Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

I recently completed Ore Monogatari!!:

Rating: 9/10

I loved this anime! I found myself grinning from ear to ear by the end of every episode, everything just felt so happy. I wanted more of a romance for Sunakawa, since he always just seems so lonely and distant, some kind of lover to make his character shine even brighter... All together though this is a must watch in my opinion!

• 4 weeks later...

Technically the most recent anime I've completed watching is a Korean animation movie called Oseam. A wonderfully grounded composition and deeply emotional. I watched this one in regards of the MAL Anime Challenge 2017 and had no expectations of this movie whatsoever. Not hearing Japanese kept me thinking "something is odd" for the first few minutes but the film got me to immerse quite easily and I was greatly entertained but this different style of animation.

Speaking of a "real" anime, the last one I completed was Petshop of Horrors. It being watched for the same reason as the movie above (Genre: Shousei) I had none or rather low expectations., but it caught me by surprise. Although the first episode of this four-part OVA couldn't quite take me aboard, I pushed through and appreciated the well thought out character constellations and transmitted morals.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:04 PM, Tornado3000 said:

Just finished Monster.  I wish they would've cleared up the ending a little.

I agree, it felt really rushed and thrown in. Its not a they, its just Urasawa Naoki who wrote the manga ;)

Spoiler

All of a sudden Johan is just like, "lol im done with living xD" in this random town. Then he proceeds to "manipulate" everyone by them just all turning into literal retards because he barely did anything to them and then they start killing eachother. (like the lottery people, wtf?) Its a shame that so many great characters had to die in such an anti climactic situation. But besides that the show was incredible

Edited by teshro

Recently finished Akame ga Kill and gotta say, it's one of the greatest anime I've ever seen. I had heard it was good but hadn't been told what it was about really, and it wasn't quite what I expected. That turned out to be a good thing though because it was far better than I expected it to be. Also watched Cat Planet Cuties and it was decent. More action and plot than I anticipated. Now I'm watching Toradora! and really enjoying it.