cigarettes vs weed

shyguysteve

In 2005 or 2007 a film was released created for the purpose of unveiling the truth behind "weed".

i forget the title of the film and maybe some of you have seen it.

it shows us the actual uses of what some people called the most dangerous drug in circulation.

when in reality it might not even be as dangerous as the morning coffee you drink or even the mouth wash you use...

I'm not going to explain every last detail of the film, but i will bring up one point that strikes me as stupid in America.

the number 1 killer by use of a product is cigarettes. followed by alcohol, coffee and over the counter meds and products.

Something else about marijuana, did you know that if you use it once, it can be found in your pee 30 days later?

and if you use actual harmful drugs like meth or coke it gets dispelled from your body over a weekend.

are we sending a message to people to use these harmful drugs which become untraceable in a few days over marijuana that stay in our system for a month?

the film goes on to explain that we are buying and using poison thats been legal for years.

while weed has never killed anyone and even been of so much use to relieve people of pain is still illegal.

Marijuana and hemp have possibly endless medical uses, they can calm people down, increase or decrease metabolism, and has proven to be the most efficient pain reliever.

the crazy thing is most of the marijuana used today is grown in America. about 50%-60%

the marijuana itself wont physically harm you, the only thing that could do that is the smoke itself if you smoke it. and even then its damage is only a fraction compared to cigarettes.

what are your thoughts on this?

do you believe it?

should weed be legal in America?

is weed better for us to smoke then cigarettes?

when I find the documentary movie again I'll update this more thoroughly.

The thing is, if you legalize marijuana, then it may actually cause more problems. People are probably gonna push for other things to be legalised also. idk, but i do support its legalization. I don't think cigarettes should be illegal, though. idk why, i just don't think it should be, and I'm not even a smoker.

On another note, smoking marijuana IN NO WAY helps someone medicinally, which is something i very recently discovered. Which is exactly what people would want to do wth it, smoke it. So legalizing based on that factor is a null argument.

The thing is, if you legalize marijuana, then it may actually cause more problems. People are probably gonna push for other things to be legalised also. idk, but i do support its legalization. I don't think cigarettes should be illegal, though. idk why, i just don't think it should be, and I'm not even a smoker.

On another note, smoking marijuana IN NO WAY helps someone medicinally, which is something i very recently discovered.

Placebo is a very powerful healer

On another note, smoking marijuana IN NO WAY helps someone medicinally, which is something i very recently discovered. Which is exactly what people would want to do wth it, smoke it. So legalizing based on that factor is a null argument.

It's prescribed to help relax people who are too stressed. It's also prescribed to those who need to gain weight such as my sister who had lost so much weight they were about to hook her up to a feeding tube.

Placebo is a very powerful healer

If this is sarcasm, then agreed.

If not, then again, that is pretty much null. Just because Marijuana is a placebo, it doesn't = legalization, because there are already placebo's out there.

*EDIT* Marijuana does help with pain, just not when you SMOKE it. SMOKING it does nothing more than get you high.

The only reason it hasn't been legalized is because it'd be near impossible for the government to tax it since it can easily be grown by everyone.

hahaha thats exactly right !!

its money, so much fuss over little green papers with dead guys on it.

its also why so much medical marijuana is kept under wraps.

and this includes hemp.

a debate on legalization is practical and informative.

we know marijuana doesn't kill, and proves more diverse by medical use more then any other substance.

and it actuality nothing in natural grown marijuana will physically harm you, the smoke its self will if you smoke it.

what can you say against the use of marijuana other then by smoking it, you get high and happy?

The only reason it hasn't been legalized is because it'd be near impossible for the government to tax it since it can easily be grown by everyone.

This, essentially. I don't know any stoners that buy their weed anymore. They all grow it themselves.

I'm not too sure there's a real comparison to weed vs. cigarettes. Cigarettes are so much worse for the body.

This, essentially. I don't know any stoners that buy their weed anymore. They all grow it themselves.

I'm not too sure there's a real comparison to weed vs. cigarettes. Cigarettes are so much worse for the body.

at first i intended it to be comparing them, and debating which was worse and why which one was legal while the other is not.

but i remembered the movie and a lot of it comes from the research the movie offered.

medical articles everywhere know that cigarettes are not only bad but cause extenuating damage to the body.

while marijuana does little to no damage to the body, it can also be used for something other then a source of pleasure. it doesn't need to be smoked to be of use.

why they sell, legalize and market poison is just a simple and stupid answer, money.

nobody would make any money if the product can be grown in your house, all you need is dirt water and light.

knowing that cigarettes death toll are increasing year round to far exceed that of any war why is it still legal?

including alcohol.

with this tiny bit of information do you think there would be more chaos if marijuana was legalized?

people always want something they're not suppose to have, its just how we all are.

i don't suggest anyone smoking anything, simple fact and analysis proves cigarettes "kill" while weed can be used to "save" lives.

i would like to see more thoughts on this.

smoking weed does mess with your head, and addiction to it is inevitable, anyone who does something they like they will want to do again, thats just human analogy, between needing something and wanting something.

the same is equal for cigarettes, the addiction a lot of people develop to smoking at all is severe, but saying weed is just as bad as cigarettes its like saying, "a dead man is better then a useless man".

meaning if you cant have both you settle for the absolute last resort.

• 5 months later...