Tron: Legacy sequel in 2013

cloud1414

When Tron: Legacy hit screens in December its opening weekend wasn’t that great ($44 million), which gave the impressions it would under-perform for Disney, but in the end it made $400 million worldwide, and in April director Joseph Kosinski said “we are working on the story now” for the sequel.

This was followed by the hiring of David DiGilio (Eight Below) in June to get started on the script, and now Bruce Boxleitner (Alan Bradley/Tron) has suggested the sequel could hit in 2013.

Here’s Boxleitner talking to fan at Disney’s D23 Expo last week (via AICN):

ml4FHeFRXdQ

Director Joseph Kosinski has previously said he’d love to return, but his next movie will be Horizons with Tom Cruise which is expected to start shooting later this year, so if he is returning to direct production on the sequel won’t begin until after he’s completed that (Horizons‘ release date is July 19, 2013).

The story for the sequel will likely start off with Quorra (Olivia Wilde) and Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) in the real world, and hopefully Cillian Murphy can return for a larger (potentially villainous) role as Dillinger Jr.

Source: http://filmonic.com/tron-legacy-sequel-2013#.TnUX7ezp7ES

Sweet I never expected a sequel but hey I ain't complaining I enjoyed this movie so much that I watched it three times in the theater. Although I can't get why some people say this movie sucked, I mean only a dead buffoon wold say the Air Bender movie was better than this and believe ma I know quite a number of idiots who say this.

Overall two of my all time favorite movies are coming out in 2013 Avatar 2 and Tron Legacy 2 men that is going to be one epic year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I really hope Daft Punk are back to do the soundtrack! I can't get enough of that soundtrack! Why is it so good!?!

Because it's Daft Punk and they're amazing.

Honestly I don't think a sequel do Tron:Legacy is a brilliant idea, but it's not a bad one either. It was a very pretty movie, but the storyline was lacking. I'm pretty sure they're just going to capitalize on the fact that it's pretty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...