anime that never dies

shyguysteve

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I'm still technically a 'youngster', but I started watching anime a loooooong time ago (or so it seems). I still watch Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragonball, and Naruto sporadically, the ones I started with.

Bleach seems to never die (no matter how much I sometimes wish it would) as it appears to follow me around the internet. Although I watched it as a 'youngster', I still don't like it.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If we're talking about anime that never dies I'm pretty sure the Dragon Balls and it's many sequels, prequels and spin-offs wins. Because seriously even the characters don't really die and that show has such hard core fan following that it will always be remembered. Unless of course some American Idiots decides to make a live action out of it... oh wait that has happened. LOL. WORST movie EVER.

• 1 month later...

I recently saw some Star Blazers and Spaceketeers, made in the late 70s I think and shown locally early 80s.

I've forgotten exactly why but the local TV station did not air the last 3 episodes for Star Blazers and I actually only saw them around a year ago for the first time.  I had been under the impression that almost all the main characters died, the last scenes I ever saw of them were a bunch of them getting engulfed in flames and/or explosions or getting sucked into space.

I still like both of those,  SB much more.   Macross came a bit later, not long as I remember it but for some reason I don't like it as much. My next anime after those (80s) was Akira (early 2000s)

by the way,

Am I the only old guy in a room full of 20 year olds?

I'm going to name a few:

Sailor Moon

Gundam Wing/Seed/Etc

Bleach (I know, it's like newer than some of the other ones, but I believe people will still be talking about this in 20 years)

Robotech

Akira (the anime movie. totally epic, will never be anything else like it. ever)

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

And I know some of us loathe it but.....

POKEMON. This will be around, pretty much forever (or at least until Armageddon). You can thank a multi billion dollar franchise for that. There is SO much money in pokemon. They make more games, which makes more money, which means more money to make more episodes of the anime. A vicious cycle, indeed.