Violence

Kasoivc

I have some very odd feelings about violence. I mean, I don't condone violence or nearly support it either. Though I see violence as a very... personally attached concept. Violence for the sake of violence is not really the same as resorting to "violence" as in the act of aggression in self defense or justice per say, right? I'm all in for peaceful negotiations but sometimes you just can't avoid it, sadly one way or another some problems turn sour and become violent - either over time or instantly.

How do you guys feel about violence? What about when its being used towards protesting and such? Is the concept all the same or are there many meanings and ways to look at it?

(This kind of discussion was spurred inside me when I found out there's really someone I'd love to put four feet under, I have a very high code of honor and I take much pride in it.)

I feel the same way. Sometimes violence is inevitable even though I wish that every situation could be solved peacefully, but people just don't listen.

(This kind of discussion was spurred inside me when I found out there's really someone I'd love to put four feet under, I have a very high code of honor and I take much pride in it.)

I think it's six feet under, it's a zombie thing. Because everyone knows that zombies can dig up to five feet, but not six.

I feel the same way. Sometimes violence is inevitable even though I wish that every situation could be solved peacefully, but people just don't listen.

I think it's six feet under, it's a zombie thing. Because everyone knows that zombies can dig up to five feet, but not six.

Er. Yeah, I got the expression wrong as usual~ But I just hate when it has to come to violence. I believe ignorance is the cause of most of violence to be honest, one party just won't listen to rationality and then bam, full scale wars over petty things. Like that one saying, the ordinary man fights with their lives while politicians fight with words.

• 3 weeks later...

To me it's some kind of closed circle, the best way to avoid violence is when others know that you're capable of being violent and try to be on good sides with you, at the same time how're they gonna know you can stand your ground if you havent resorted to violence. I'm all for solving problems without going physical, doesnt mean you should look for arguments after a punch just landed on your face first or someone insulted your mother.

And shit like that happens, who doesn't know people sometimes get assaulted for the way they look, their behavior, for being different. Certainly, the ones who do that are not reasonable so you cant really reason with them. Violence is a handy thing sometimes.

sidenote/ about the six feet and zombies, then why do they bury women even deeper? Female zombies have better digging skills?

• 5 months later...

hm... as humble as I may appear I do not assist with pacifism. Though I should explain that I can not learn everything one sided, so I need to understand or experience whatever and everything there is to lead a life that is centered by my mind and not my desires. Feeling no pain I would not learn much, which is why its practical to learn how to fight via martial arts or another physical way to defend or attack. I don't encourage anyone to follow a path I try to walk down.

In short, some people need to hit someone and someone needs to get hit by someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Violence is part of nature, it is inevitable. Look at the destructive power of hurricanes or volcanoes, or how a lion feeds on gazelles or a shark on a fish. That said, we as humans are part of nature though we are more civilized(or I hope so). Even so, our innate nature to be violent is there and will always be a part of us.

Sometimes I call myself a pacifist or say that I perfer the most peaceful solution, but really- I'm probably telling a lie. I am naturally violent. However by the way civilized society is and because I value my life, I won't show that to people unless it's for defending myself or others I deem defending. If someone's truly a complete pompus ass, I still believe all they need is the shit beat of them. As a martial artist I can tell you all, there's nothing that teaches more humility than getting your ass kicked. It's a barbaric philosophy for sure, but I speak the truth.

Now, am I saying go punch a person because they insulted you? No. That most likely will make things worse for you. The person you attacked could have a gun, or may press charges obviously.