Black Ops Haters

Kyon

I don't hate it but I do prefer MW2(multiplayer) over it for sure. For me it was the fact that they made sniper rifles irrelevant and they patched my favorite class to the point where its not fun anymore.

On a positive note though, zombies is pure awesomeness. you can't diss zombies

I think its just a knee-jerk reaction. People who have been playing CoD since the CoD2 and Cod4 days (Not disregarding PC player, its just I dont know alot about PC gaming) feel that the series is moving in the wrong direction. Theres nothing inherently wrong with the game, it can just be tedious for some people who want the game to go back to it's roots.

As for the MW2/Black Ops debate, I heard a good comparison once:

"MW2 is like a hot model, who's an absolute derp, and Black Ops is like an Ugly Betty. Neither click on all levels."

There will always be people out there who find something to complain about when it comes to a video game or pretty much anything in life. The game designers cannot please everyone sadly. While I have not been a fan of the Call of Duty series I liked the direction that Black Ops multiplayer took it was a refreshing change from most shooters.

it bugs me that commando seems to still be in the game especially in the wager matches, but i enjoy it, when mw2 was 5 months old everyone was hatin then BO came out people loved it, 6 months later everyone was hatin that one and starting saying mw2 was better, people are never happy with what they've got!!

This game wasn't bad but it wasn't specially epic either.

When my cousin brought his PS3, we used to play this all the time but that was because he had only brought the one game with him.

It was good fun for 3-4 hours but it sort of became boring after that. Move, aim, shoot, duck, grenade, RPG ... There's only so long a guy can do all that.

Then again, we weren't playing online so maybe the gaming experience changes.

Personally, I'm not that big a fan of FPS, much rather preferring RPG's or 3PS.

If I had to rate the game based on missions and co operative, i'd give it a max of 7/10

I think the main reason people hat it is because they suck at it and always go negative but if it was the opposite they would love the game.

It's highly unlikely that ANYONE could suck at this game. FPS are always so easy - point gun, shoot, run, repeat - hope to hit someone.

The CoD's are even easier which is why they're the only FPS series i actually like.

I guess because the CoD franchise didn't try anything new since the first MW. Short campaign, story was meh (in my opinion), it felt more like a movie than a video game. Firing the guys who made the MW and MW2 didn't help it's popularity either. Overall, it felt like I played the same game already.

I don't think its bad, I personally just don't like it it didn't really change much and gameplay was extremely scripted (in campaign) more so than other iterations and the multiplayer can become annoying. As long as someone has reasonable justification for disliking it then let them (probably contradicting myself here) if not they're probably fanboys of some other crap i.e. infinity ward fanboys, console fanboys. Not that there is anything wrong with being a fanboy of something its just their opinions lack validity due to their ignorance towards some subjects.

• 9 months later...

I never liked it, and to this day am happy I never wasted my money. I remember when Modern Warfare 2 came out I was very, very psyched. Got the game on the opening day, completed the campaign on the hardcore difficulty within days, and was straight on the online play. Which was blissful. Some of the best online play I'd had in years. But after mountains of patching, boosters and dicks finding out glitches I left it never too return. When Black Ops came out, I didn't buy it, but borrowed it from a friend to try it out. The campaign was complete drivel, no emotional response what so ever. and then I played online, destroyed god knows how many noobs and vets, all cause I was used to playing MW2. That ain't a good sign of originality. All of the players were exploiting glitches, or trying too, so I swept through. had an average of 6 to 1 ratio in all my games. Utter shite.

You see, COD has lost all its magic imo. When I picked up Battlefield Bad Company 2 a few weeks later, I was amazed. The best fps online play I had ever experienced. Nice people (in general) and mostly mature gamers. Bliss. And so I will never go back to playing that piss easy game, not even for the zombies.

• 3 weeks later...
blacks is just a terrrible game period

You know it's funny.. cause from a gameplay, story and content wise... its actually far better then any Modern Warfare. The Story was awesome it was well written and for people like me who played World at War we got a nice continuation to a standard story. Resnov is a much more interesting and developed character then Price and in the end the story felt far more rewarding and made me feel like what i did was worth the time.

Multiplayer had its fare share of problems but nothing like Modern Warefare 3... oh boy what slopfest, while true Sniper's were nurfed... there was a reason for it..

Zombies > Spec Ops... As a great way to show just how much time can be invested in it compare Black ops and MW2

Zombies = 200 hours..... Spec ops = 5 hours You tell me whats more worth my money?

But this purely my opinion from technical stand point and take it as you will, have a nice day.

I personally enjoyed Black Ops more than MW2. I feel like Black Ops really tried to make the game balanced with actually patching the guns and stuff every once in a blue moon. It didn't feel like MW2 in the ways of everyone going noob tube/one man army. Everyone COMPLAINED about that so much, and IW didn't do squat about it. I think MW turned into a unbalanced "fun-fest" and Black Ops tried to be a more competitive game that actually took some skill to do well.

It's highly unlikely that ANYONE could suck at this game. FPS are always so easy - point gun, shoot, run, repeat - hope to hit someone.

The CoD's are even easier which is why they're the only FPS series i actually like.

Really, now?

I hope you realize that you can apply a similar logic to almost every type of game.

I've tried getting friends to play FPS games, but their reaction times are awful.

Trust me... it's very possible for people to suck at the COD games. I've seen it firsthand.

I hate to say this, but I actually enjoyed Black Ops.

I loved the graphics-sure, they were a little cartoony but I enjoyed them much more then Modern Warfare. The story was okay, I really enjoyed the twist at the end with Mason.

The only thing I hate is the multiplayer. There are so many 10 year old kids on there trying to "troll". If I wanted to go to a park and play with kids, I would've walked around the corner to my local park.

The zombie playing in the game was pretty great. I've never really been a fan of zombies as I'm a huge puss but it was pretty fun.

Black Ops has its haters but it is a pretty good game.

Black ops, for me atleast, was by far the worst cod. Everything just seemed a lot more laggy compared to the others. Don't even get me started on the first couple months with the ps3 version. The maps even seemed dull and not creative. cod 4 was so good because it was the first to change things up. MW2 just improved graphics a little bit and overall control. MW3 is almost a copy of MW2 but with different features. The one thing i did enjoy from Black ops though was the wager matches. But now MW3 has some of those.

• 2 weeks later...