Shin Megami Tensei

ishmael5

So, does anyone else here absolutely love the SMT games? or are people like me a dying breed. I HATE most of the "new" combat mechanics that RPGs have nowadays. I like my RPGs to have menu based actions for battle, and not autocombat. I DON'T like moving around the battlefield, unless it's just my character doing it for effect(i.e. Chrono Trigger) I ENJOY my games NOT looking like a friggin' MMO. /rant

So, yeah. SMT games. Love them, love their story, love their combat, love their music...basically everything about them...anyone else with me?

• 1 month later...

I never heard of this series until a few months ago. I saw a random advertisement for Persona 4 on a video game music website, and I was intrigued. I researched it, and within a couple of minutes, I knew I had to get the game! So the next day, I went buy it, and after an hour or so of playing it, I knew that it would become one of my favorite games ever.

So about a month or two later, I finished it. I started the New Game +, but then I decided to take a look at other games in the series since I loved Persona 4 so much. So then I bought Persona 3, and I love that one too! I'm currently playing that one.

Anyway, I would love to know where this series was hiding my whole life, because it's so good and so not well-known.

After I finish Persona 3, what's some more good ones in the series?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Months after my last post, I've gotten my hands on some more SMT games.

I now have Digital Devil Saga for PS2. It's older, but it's actually a really cool game. You actually become demons instead of summoning them.

I also have Devil Summoner 2 for PS2 (that one came out this year), but I haven't been able to play it just yet. I have too many other games to play.

And for the DS, I have Devil Survivor. It's pretty cool, too, if you like tactical RPGs. Actually, the battle system is only half tactical-RPG like...it's kind of hard to explain.

That's all they had at my local GameStop, but I need MORE!!!

Anyway, I can't wait till later this month when Persona comes out on PSP! I hope they do a remake of Persona 2 for the PSP too (both of them, hopefully)!

But yeah, everything about these games appeal to me. There's so much style involved with them, especially the Persona games. I totally agree, they have the best music, battle system, characters, everything. There's just something about all their games that's so original and weird and awesome.

• 10 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Necro bumping?
For MegaTen thread?

Tanis Approves.

My heart will always have a spot for Revelations: Persona.

It was the first non Square-Soft JRG that I not only played, but DEVOURED.

I ended up wanting a PS2 because I heard Persona 3 was going to be exclusive to it...though I soon found out that Atlus sucked at releasing games 'on time'.