Random Talk.

Talena Mae

This forum hasn't been called Forgotten Memories since I first came here in 2004. I don't know when the name change happened, but it's been years at least.

Koby talked a little bit on the history of Kametsu in one of the old newsletters. IIRC, they were two separate fora, and eventually he merged the two and stuck with the name Kametsu.

Right now Forgotten Memories is a defunct RPG gaming news site. The link is at the top.

• Like 1

It was still FM until early 2007. FM was revived in December 2006 (I was ported a few days after the revival), and then some months down, the forums were merged into a singular Kametsu. I'm also mentioned in the second part of the interview, haha.

I don't know much about what software FM used, but I think we've run pretty much the entire gamut--vB, SMF, and now IPB. Koby probably knows--and remembers!--better than I do. It has been a long time, haha.

===

I almost finished pulling out all the books that don't belong to the library from the YA section today! I have one more shelf. Which means later this week when the librarian I was working with comes to work, it'll be faster going when we weed out the broken books.

I don't know much about what software FM used, but I think we've run pretty much the entire game--vB, SMF, and now IPB. Koby probably knows--and remembers!--better than I do. It has been a long time, haha.

IPB -> phpBB -> SMF -> vB -> IPB.

Started on InvisionFree, moved to Clic!dev, then to our own hosting in like 2004 or 2005. You can check the registration/creation date of the forgottenmem.net domain name on Who.is for the exact date we bought it.

You have books that don't belong to the library on your shelves? How does that happen? Do people bring their own books and leave them by mistake (or on purpose in a convoluted scheme to steal a different book that will never work thanks to security systems)? Or is it one of those inter-library loan systems? (I love those!)

Haha, that would be nefarious indeed. I teased her last week because we had so many books from one branch in particular that they probably don't have any books because we have them all.

But yeah, we have an inter-library system, so people can request to pick up stuff from one branch at another branch. And as long as they drop off their books at a library within the system, you don't have to return your books to the same branch you checked it out from.