Do you have a piercing?

Diablo

Like most, I'm not a huge fan of piercings. I guess I just don't find them particularly attractive, and it also annoys me because a lot of people I know are just doing it because everyone else is, which also kind of goes against the whole "being individual" thing that a lot of people use as their reason for initially getting them.

I can't see myself with most piercings either, haha. Not even my ear lobes.

SaX, are you certain they're just doing it to just do it, or does it just seem that way? And it's fine if you don't find them attractive, but everyone has their own taste. For those who do get things like piercings and tattoos, I think they usually consider it art, not mindless attempts to be unique.

(Besides, what about just regular lobe piercings, one hole each, no gauges??)

tumblr_m9gckthEg81qzckow.gif

I'm sure for those with piercings, it's not always just a matter of "I think this will look cool" or "I want to rebel against my parents". The librarian I was talking about--pretty sure she's not doing it to be unique or rage against the man, haha.

I've posted this before, but I have boring old lobe piercings, plus an industrial on my left ear. I didn't get my lobes pierced until I was in high school, and at that point, it was because I decided I wanted to wear earrings. And those are pretty standard for a girl; nearly everyone has them.

I got my industrial when I was a junior in high school I think, so I was about 16-17. My friend got a labret piercing, which made me want a piercing too. But I didn't think I could pull off any facial piercings, so I started looking at unconventional ear piercings, and decided (after MUCH deliberation) to get an industrial. It's something I researched and pondered for several months. I asked my parents for permission and everything. (For the record, my mom didn't like it, but let me get it anyway because she's cool, and she's okay with it now.)

So anyway, my thought process wasn't like, "Oh, my friend has a piercing, so I should get one too." I think hers just got the ball rolling, like, "Huh, I wonder what piercing I would get if I wanted one." And by the way, I believe she's let hers close and I still have mine, so there. :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have 9 piercings on my body total, but one of them (my naval) got rejected about 6 months in.  I think I changed it a little too early.  It's not scarring, I've been taking care of it, so I should be able to re-pierce it somewhere along the line.  

The other 8 are on my ears, 3 in each lobe and one in the cartilage on the top of each ear.

I've gotten both my ears pierced because in my country every baby girl gets both her ears pierced to distinguish them as female..........so no biggie over here.........although if a guy gets a piercing of any kind, people kinda stare as if they're crazy or weird...........people here can be very conservative that way about clothes, tattoos, hair and piercings..........I wanted to get a second piercing above the ones I have now but then I don't like studs and adore big earrings

• 2 months later...

I've had my ears pierced three times, the second hole twice. The only hole I still have open is the first one from when I was 6 years old. I've also tried to have a cartilage piercing in one ear at two times but I took it out both times cause it was too annoying. But I wouldn't get a piercing anywhere other than on my ear. I'm not into body piercings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...