How Young Is To Young??

Myrodis19

Puerto Rico, that's the "U.S" I live in (U.S Territory). And that's how it is over here, so I assumed it was the same in the rest of the U.S. That probably was a dumb thing to do but what ever. And I'm only talking about dating, not fucking, I would've said a lot more if this included fucking but in the first post the guy only talks about dating. Even though fucking could be generalized in there, I wouldn't wanna stick it in to cause any unnecessary arguments or discussions and what not. I mean discussions are nice but I don't like adding shit that wasn't there in the beginning. And that's a nice story, I'm happy for your friend, I really am. : ]

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some states do have Romeo and Juliet laws.

How young is too young depends on the ages of the people involved. There's just too much of a difference in so many ways when those ages are something like sixteen and twenty. It's only a four year difference, but it's only a four year difference between a fifteen year old and an eleven year old. It's only a four year difference between a one year old and a five year old.

Between a thirty year old and a forty year old, sure, it's ten years. But they're both adults and both beyond puberty. It's ten years between a twenty year old and a ten year old. I doubt you're going to find an age gap that's appropriate across the board.

I don't know what US you live in, but here where I'm at it's 3 years not 7. If your 17 fucking a 14 (or 13 and 16 even) year old or visa versa someone is in trouble. However you can still get in trouble if one is 17 and the other is 18, because the 18 year old is considered a legal adult. I've actually known someone who has to register as a sex offender because he was 18 and his girlfriend was 17 and her parents caught them together. He spent 2 years in jail and now is a registered sex offender, but as soon as he got out of jail the two of them got married and still are happily married.. and that took place nearly 10 years ago.

Oh the flaws in the legal system. Just because their parents were a bunch of retards the poor guy got put away for awhile :/. At least they are married big middle finger to the parents!

• 3 weeks later...

Anywhere within 2 years perfectly acceptable

After that it all comes into a very muddy system of defining what is and isn't okay.

In my eyes, love is love. And as long as both of you are ready for the repercussions of your actions, its fine.

Really though, 16 is old enough to make their own decisions about things, so good luck.