140 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rukia achieve Bankai?

• No way, Impossible.
    • Yes, I think she will.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bankai is way too overused as previously stated. It's almost ridicoulous how easy they jump to it before the fight has even begun half the time! It should be a last resort kind of power...used only in tight spots and against enemies that far surpass your level. All of the Soul Reapers that have bankai should work harder at brandishing their own physical power and skills rather than just using this final stage of their zanpakuto right from the beginning. I think Renji's achieving Bankai should have occurred much later in the series (if it all), not right away in the SS Arc. Of course, seeing as Rukia is now a lieutenant, it's possible she's achieved bankai. I almost hope she hasn't though for the reason that her power has never been much to begin with. She's quick, and she has skill, but not bankai worthy. That should be a power of the elite, or at least those who spend years upon years of dedication. It's only been what...almost 2 years since she's last seen Ichigo...? Not enough time to truly master Bankai unless you are Ichigo apparently.

Bankai is way too overused as previously stated. It's almost ridicoulous how easy they jump to it before the fight has even begun half the time! It should be a last resort kind of power...used only in tight spots and against enemies that far surpass your level. All of the Soul Reapers that have bankai should work harder at brandishing their own physical power and skills rather than just using this final stage of their zanpakuto right from the beginning. I think Renji's achieving Bankai should have occurred much later in the series (if it all), not right away in the SS Arc. Of course, seeing as Rukia is now a lieutenant, it's possible she's achieved bankai. I almost hope she hasn't though for the reason that her power has never been much to begin with. She's quick, and she has skill, but not bankai worthy. That should be a power of the elite, or at least those who spend years upon years of dedication. It's only been what...almost 2 years since she's last seen Ichigo...? Not enough time to truly master Bankai unless you are Ichigo apparently.

The thing is about Rukia becoming a Lieutenant was that she was already at the power level to be one when Bleach first started. It was stated she was placed in a low rank position because Byakuya didn't want her to be put in such a position that could be as dangerous or something like that. I can't remember the exact words used for the reasoning.. just that I remember it being stated she was only at such a low rank because he had asked them to do so. So she was finally just upgraded to the rank that her power level warranted. I doubt it means anything in terms of whether she gained new power or even Bankai and I seriously hope she hasn't.

I can't remember the exact words used for the reasoning.. just that I remember it being stated she was only at such a low rank because he had asked them to do so. So she was finally just upgraded to the rank that her power level warranted. I doubt it means anything in terms of whether she gained new power or even Bankai and I seriously hope she hasn't.

Agreed. I always knew she was at a lower rank than what she deserved due to Byakuya's request. And though I'm glad she was finally upgraded to her deserved rank, I just hope that if for some small chance she did happen to achieve bankai, there is an incredibly long backstory as to how she achieved it and for what motivation. Though I doubt there will be one...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

rukia dose become liutenant of squad 13 so there is every possibilty of her achieving bonnkai i mean renji did and ikkaku and ichigo arent even liutenants therfe is also the possibility of her achieving bonkai the same way ichigo did

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

tougher arrancar man plus said arrancar studied his reitsu so he could "REDUCE THE DAMAGE (eat random fat dude)"

Well, she may be weak but notice the fact that Rukia is one of the main characters or if i'm not wrong the show started with her entry. What I'm trying to say is that the author gives much preferences to the characters around Ichigo i.e. if Ichigo gets stronger, so will his friends (not in proportionate though). Looking at the way the manga is progressing, it will be sooner than later that we see Rukia unleashing her Bankai and I'd personally want to see that happen. Probably we will get to see that when something bad happens to Ichigo.

P.S. Having said weak, I personally believe that Toshiro Hitsugaya is not fit to be a captain with the amount of skill that he possesses. He doesn't deserve a Bankai nonetheless its useless.

I personally don't want her to achieve Bankai anytime soon. Outside the captaincy, Ichigo, Renji and Ikkaku already have it. (I watch the dub so if more have achieved it, gimme some slack) Bankai is a power on a whole different scale and Rukia simply isn't ready for it. Plus I think it would be overkill if practically all of the main loved characters had bankai. This is also considering that they generally can't take on their new enemies at the start of each season.

Rukia + Bankai = No! At LEAST for the next few... years... :P

• 1 month later...