writers

shyguysteve

again didn't see the thread like this but oh well. delete if there is a thread but tags didnt match my search.

latley my story pen has been un-used my friends are all making songs while i record my thoughts.

i've been turning what i see in to poetry pretty much but sometimes i'll spin them to be songs.

so if you've got a song then post here cause i think its awesome to see what songs average folks like me can create.

like this...

""why are all my people so inspired by their desires, it isnt right but it isnt wrong, so why are they all chasing what they wont have for long, items held in greedy hands will never hold anything beautiful, how can this be so bad, you only want the next new thing, but you will have to let go of what you worked for, youve only got 2 hands and nothing to reach for, minds so blind and it makes me sick, you all suffer form your wants you dont know what you need, this world just wont last, use what you know and not what you buy, lifes so short dont spend it wanting more then whats to offer, or you'll be screaming for nothing. and nothing is a gift dont mistake it, my love has become nothing and its for you.""

kinda old but yeah thats what i wrote.

i don't always finish what i write, i kinda leave them without an end but its something.

anyone else?

Edited by Emotional Outlet

thats pretty good,you seem to good with poems. do you write songs too?

hm...

posted this before but its what leads me into other songs.

give me a reason, for my being,

tell me the things, i should have listened,

take my shots at life, but i keep missin,

why does the wind, tell me different,

open the doors for a new generation,

our time is gone, but we keep on reaching,

welcome tomorrow when your still sleeping,

dreams are for people who arent seeing,

spread out your mind with the jaws of life,

throw up your hands to hold down strife,

speak to the wind, when it howls,

listen to the earth as it echos,

im just a man who doesnt follow,

but i can see you lead, the bright tomorrow,

witness the end of man kind,

how far we got, passed the line,

put down your heads and and pray for love,

dont look to the sky, for hands above,

keep your mind open through the lies,

this is the end for all man kind.

i rapped this to my buddy he liked it, though reading it is kinda bland.

i also made a poem for my friend.

farewell my friend find your truth, i hope you find it with a grin, smile at the waving hands, you'll see them all rise again, return home to rest your thoughts, go back to the places you thought you lost, trip over the rocks you used to climbed, walk the path where you dragged the line, i know im wrong when your right, but look at these gleaming lights, we only see them from the night, the darkened sky brings them out, the brighter sun dims them down, share your story with me now, let me learn from the lessons you know, tell me how we stick to the ground, tell me the truth you have found, your light has gotten brighter since then, so farewell my friend, find more truth to tell us soon, wave goodbye until the next blue moon.

You're poem is really good, here is one I wrote after my divorce. Pretty bitter, it doesn't reflect the person I am now.

You turn grey in your fantasy

While I rejoice in what you made me see

What you killed was my ability to feel

And so now don't you see? I am finally free

Depression is no longer in my vocabulary

While I embalm this dead body

I realize life is just a hobby

What you choose to fill your time with is fine

I won't be caught standing at the scene of the crime

Because I am a neat monster who takes his time

So this is where I draw the our line

Thanks for opening my eyes to my flawed melancholy design

Before I was a helpless child to your love left in blood

But now I am impermeable with these rubber gloves

No finger prints will be left at the scene

No emotions will be felt efficient as a machine

So while you play the same old part

I’ll be working on cadavers just for sport

Insights on death say life is short

As I look into the lies and this deceased ladies eyes

I gain insight into the skies

Life is so fragile but life is a lie

All of her goals begin to unfold

All of her morals all of our quarrels

Materialistic thrills and floral wine spills

It’s all a facade I smile and nod

I don't need a partner and I don't need a God

And I owe all this to you I can't thank you more

Here is my symphony my final epiphany

I guess forever was too long

But I work much better anyway--alone

You're poem is really good, here is one I wrote after my divorce. Pretty bitter, it doesn't reflect the person I am now.

You turn grey in your fantasy

While I rejoice in what you made me see

What you killed was my ability to feel

And so now don't you see? I am finally free

Depression is no longer in my vocabulary

While I embalm this dead body

I realize life is just a hobby

What you choose to fill your time with is fine

I won't be caught standing at the scene of the crime

Because I am a neat monster who takes his time

So this is where I draw the our line

Thanks for opening my eyes to my flawed melancholy design

Before I was a helpless child to your love left in blood

But now I am impermeable with these rubber gloves

No finger prints will be left at the scene

No emotions will be felt efficient as a machine

So while you play the same old part

I’ll be working on cadavers just for sport

Insights on death say life is short

As I look into the lies and this deceased ladies eyes

I gain insight into the skies

Life is so fragile but life is a lie

All of her goals begin to unfold

All of her morals all of our quarrels

Materialistic thrills and floral wine spills

It’s all a facade I smile and nod

I don't need a partner and I don't need a God

And I owe all this to you I can't thank you more

Here is my symphony my final epiphany

I guess forever was too long

But I work much better anyway--alone

thats, pretty good, but divorce? you're kinda young to be married, but ah when it happens it happens. i wrote something that complies with this, well maybe not complies but i wrote this from what i feel my friend need to hear sometimes.

you've got a strong head on your shoulders, dont lose what you remember, the music is calling you over, the stage has been set, as you keep learning while the earth keeps turning you will see the music that inspires you to do it, dont let it go now, as we get older our grip gets weaker with the change of the tides, but if you keep dreaming all the words your singing will echoe through all of the next people who will walk into the tomorrow, you keep giving them something when others keep taking and you know that its your name that will shine, bear on your shoulders all that you see give your thoughts a label tell them the title of your next big hit, teach with the music that is us, and the future is waiting for you, tell them your story, give them a lesson, show them your scars, and put lights in their empty firefly jars.

after a while my writing gets kinda lame and cliche but you learn from what you do :smile:

im a dopey guy, i date girls for long periods of time only to destroy what friendship i had with them.

but my friends help me a lot, one more then the others, he has a view of good in everyone while i went blank and saw everything without a label this is what i wrote about how we do things different between the two of us.

""my friend spreads a divine fury, i spread my infernal wrath, engulfed by flames the world will be, of burning passion and philosophy! covered by dark and so much grief, i'll light things up so we can see, shrowded in a blinding light from the skies, he'll dim them down so they can rise, we'll take everythnig and give it back, stop talking to a god who isnt talking back, beg for your life when its not worth it, move if you mean it, stop looking just to see it, looking back on all this madness, you otta know that we're all past this, so look for your tomorrow when its not there, reach for your past when no one cares, all this time i was lonley, do you know how it goes to scream im sorry, all this fire cant unmask this, so much heat but the temp is below it, fire never was so cold, now justice is gone all right was wrong and all we do is ask our god""

i left this incompleted. but my buddy always thought it was cool.

and i was in one of those moods when i wrote this--------------------------------------------------

can you see it, the illusion of god, every great miracle is just a mirage,

can you hear it, the word of god, believe that hevaen is where you go when your good and lost,

can you feel it, his divine embrace, he's sititng out of arms reach to keep our faith,

can you believe it, we fell from grace, makes our lives sin so he can take it away,

be quiet, if your talking to me, say what you want but i know what i see,

back off, if your reaching for me, i know what you want but i know my peace,

do you see it, the light of god, behind his giant curtain of truth is a lie wanting applause,

do you hear it, our screams of faith, murder everything to put his name on the graves,

do you feel it, our will for want, you coulda stopped it all but you sit and watch,

do you believe it, the truth of man, our very image and design comes from he who plans,

just stop it, if you want me to see, i've seen enough of his glory to know im not free,

just leave, if you want me to follow, i'd rather be alone then stand in his shadow,

so cut me, if you want me to bleed, i told you what i thought and you still cant see,

so light me, if you want me to burn, prove that your right by making me learn,

just do it, if you really beleive, everything he tells you will set you free,

im waiting, just light me up, do it if you really think that its enough,

i want it, so set me free, anythings better then to have you looking at me,

hurry, and bring me peace, if death is the only way for true release,

your nothing without that book, read it again to see how it ends,

its god who ends it all, get on your dirty knees because man will take his fall,

stop yelling, this is what we got, a god who doesnt listen and lets the world rot,

this is his gift to us, so take what you can and make it enough!