Fall is Around the Corner, Which Games are you Pre-ordering?

REM4606

Tons of big releases for all consoles are coming up pretty fast now! I want to know which ones you guys plan on pre-ordering and why... Here's a link with many of the names just as an FYI...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Upcoming_video_games_scheduled_for_2011

I only own a 360 so my list is all pertaining to that console:

1) Assassin's Creed: Revelations:

Why? Because I'm an Assassin's Creed FREAK! I love the story line and the game-play. If you haven't tried this game yet then you need to! Just a heads up, the first Assassin's Creed's game-play was a bit repetitive, but the rest of the games will blow you away.

2) Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi:

Why? Again, I'm a FREAK for this.... I love this anime series, and the games are always fun. It's just a must for me

3) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3:

Why? Well I travel around for my personal site which contracts out to MLG (Major League Gaming) professional players to sponsor. So we sponsor these young'ins and they promote our site! I won't throw the link up here cause that's kind of cheesy if you ask me... but I love running around blasting away with the COD series, and I'm not half bad either!

4) Dead Island:

Why? ZOMBIES! You have to love a good zombie game, and with this one having some RPG elements built in I believe it will have a refreshing taste of that the zombie world may need!

5) Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Why? Once again, ZOMBIES! Except this time I'm the bad-guy trying to cover everything up....not save the world! And maybe call in a Nemesis or two :dhh:

So that's my list so far! What do you guys plan on buying or are at least looking forward to seeing come out? Again this is for all consoles!

I do not pre-order, but I buy games on day one.

This fall I will play:

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, but it only comes out in November

Battlefield 3, probably because my brothers and friends will all play

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, maybe

Spider-Man Edge of Time, Im kind of in a spider-man at this time (playing Shattered Dimensions, and i just downloaded the 90s animated series

Batman Arkham City, It has coop

oh man, don't get mee started, heh. picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution this morning. have Dead Island paid off in pre order right now. ganna pick up the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collection when it comes out, not really worth pre ordering since no bonus. gotta pay off Rage next. thats what on my immediate list right now. tons of games are coming out on my birthday this year :S

There are only a few Fall releases I am waiting for and pre-ordering. The rest are in Winter of this year to Spring of next year.

I am getiing Rune Factory Tides of Destiny, Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns, Uncharted 3, Tales of Graces F, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, and Final Fantasy XIII-2, at least, on pre-order.

saw some people mention paying them pre-orders off... here's a little tip that helps me free up cash... I use amazon to pre-order, 99% of the time they offer release day delivery, so you get it the day it comes out and you don't get charged 1 cent until the game ships, so keep that cash till release day, then pay it off all at once...helps free up a little bit of cash

This year has been huge, no? So far, I've paid off Skyrim and Uncharted 3 at Gamestop to make sure I don't have to worry about them, but there's still a bunch of games I want to play. Deus Ex just came out, and I'm dying to play it. Same with Catherine. Plus, there's still Dead Island, RAGE, Arkham City, and Op Raccoon City coming up. It's an expensive holiday season for the damn sure!

Currently pre-ordering Gears of War 3 & MW3 for obvious reasons, uhhh I might preorder Dark Souls if they come out with a nice pre-order deal like the deluxe edition for Demon's Soul.

My brother is getting Battlefield 3 so I got that third shooter covered.

Halo 4 & It's remake of the CE (Halo 1), I may look into a little more before I put money down on them.

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention FFXIII-2 as well rofl. I might get it if they include some kind of collectors edition strategy guide, but this time I won't open it - just keep it in its shrinkwrap and sell it one day.

---

Other games that I'm really looking forward that are supposed to come out this following year: Forza 4, RE: ORC, Bioshock: Infinite, Mass Effect 3, Natural Selection 2, Diablo 3. Oh and maybe the MGS recollection.

saw some people mention paying them pre-orders off... here's a little tip that helps me free up cash... I use amazon to pre-order, 99% of the time they offer release day delivery, so you get it the day it comes out and you don't get charged 1 cent until the game ships, so keep that cash till release day, then pay it off all at once...helps free up a little bit of cash

There is a downside to this, such as, What if you don't have enough money by the time it comes out and you didn't pay it off already.

Answer: You won't get the game or any pre-order bonuses if that is what you are after.

Probably of occurrence: 50/50 with the reason being that anything can come up leaving you without enough money.

If you really want a game the day it comes out, you will pay for it right away so that you don't have to worry about the money. The money that would have gone into it could have most likely gone into something else that is not essential, either. Paying them off right away is the only way to guarantee that you will get the game on the release day.