Most overrated villain in a series?

Hitomi

Okay, another attempt at a thread.

Here's a thought that has existed in the back of my mind whenever I watch an anime or read a manga that has a villain (which is almost all). Sure we all have our favorite bad guys/girls, but there are certainly "bad characters" per say who don't belong in this category. Since there's usually the whole good vs. evil going on in any story, I just wanted to know what villain/bad guy (in any series) is vastly overrated in your opinion?

lol, funny you should say that honey, cuz i was gonna say Aizen too for the same exact reason.

I mean, how dumb is that? You know a guy is gonna try and kill you, you know he has an ability to level up dangerously and magically when trouble's afoot.

WHY would you not just end the guy then and there? I mean, you're a soul reaper. You have a cool ass katana that can slice through pretty much anything. You have a reiatsu that makes most people suffocate. You have 2 underlings who'll do it for you if you're that damn lazy!

It's funny both of you say Aizen because that's who I was thinking of when I created this post.

I completely agree. His level of power is so awesome it's ridiculous. Aizen seems to have almost no weakness or failure. He's almost too perfect. He knows everything before it happens. And perhaps that's why I find him overrated. He has reached "god-like" proportions. He's supposed to be one of the most intelligent characters and arguably the most powerful, and yet...even "god-like" characters are still believable because they have some trait that makes them more human--more relate-able. I think if the rivalry between Urahara and Aizen was taken a bit farther and the author had spent more time on it (even up to this point in the manga), I wouldn't see Aizen as overrated.

• 3 months later...

I'd say madara uchiha. If he was such a bad ass or the greatest uchiha ever lived as claimed, we would he be so afraid of his student, itachi, if his sharingan was WAY better than itachi, how comes he is the most unsuccessful person EVER 4rm his clan and its just so stupid that he has to use someone lower in brains and skills ( yes; sasuke ) to fight his battles

I'd say madara uchiha. If he was such a bad ass or the greatest uchiha ever lived as claimed, we would he be so afraid of his student, itachi, if his sharingan was WAY better than itachi, how comes he is the most unsuccessful person EVER 4rm his clan and its just so stupid that he has to use someone lower in brains and skills ( yes; sasuke ) to fight his battles

You are confused.

Tobi is not Madara.

Trust me i know the difference between Tobi and Madara even though they are the same person. All I am trying to say if madara uchiha is such a bad@ass as he is claimed to be, why doesn't he have a wicked power/skill and if he did y hasn't he showed them. Taking down one of the bijuus single handedly is not impressive considering even kisame could do it. In my opinion he is average

They are NOT the same person.

Madara was dead and ressurected by Kabuto. Meaning his soul had to be in the afterlife, which makes it impossible that Tobi could be him. Meaning Tobi was once again lying.

well, if this thread is about any over rated villain then i think i have two.

One would be Charle vi Brittania from Code Geass.

The dude is the emperor of the most powerful nation on the planet and has the crazy ass ability to alter peoples minds, yet he still manages to f**k up at every turn and instead of killing his son he just wipes his memory and lets him get on with it. Stupidity in its basest form.

Another would probably be Xargin from Blassreiter. I mean Joseph (Blue) is supposed to be a weakling compared to him and the whole way through the series Xargin whips folks asses something fierce.

Then outta the blue (pardon the pun) Joseph rips him a new one with very little effort and to top it off he ain't annoyed at his death. F**k the ending pissed me off.

They are NOT the same person.

Madara was dead and ressurected by Kabuto. Meaning his soul had to be in the afterlife, which makes it impossible that Tobi could be him. Meaning Tobi was once again lying.

You konw what, naruto is really bugging me with everyone dying and being brought back to life as if someone cannot truly R.I.P. ( kinda like DBZ ) :amazed:. However thanx 4 the update as i haven't watched the anime nor read the manga 4 quite some time now. I have question though.... if madara is dead as u say, how comes he possess the sharingan. Could tobi actually be madara's brother. ( nb>>>> Just my assumption :oh: