How Young Is To Young??

Myrodis19

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i dont know what the issue is like where you guys are from but imo 4 years is a bit much in the teen years. Ive had many a friend who was literally crushed cause they were much younger than the guys they were dating. In sayin that it is a maturity thing...they mostly thought they were in love, as young girls do and the guys just used them nd left. Ive been in many a fight over issues like that. But if the girl is mature enough to handle it then by all means go ahead. But be carefull, in my experience girls dont get their armor till older, if you know what i mean...

Well' date=' that's not true for every girl. When I was 15, I was dating someone who was 21 and I came out fine. When it was over, sure I was upset, but it wasn't different from any other breakup I'd been through.[/quote']

Six years...wow... I mean, what can I say...

No offence meant here but imo thats just, well...disgusting. I mean 2 years, fine and dandy, 4 pushing it but 6 goes a bit ott. That's like me dating a 12 year old...urgh. Okay, not neccesarily the time difference, but the ages...15 year old with a 21 year old. If I was your dad, I think i would have killed him. Again no offence meant.

Age gaps are relative compared to the age you are. When you're 16, a 5 or 6 year gap is pretty big considering that it's a third of your age. While when you're 20, it seems like less because it is a lesser percentage of the time you've lived.. and I would assume that when you get older, that five years means even less.

This is my opinion, and a bit of advice. Go for the dating, wait a minimum of 2 years to get physical.

I wish I had something encouraging to say but imo it's a bad idea, you're twenty, you've gone through adolescence and what not, so you'll definitely think and act more like an adult and tend to do more adult things, she's still sixteen, the time where both male and females don't usually think right and are pretty reckless and relationships are more of a recreation than a commitment, it's very possible for some of your "adultness" to rub of on her if that makes sense which can lead to very bad situations with regards to her personally and her relationship with her family, I mean us teenagers are already rebellious, throw in an adult partner and that could lead to disaster, it may start of fairly innocent but next thing you know, she'll be wanting to do the stuff you're able to do as an adult along with you, from what I've seen, that never ends well.

I say this because, I've seen quite a few people in a situation like this, the majority of the times, something extreme happens, eloping, in which the girl comes back to her family crying, abuse, pregnancy, emotional scarring, alcohol abuse. I'm not saying this will happen with you, but you need to be very careful here, like Teddihursa said, it was normal for her but everyone is different. Then again, a lot of the times when this turns out bad, the guy is usually at fault, so I guess it all depends on how you handle it. Again, this is just what I have personally observed and it does not have to be the case with you. I wish you both well.

5 years, when it's 15-20 is a large difference. She's still a kid and you're an adult. While not illegal to date, it's not (normally) socially acceptable to date someone so young. Plus, if you do anything even remotely physical, people are going to flip. I know some people would call the cops if you even gave her a kiss. You also have to keep in mind that her parents are unlikely to be happy with this. Like I said, she's still a kid. Would you want your 15 year old daughter going out with someone who is 20?

@Minh- Honestly if i could trust the guy and i knew for a fact he was not going to utterly screw my daughter up i probably would. I would hope my daughter would have the sense to know whats right and wrong. After all i could say no but the girl would do what she wants. Most rediculous advice ive seen while not on here was if you really like her give her a few years, why the hell would someone do that if they like the girl they like her. What if this said girl could have been the one to get away.

@Minh- Honestly if i could trust the guy and i knew for a fact he was not going to utterly screw my daughter up i probably would. I would hope my daughter would have the sense to know whats right and wrong. After all i could say no but the girl would do what she wants. Most rediculous advice ive seen while not on here was if you really like her give her a few years, why the hell would someone do that if they like the girl they like her. What if this said girl could have been the one to get away.

How do you know they trust you and aren't going to utterly screw their daughter over, or pressure her into doing something? Possibly get her in some situation where someone else screws her over. A lot of 15 year olds these days don't know what's right or wrong. Even if they do know it's wrong to, say, drink some beer, that doesn't mean they're not going to do it. Plenty of kids these days know that drinking alcohol is wrong, but they do it anyway. Same goes for other substances.

I'm not saying that she in particular doesn't know. She may very well be smart; she could be a genius for all I know. But is the risk of things going wrong really worth it to you? How are you sure that this kid is the one you're going to spend the rest of your life with?

How do you know they trust you and aren't going to utterly screw their daughter over, or pressure her into doing something? Possibly get her in some situation where someone else screws her over. A lot of 15 year olds these days don't know what's right or wrong. Even if they do know it's wrong to, say, drink some beer, that doesn't mean they're not going to do it. Plenty of kids these days know that drinking alcohol is wrong, but they do it anyway. Same goes for other substances.

I'm not saying that she in particular doesn't know. She may very well be smart; she could be a genius for all I know. But is the risk of things going wrong really worth it to you? How are you sure that this kid is the one you're going to spend the rest of your life with?

Honestly i even told her/asked would your parents mind if we dated. She said they wouldn't bu i myself even said i wanted to meet them before we got any closer. Kinda scared to meet her dad none the less. Oh and she is 16 not 15.

Honestly i even told her/asked would your parents mind if we dated. She said they wouldn't bu i myself even said i wanted to meet them before we got any closer. Kinda scared to meet her dad none the less. Oh and she is 16 not 15.

No difference, and you really take her word for it? She doesn't know for sure what her parents would think; she isn't them.

Well of course i am hesitant about her word, though i am willing to give it a shot. I like her and we have much in common as weird as that may sound. I will meet her parents eventually and will be completely honest that i am in the relationship for their daughter and not to just use her or anything.