling his nose at the smell of burnt feathers.

“She has put up a barrier around her home.” Ayperos stated as he touched it and quickly pulled his fingers back with a yelp. “I will not break though it.”

Chamuel nodded his agreement, “looks like your one step behind me brother.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well my demon friend, she knows me well, I helped her on the train.” Chamuel looked over at the other man. “You know, you are more handsome in this form then your other.”

“And you look like a really ugly girl with short hair.” Ayperos retorted vanishing.

“Teaches me for trying to be nice.”

Lilith woke to a phone ringing, locating it next to the bed she picked it up. “Hello?” She spoke as her eyes scanned the room, it was a guest bedroom located on the second floor of her home.

“Lilly, it's May. Are you still coming to the coffee shop at one?”

“Yeah, I will still be there. Who was coming again?” Lilith asked rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

“Well there was me, 'Seth and Able. Don't you remember? Able asked you out and you made it into a double date.”

“That's right, I did. Sorry May, I have had a lot happen yesterday, I will tell you about it when I see you.”

“Alright, we will meet up at twelve thirty, that gives us a chance to talk before the men get there.”

“Sure, I will see you then May.” Lilith hung up the phone and dragged her tired body out of bed. After a quick shower she headed down the stairs and into the dining room, Elita was in the corner eating her own food when Mary, one of the maids walked in. After guiding Lilith to the table and placing the food before her Mary turned to leave but Lilith stopped her.

“Mary, please call in come contractors to fix the roof in my room and get Adam to call in some more bodyguards, and a few more on the security team?”

“Yes my Lady.” Mary replied dipping a little curtsy before hurrying out of the room.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

• 2 months later...

Again nice story I enjoyed it though it's not complete but as usual I have some things to point out.

Around the time where Lilith punches Chamuel for the same time she says "I'm Lilith, but moth my friends call me 'Lilly',[...]". Shouldn't it be "most" ?

Just after that there is a "Thinks" that should be "Things".

Pretty much at the end of the story there is an "Able" instead of "Abel".

Also at the end of the story just after that : "Alright, we will meet up at twelve thirty, that gives us a chance to talk before the man get there." shouldn't it be "men" ?

And about the last narration part I think it would be better to put "After guiding Lilith to the table and placing the food before her Mary turned to leave but Lilith stopped her." instead of "After guiding Lilith to the table and placing the food before her Mary turned to leave but was stopped by Lilith.".

I think it would make it seem more direct and more apropriate for a narration/dialogue alternation.

Again nice story I enjoyed it though it's not complete but as usual I have some things to point out.

Around the time where Lilith punches Chamuel for the same time she says "I'm Lilith, but moth my friends call me 'Lilly',[...]". Shouldn't it be "most" ?

Just after that there is a "Thinks" that should be "Things".

Pretty much at the end of the story there is an "Able" instead of "Abel".

Also at the end of the story just after that : "Alright, we will meet up at twelve thirty, that gives us a chance to talk before the man get there." shouldn't it be "men" ?

And about the last narration part I think it would be better to put "After guiding Lilith to the table and placing the food before her Mary turned to leave but Lilith stopped her." instead of "After guiding Lilith to the table and placing the food before her Mary turned to leave but was stopped by Lilith.".

I think it would make it seem more direct and more apropriate for a narration/dialogue alternation.

Thank you muchly, changes have been made ^.^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Ooh, nice Mae! No-one seems to be commenting so I don't see why i shouldn't ;P

Love this, you written any more?

Thanks! I am glad you are enjoying my writing. Sadly no, I have not written any more of 'Lilith' as yet. My thoughts have been focused on 'Dragonling' and "Blood Shot Eyes' XD

Edited by Talena Mae

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...